Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Op- So Painful

im still in hospital, i had surgery oct 3 and let me tell you its the most painful experience of my life. Nothing i read prepared me for the physical pain that followed. I woke up after 3 hrs of surgery in extreme abdominal pain, i have a high tolerance for pain, but this pain was so debilitating, so out of this world. I also woke up unable to breath, like my lungs werent able to function, i had so much morphone pumped into me that all i did was sleep. That first night they wanted me to walk , thats impossible when your pumped with so much painkillers that u dont know who you are. After much convincing i took 4 steps and just about fainted/ vomited. i cannot keep emphazising. the pain. For two days the tried to get me to walk, impossible as i could brealy breath on my own, alot of flem came out of my lungs after a while. the want me to sip, its impossible because i take a sip of gataroda and im about ready to vomit. I cannot stand the smell or look of food... its day 3 and im trying to walk but gas pains are unbearable i begged for gasx..... im feeling a little better but there is no way im ready to go home. Mind you i m at the fanciest hospital in new york city and with all that ive still had complications. Im only 100 lbs overweight and very healthy before surgery. only 3 day clear liquid diet. im in so much pain, i hope/ pray i get better... srry for typing errors im in hosp on pain meds. cornell med center, and before i forget to mention my less than supportative husband has Not visited me once in hospital.... unreal

im so sorry you are in so much pain i hope you start feeling better soon ^_^ what hospital in nyc you did it im from ny

im so sorry you are in so much pain i hope you start feeling better soon ^_^ what hospital in nyc you did it im from ny

cornell

If i could twitch my nose and be there beside you I would. So sorry for your pain. I pray, really pray that it lets up soon. I don't know what to say to help. Just know I care and wishing you healing and comfort quickly.

cornell

Oh no Mizzlaw! First of all, BREATH! Let me start by saying unsupportive husband = asshole!! Sorry but that's the truth. So now that we know your own you own, let's take a step back and reassess. I had my surgery whilst going through a divorce, thankfully my soon to be x husband is still my BFF!!

As of right now, how are you?

How is your pain level?

Did you get some gas-x or gas relief at all??

Please feel free to PM me for a private conversation. You will get through this....just go slow and take one baby step at a time.

Please message me and I'll help on any way I can. Ok.

It's ok, you can do this, there is nothing wrong with reaching out to others, this was a new experience for every one of us. It's totally ok to feel out of sorts.

it will get better! you will be happy you did this! grin and bear it, totally worthwhile. once again, sorry your married to an ass.im 5 weeks out and totally happy! hope time flies for you!

Out of all the classes they have us go through, NONE focus on the pain! I really think there should be a passion management class for us! It does get better. It may still get worse for a little bit! I think the gas pains are brutal! We are all here for you so hang in there!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

You sound exactly like I did. On day 2 I was in tears saying what did I do this for? Why did I do this to myself? I too couldn't walk much and didn't drink a thing while there. I just walked and slept, but 3rd day I felt ok and everyday after was easier. I know right now you can't believe that. But it does... Most importantly, BREATH and take it.minute by minute and use the pain meds!!!

So sorry your husband isn't by your side. Praying for your recovery and overall well being. You can do this!

Surgery 7/25/12

Oh my! So sorry to hear that you're in pain and have lack of a support system from your husband! Look, just focus on you and know that at the end of it all its worth going through...the light at the end of the tunnel is not too far! Best of luck!

I hope it gets better. Can you ask for dilaudid? My nurses mixed my dilaudid (pain med) with my zofran (nausea med). It works. I didn't have any pain other than gas pain or nausea, though. It was great for sleep, though.

This is me! I was the same way. But all I cansay is that it does get better! It may not seem like it now, and after I had two infections and had to get an incision reopened to drain again. I felt great afterwards. My first major relief was when they pulled the drain. Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I pray it is easier on you today!! Hope you have a speedy recovery and just know we are here for you

hoping this late night finds you resting comfortably. Gentle Hugs for a better tomorrow.

hoping this late night finds you resting comfortably. Gentle Hugs for a better tomorrow.

It really does get a lil better each day. You can do this! Noone prepares you for the pain you feel and how hard it is to move at all. Maybe being at home will relax you some and you will be more comfy. I know I was.