Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im in the same situation as you both. Im 3 weeks out from surgery and have lost 10 #'s. The scales have not moved since the first post op visit. I started at the gym last night and hope that will give me a boost.

I DO feel the difference in the fit of my pants and bra though- so it seems something is going on.

Patience we will have to be.It helps knowing we are not alone in the journey.

Yes I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm going to try on some pants and see if I notice a difference. I've been wearing sweats since surgery.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RNYTalk

Hello im 6 months out ... Your are definitely going to have some stalls just keep going ... I didnt loose alot right afterx surgery .... Chwck ur inches you will loose that first be encourage and just picture your outcome

We all go through this and way more often then we want. A good idea is to measure yourself all over and when you are not losing you might actually find that you are losing those inches instead. In some ways I now look forward to a week or two stall (ok not totally but I accept them) because I then see the inches drop which does not seem to happen as much when I am losing pounds. It is weird but it seems to work that way for me. I weigh and measure myself the same time every week and the progress over my past almost 5 months has been amazing, but I sure have felt many times that I this stall would never end and I would be the one to fail, but you know what? It did not last and I did not fail!! I am over 2/3rds of the way done at only 5 months out, can I say amazing??? I had a few stalls that lasted a few weeks each time and a few that lasted a week or two, so figure that out- even with all those stalls I am now over 80 pounds lighter and in sizes much smaller. Do not give up.... you will succeed if you just move and eat right following the proper protocols! Good luck! Patience, faith and hard work are the key!

Thank you Ellie_Grace

You words are very encouraging and come at a time they are badly needed.

Your accomplishments in just 8 months amaze me.

cyndi

I am 5 weeks out and I lost quickly the first 2 weeks but really slowed down since then. I also recommend trying on clothes. I went through my closet and found tons of scrubs that fit now - haven't been able to wear them for years. This was a big boost to my confidence!

I'm going to weigh myself Mondays since that is the day of the week that I had my surgery and Fridays for our Friday weigh INS we have in here.

I'm 3 Weeks post op. I haven't loss any weight since week 2. I'm feeling down. What am I doing wrong?

I feel the same way. Gained half a pound

We all go through this and way more often then we want. A good idea is to measure yourself all over and when you are not losing you might actually find that you are losing those inches instead. In some ways I now look forward to a week or two stall (ok not totally but I accept them) because I then see the inches drop which does not seem to happen as much when I am losing pounds. It is weird but it seems to work that way for me. I weigh and measure myself the same time every week and the progress over my past almost 5 months has been amazing' date=' but I sure have felt many times that I this stall would never end and I would be the one to fail, but you know what? It did not last and I did not fail!! I am over 2/3rds of the way done at only 5 months out, can I say amazing??? I had a few stalls that lasted a few weeks each time and a few that lasted a week or two, so figure that out- even with all those stalls I am now over 80 pounds lighter and in sizes much smaller. Do not give up.... you will succeed if you just move and eat right following the proper protocols! Good luck! Patience, faith and hard work are the key![/quote']

Its funny when I wake up feeling slim I haven't lost weight. Its like it can't do both at once lol!

I'm 3 Weeks post op. I haven't loss any weight since week 2. I'm feeling down. What am I doing wrong?

Im having the same problem :(

I gained almost 2 pounds this week. Basically, I ate 1/4 cup rice with a meal. I also have not been able to exercise in over a week. I'm so scared of going backwards so I have to do better this week. I can do it!!! Trying to tell myself.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Im having the same problem :(

That makes 3 of us.... I am noticing a slight difference in my face and the way some of my clothes fit..... But I do realize this didn't happen over night an just have to be patient :-)

That makes 3 of us.... I am noticing a slight difference in my face and the way some of my clothes fit..... But I do realize this didn't happen over night an just have to be patient :-)

Ya today hasnt been a good day for me :(

I weighed myself this morning and after the fluctuation and stall for past week, finally down a couple pounds again. Making total weight loss 18lbs. Dos 10-18-12....

I weighed myself this morning and after the fluctuation and stall for past week' date=' finally down a couple pounds again. Making total weight loss 18lbs. Dos 10-18-12....[/quote']

Good for u gurl :) ya my scale looked better today as well lol

My doctor warned me this would happen in weeks 3 and 4. So i would not freak out. Might want to call the doc office to make sure this is what happening.