Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I saw one other thread about loose skin, but only one reply to it, so I would like to ask about it to see if more people will reply. :) I'm scheduling my surgery this morning, it will probably be on the 16th. My surgeon told me that because I'm still young that I shouldn't have any problems with loose skin. Yah, I'm 29 and I guess it's young, but I don't feel like it's young enough to not have to worry about it. Anyone about my age that's already lost a lot? Or anyone else want to share on this topic? Is it weird that I'm worried about this? Maybe it's because I'm 29 and still vain. :D ANYWAY....OH, plus I have strech marks on my stomach, have never had any babies though...strech marks are ugly, I want them gone. :)

I guess that's all for now. :) Thanks!

Its really hard to repdct s going to have excess skin, skin elasticity decreses with age but some people have less elasticity than other anyway. THe more over weight you are the higher the chance of some loose skin too think. As for stretch marks, once you have them they are there for good, they will fade over time but will not dissappear (unless the skin is removed as in a TT)- its a case of weight and see with loose skin and if t happens then perhaps PS is warranted if it bothers you- I certainly would not avoid being banded because I may end up with loose skin but it is a personal choice

I saw one other thread about loose skin, but only one reply to it, so I would like to ask about it to see if more people will reply. :) I'm scheduling my surgery this morning, it will probably be on the 16th. My surgeon told me that because I'm still young that I shouldn't have any problems with loose skin. Yah, I'm 29 and I guess it's young, but I don't feel like it's young enough to not have to worry about it. Anyone about my age that's already lost a lot? Or anyone else want to share on this topic? Is it weird that I'm worried about this? Maybe it's because I'm 29 and still vain. :D ANYWAY....OH, plus I have strech marks on my stomach, have never had any babies though...strech marks are ugly, I want them gone. :)

I guess that's all for now. :) Thanks!

Hello hlayne, my name is Liz and im in the UK, i have had my band 2 years on march 22nd, im at my target now and i do have a lot of loose skin. Im aged 32yrs and i have 1 child, im due to have a Tummy Tuck this year in may, i want this done as a personal choice for me, as the excesive skin isnt just unsightly, but also very uncomftable to which makes it uncomfy to also excercise. You may get away with needing ps with not having children, ive been told that they cant get rid of my stretch marks though, but i dont mind that. Any way thats my experience, i wish u luck in your band journey !

love liz xxxxxx:) :)

Thanks, I'm def still getting banded, but I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky ones, but with my luck, I wont be. I bet plastic surgery is REEEEALLY expensive. ;)

Thanks, I'm def still getting banded, but I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky ones, but with my luck, I wont be. I bet plastic surgery is REEEEALLY expensive. ;)

Im in the UK, its a follow up on our health system for me, im one of the lucky ones it wont be costing me anything, any way good luck with your band journey

from Liz xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What doctors call a "problem with excess skin" and what you call a problem can be two different things too. Looked at it from a medical point of view, I have absolutely no problem with excess skin. Looked at from an aesthetic point of view I could probably do with an inch or two less of it!

But people can be lucky, I think I have been and I"m not as young as you. It depends on so many things - your skin, how fast you lose the weight, but it also depends on where you carried it. I sit on most of mine, I didnt wear it out the front, so I didnt have a big apron before I lost the weight. All those things come into play.

It really is a "face that problem when you come to it" sort of situation.