Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Endocronoligist Made Me Nervous Today

So I had to go see my endocronologist today. i needed my letter of support for the clinic that is doing the surgery. My endo is the one who helped me get my diabetes under control. and he is also the one who refered me to this clinic, so he starts by telling me he is afraid for me and am i sure this is the only way to go? that maybe we can do drugs or something? I was like no, I have been through so much already. I do not want to take diet pills. he said you must underrstand this is a no joke surgery, it is very serious, and told me after the surgery i could develope hypoglycemia, and my sugars could run low especially if i take in carbs, I had to reassure him that I am reading everything, I am in 3 different support groups. I feel I am ready for the next chapter in my life, so he agreed, told me to come see him after surgery and they will keep me in their prayers. Ok so now how scary is that?

Don't be scared.... I know... easier said than done !! I had my thyroid removed 20+ years ago and developed a weight problem ever since my thyroid went nuts. Anyway.... They do not have a clue as to how "YOU:" feel and your surgeon will keep you in the best of health. They run so many tests before suregery because they will not operate on you unless you pass all the required tests. You will be fine... thousands and thousands of people have this surgery on a daily basis.. insurance companies would not pay for it if it was not necessary believe me.. because ins. co. do not spend one red cent if it is not necessary !!!!.. this is a tool to help you get to healthy... its not easy but it is well, well worth it. You have to work with it to be successful.

thank you, also i have read in places people went to cardiologist before surgery to make sure they are ok. the only thing this clinic had me do was an ekg, and chest xray and blood work, is that good enough?

thank you, also i have read in places people went to cardiologist before surgery to make sure they are ok. the only thing this clinic had me do was an ekg, and chest xray and blood work, is that good enough?

Each surgeon has their own tests they want you to have. Since I am over 50 and never had a colonoscoopy he made me have one along with my endoscopy. My surgeon also thought I may have sleep apena so I had to go to a pulmonosgist for a sleep/breathing test. He also wanted to know if I was current with my mamo's and yearly gyno exams, I was/am current so he did not have that on my check list. I had a ekg, chest x-ray and blood work as my pre-admin. testing at the hospital. I insisted on the chest x-ray because I smoked and wanted to know everything was OK.

Do you have to have a colonoscopy or endoscopy done?

Yes i am current on mamograms, had my coloscopy done last november and just had the endoscopy done, I havent smoked in 10 years. trying to get back on the cpap since they do require it. had sleep study a few years ago, but didnt feel it was done right since i hardly slept during it but yet they said i had sleep apnea. oh well what ever has to be done. i keep current on everything. everything should be about done for the surgery, just waiting now for pre op visit. already went to the seminar and my first appt where they gave me Protein Shakes and Vitamins and Calcium to start taking.

I haven't had the EKG or chest X-ray. They might be part of my pre op? Done all the others. I just don't want to diet ever again. I will eat for my pouch only.