Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have 2 tatoos on my ankles. I got one with my daughter, a butterfly, to mark her transition into adulthood and my transition into empty nester. My hubby has 8 and he said that the ones where the skin is closest to bone hurt the worst...like around collar bone.

I LOVE the idea of the vines with flowers to cover the scars from reconstruction surgery. I have been wanting to do roses for my grandmother so a rose vine would be very pretty. I am still preop but I have a lot of stretch marks on my chest and tummy. I have read that if you have a lot of stretch marks and are older (Im 46) you will most likely have hanging skin. So, I am hoping my home biz takes off enough to afford the cosmetic surgery after.

From somebody that has spent 50-75 hours sitting in a tattoo chair having a sleeve done pleas don't be in a rich to get that back or side tattoo till you see how much hanging skin you will have.and if you are planning on plastic surgery you may want to wait till after that surgery and use the tattoo to cover the scar.

Just my thoughts.

this just the lower half of my left arm

The last pic is the start of the upper half of my left arm a work in progress

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

post-17912-13813810644622_thumb.jpg

post-17912-13813810645088_thumb.jpg

I was diagnosed with pcos after I gained almost 100 pounds. I worked ouT like crazy. I set a goal that once I could see my ribs I would get my side tattooed. I did it. Two pregnancies and a car accident later the weight is back. Now its not really on my side lol. When this weight comes off I'm getting it redone lol.

I have one on my calf, but I want one on my back. I think that is a sexy place for one. My back doesn't look too bad, but I want to wait to see if I need any surgery on my stomach and sides (skin).

I have a good amount of ratios. One thing that sucks is some artists won't tat over stretch marks

I have a good amount of ratios. One thing that sucks is some artists won't tat over stretch marks

Really???!!!

Yeah the artist kept complaining when he tattooed my side he had to work around my stretch marks it sucked

Its my understanding that real tattoo artist don't like to tattoo over scars Becuse they are more tender than normal skin and some people can't take the pain.

Those are the words from my tattoo guy I'm getting filler work done today and ask that question. His words if your tattoo artist won't tattoo your scar find a better tattoo artist. One that won't tattoo you if your under the influence of drugs or alchol or just had any major surgery. My guy made me wait 10 weeks befor he would touch me.

He's not saying your guys bad just no reson not to tattoo over scars it has been done for 100 of years to cover up scars.

Yeah in the end it almost highlighted my scares I'm going to have it redone and filled in by someone else when I hit my goal

you need to wait a while for the scar to heal properly - my artist say about 6 months properly, otherwise it scars up again and the ink can either blur or be rejected. my skin seems to reject white ink no matter what so gonna have to have that redone post op... one of my tats is my profile pic! I just love getting work done and would love one around my side once I am smaller/post skin tightening op. I think its a great idea. because I LOOOOVE getting inked. love love love love love

Not everyone skin can hold white it's best to have a test spot done. If It won't hold you can have it filled in later with some other color.my self my skin holds white. But I have a allergy to red vegetable ink I can use it but it takes longer to heal. I have two scars on my left arm that why I got my sleeve done on the left arm ,and so far no problem with color holding on my scars. I would say it was more tender but was worth the pain.

I have been wanting this back piece for some time now but felt that I was too heavy to get it. I have 11 tattoos already and think I might have to have a few touched up once the weight comes off. I always choose a place that wouldn't be too affected if I did lose the weight. I don't think that I could handle one on my stomach....I barely lasted through my leg piece. I do think that memorializing your new you is a great idea. I do have one on my right inner ankle that I would love to cover with something and maybe once I reach my weight lose goal that might be something to look into. Some are a butterfly, a Celtic cross memorializing my brother, flowers, Chinese symbol meaning "inner strength" on my ankle, a heart over my heart, and even a rose bush with my niece name on my left leg......they all mean something so the one I get will mean a whole lot. I have a while and I know that something will draw my eye and I'll know that's the one for me to remember this journey.

I love that idea too. I'm always looking to add something. I always wanted my arm but they were to fat to do it. Lol. Maybe after surgary...

I was def thinking butterfly just haven't found any big enough or to catch my eye I wish I knew a good artist to draw me up a big one

I know a great artist! And a tattoo artist! My son-in-law! I'm not fond of the tats myself, but I will say he has done some beautiful ones! However, we are in N. Wisconsin!!

I'll talk to him & see if he has time to draw you a pic.... What size area? And what do you want in it?

;-)

Dawn

I have read that if you have a lot of stretch marks and are older (Im 46) you will most likely have hanging skin.

First off, 46 is NOT "older". ;-) I'm 48!

Second, I have a coworker who had the RNY surgery years ago & swears by wearing those spandex tanks... It "holds in what gravity wants to pull down".

Drink plenty of Water & exercise.. I think you will be surprised... 'You older one you!'

LOL

Dawn