Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got A Date Band To Bypass

Yes I think the December page will get more active with questions and experiences as soon as the some have surgery.

But you can read and ask questions in any area.

Sometimes I just put random words that i wonder about in the search area and see what people have said about it. You can get lost in here reading so many stories and experiences.

That's probably true about the site becoming more active when December comes. I do like the before surgery questions and thoughts though. Maybe I'll go ahead and try to start something. It seems like the other months have that as well as the after-surgery posts. yes, the random word searches are very interesting. I've finally quit reading about complications--it was good and important information, but now my decision is made, I'm focusing on the successes and positive experiences.

I'm starving for something to chew as well, Lisa. I have some chocolate sugar-free calcium chews that I really look forward to (along with my chewable multi-vites). Such a treat to take vitamins! Who knew?

I got my date' date=' too! Band revised to RNY on December 10. I'm on a 2-week liquid diet now. I'm really nervous, too. All of a sudden it's REAL! Today I had to sign all the forms that discuss all the risks and possible complications--including death, of course. I told my doctor I just signed my life away. He said that they try to put every possible complication on there but that they seldom have serious complications and no one has died yet.

Law, how long was your surgery and recovery? My doc says the surgery may take 3-4 hours because of the band removal and that I will be in the hospital at least two nights and probably can't return to work for 3-4 weeks. Luckily, I work on campus and the campus is pretty shut down after December 17. It will be nice to recover during the holidays.

I'm 63 and am also concerned about my age. Is there anyone as old as I am who has done this revision? I haven't found anyone but I'm just now becoming active on this board (switched from LapBand talk). Good luck everyone![/quote']

Hi momlambert

How r you how was surgery?

I'm doing pretty weel, thanks for asking. I had surgery Monday and am still in the hospital but hope to go home tomorrow. My band came out pretty well but did leave a lot of scar tissue so my new stomach had to be a little longer than most and the opening is having a hard time staying open so I can only do really, really small sips of stuff. The pain hasn't been too bad with the medication. My shoulder/diaphragm pain is the worst tonight. I'm really tired and ready for bed. I just wish they could leave me alone throughout the night! Can't wait to get home.

I'm doing pretty weel, thanks for asking. I had surgery Monday and am still in the hospital but hope to go home tomorrow. My band came out pretty well but did leave a lot of scar tissue so my new stomach had to be a little longer than most and the opening is having a hard time staying open so I can only do really, really small sips of stuff. The pain hasn't been too bad with the medication. My shoulder/diaphragm pain is the worst tonight. I'm really tired and ready for bed. I just wish they could leave me alone throughout the night! Can't wait to get home.

Mom

what will they do about the opening not staying open, that doesn't sound right. is it just supposed to correct itself?

Glad you are doing so well and I know you are anxious to get home. Make sure you are able to drink please. Sending you thoughts and prayers.

Yes, it could be a problem but looks like it's working out okay. He said when they tested the opening they couldn't get the scope through it but then they were able to. After they pulled the probe out, it would close right up. They did it several time and could get it through but it kept closing up. They were hoping it was from swelling. Yesterday when I did the contrast swallow, the solution hung up there and didn't go through. My doc decided to go ahead and start me on Clear liquids and see if it would trickle through and eventually the swelling would go down and would work. That seems to be what is happening. I had 1/2 c. of broth last night (in addition to the constant sips of water) and everything must be going down. Tonight I had 1/2 c. of cream of wheat and it went through as well. So I think we're on our way. He's keeping me another day because of that and also because I haven't had as much output as he would like to see.

Just got more morphine. Hope this message is coherant. I'll write again tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

mom- It looks as though we are pretty close; I am 60 and having band to RNY on 1/4/13.

I see you are in Utah; We spent several months this past winter in Nevada and came home the northern route to Michigan through Utah; Went to Zion and Arches and spent several days there. Just beautiful! I live in the middle of a national forest but we do not have mountains but it is very green here (well, not now as it is white!).

I am excited and ready for it to be over. My day is Monday 17th. I am first that morning. I asked my doc about the abdominal binder and said just to tell them in the O R before being put out and they will give me one and put it on me. Dr .Schmitt at St.VincentE Birmingham AL

I am excited and ready for it to be over. My day is Monday 17th. I am first that morning. I asked my doc about the abdominal binder and said just to tell them in the O R before being put out and they will give me one and put it on me. Dr .Schmitt at St.VincentE Birmingham AL

Congrats! My revision is Jan. 24 and I am overly nervous... I wanted to ask the purpose of the binder?

Hi I'm going from the band to gastric on the 21.what is abdominal binder?

Dale continues the tradition of providing enhancements and improvements by introducing its "Fifth Generation" Dale Abdominal Binder. The new pre-paneled stretch material on the Abdominal Binder incorporates an innovative joining stitch that prevents skin from migrating through and between the panels' date=' which may result in skin tears, burns or even scarring. This "gap-free" stitch ensures that the patient will enjoy a complication free recovery. The Velcro closure of the Abdominal Binder can be secured at any point along its circumference, for better patient fit. If you want to encourage earlier ambulation in your patients, enhance their pulmonary function and alleviate incisional pain, specify the new and improved Dale Abdominal Binder.

[/quote']

I am doing band to RNY probably in Feb. I'm waiting on insurance. What tips can you who are done give me? Appreciate the help!