Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got A Date Band To Bypass

today i got a date for surgery dec 6 was not nervus till i got date :D

Day after me, we are twins in a lot of ways, me band to bypass also. I am so happy you got a date. This is great news. Doing a happy dance for you.,

One is having surgery on my birthday 12/7

Jealous jealous jealous!!!! February 11....94 days left!!!! Basically half way there but still seems so far away!!!!

Jealous jealous jealous!!!! February 11....94 days left!!!! Basically half way there but still seems so far away!!!!

me too Feb 6th for me, can't wait to get this band out!

I am band to bypass on no. 26th. Are there successful band bypass folks on this board? Hoping to lose 100 pounds.

me too Feb 6th for me' date=' can't wait to get this band out![/quote']

Woohoo!! I'm at 76 days! (But mine's already out so I feel GREAT!!!!!). You'll have to keep me updated!!!!!

I am band to bypass on no. 26th. Are there successful band bypass folks on this board? Hoping to lose 100 pounds.

I had mine in april. Im down 60lbs. No complaints here. Just dont set your sights too high cuz now im at a stand still. Its tough. And deff not an easy fix.

I got my date, too! Band revised to RNY on December 10. I'm on a 2-week liquid diet now. I'm really nervous, too. All of a sudden it's REAL! Today I had to sign all the forms that discuss all the risks and possible complications--including death, of course. I told my doctor I just signed my life away. He said that they try to put every possible complication on there but that they seldom have serious complications and no one has died yet.

Law, how long was your surgery and recovery? My doc says the surgery may take 3-4 hours because of the band removal and that I will be in the hospital at least two nights and probably can't return to work for 3-4 weeks. Luckily, I work on campus and the campus is pretty shut down after December 17. It will be nice to recover during the holidays.

I'm 63 and am also concerned about my age. Is there anyone as old as I am who has done this revision? I haven't found anyone but I'm just now becoming active on this board (switched from LapBand talk). Good luck everyone!

I was approved todaysurgery 12/11/12 Band to RNY revision I am definitely curious to hear everyones story ! Feels good to "quit the band"

I too am a band to bypass. Mine is Dec 4th. I'm just so scared that this won't work. Would love to hear some success stories!

Lisa :-)

Lisa I truly understand how you feel. I question how much will I lose and will my diabetes and asthma really improve since it didn't with the band, It has taken me seven years to admit that I wish I had had the RNY to begin with. I was so stubborn then thinking I knew so much and that I didn't need anything as "DRASTIC" as RNY and that I was a perfect canidate for the band, But It didn't turn out that way at all. I have not had any complications with the band and I am still glad I have had it. I have gained and lost the same 30 pounds many times and I feel at least the band has kept me from going over 200. And I got close earlier this spring, 194 and i am 4'11". Today preop hoping to have surgery next week, but another medical problem has come up and it may have to be pushed back, I weight 168. So I can lose the weight at least around that 25 or 30 pound mark, but it never stays away and it usually brings friends.

Wishing us both success in our journey.

I'm still having problems with the "DRASTIC" aspect of this surgery, Vicki. Can't I just do this myself? Really, now! But, I never have so why should I think I can now. I'm scheduled for the 10th of December. I don't seem to be able to find a good December 2012 topic--all I can find is a list of dates, which is nice but I'd like to be on a December thread that talks about people's thoughts, fears, successes, complications, etc. I've enjoyed reading the November thread and was hoping for the same thing for December. Guess I'll have to keep looking--there just must be one!

Glad we are all off the bandwagon! Good for us! It's hard to admit that we made a mistake but that's part of the learning curve, right?

Good luck to you all!

I'm still having problems with the "DRASTIC" aspect of this surgery' date=' Vicki. Can't I just do this myself? Really, now! But, I never have so why should I think I can now. I'm scheduled for the 10th of December. I don't seem to be able to find a good December 2012 topic--all I can find is a list of dates, which is nice but I'd like to be on a December thread that talks about people's thoughts, fears, successes, complications, etc. I've enjoyed reading the November thread and was hoping for the same thing for December. Guess I'll have to keep looking--there just must be one!

Glad we are all off the bandwagon! Good for us! It's hard to admit that we made a mistake but that's part of the learning curve, right?

Good luck to you all![/quote']

I think the December page might turn into that once some of us have our surgeries. At least I hope so. Right now I'm struggling with this liquid diet. I just want to chew something! And I'm starving!

Lisa :-)