Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major WooHoo!!!

Yeah! As of this week I've lost 102 pounds!:rolleyes: I'm so happy. I just got the band last December and never expected the loss to be so quick or so easy. I had in my head that I would be happy losing 50 to 60 pounds a year but I guess my body had other plans. The max fill I've ever had is 2.1 cc and we just took out 1 cc this week. I want to lose the last 20 pounds slowly with exercise and Portion Control (with the help of my band of course). I'm down from a size 22-24 to a 12 and in mediums :rolleyes: .

We are going to a wedding this weekend so hopefully next week I will post before and now pictures.

If I never lose another pound I will be OK. I will admit I did see a therapist this week to help me with head issues I'm having.

I haven't been this low since my son was born and that was 21 years ago. I haven't tried on my wedding dress yet but will wait till our anniversary for that.

And I hope to see some of you in Vegas in October, I can't wait.

Carol

Dr. McKeen 12/29/03

269/167/145

Carol, that is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to your pics. What are some "tips" that you've learned along the way?:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Wow, Carol, that's phenomenal!! Congratulations on such amazing success!!

And it's really good to hear that it's been "easy" from your point of view. I hope the future holds more of the same. :rolleyes:

That is absolutely incredible!!!

Sincere and whole hearted congrats!!!

You deserve this happiness, you've worked hard to get it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Way to go!! I'm jealous. :rolleyes: lol I can't imagine getting into Mediums, but I know it's possible with this band. I'll be following behind you!! Awesome news!!

that is sooo wonderful BIG WOOO-HOOO to you! can't wait till i get there!

You all are wonderful. I think I owe most of the thanks to my doctor and to my hubby. My surgeon is wonderful. And yes, I've had some PBing but very little, had too much of a fill that some had to be removed, and also had my gall bladder out during that time. But my surgeon is one who wants to see you once a month, listens to what you have to say about your eating, etc., and even came in on his day off to check under fluoro if I was having a problem (ended up gall bladder and he actually did the surgery for that too). My hubby has been my best support and I was actually afraid to tell him until two days before my surgery (I had told him I had ovary problems and needed minor surgery). I finally couldn't live with myself and told the truth and just said I was afraid he wouldn't be supportive. He was just the opposite once he watched the video and the surgeon showed him what would be happening.

Any tips, gosh that is hard because most of my help came from lurking on the boards. I do Water aerobics three times a week and walk 2-3 miles 2-3x/wk. Breakfast is usually one egg and one link of sausage, lunch is usually half cup of tuna/chicken or egg salad and dinner is meat and veggies. But I do occasionally have a glass of wine or a margarita and will have a bite or two of dessert if I know it will be worth the calories. I try not to snack but always have beef Jerky on hand. And now with summer I will have a little ice cream once in a while. We do go out to eat quite a bit as we tend to be very social and my hubby just comments that he never leaves a restaurant hungry anymore because he usually gets almost 2 full meals (and he has never had a weight problem).

Thanks again for all the kudos.

Carol

Wow Carol... you have worked hard for your success!!!! Congratulations!

Darcy

:rolleyes: Carol

I'm sooo Happy for you!

When I met Carol the first time she was about 2 weeks post-op. Then a few weeks ago we met for lunch and I could'nt believe how good she looks, she even looks younger.

Yes, Carol post some pic's

Congratulations again

I'll see you on the 21st for the baybandsters bash:banana :banana :banana :banana

Carol..looking at your starting wegiht , were started at almost the same weight. After reading your tips on Water aerobics and what you eat..I have lots of hope I will be as successful as you. I do the Water aerobics every night in my pool, I just got out of the pool after 30 minutes of aerobics.I have all the gadgets to do it with my best friend is a wter aerobics instructor and has given me many exercises to do as well as helpful web sites on it.... and I eat almost exactly what you do everyday minus the alcohol, I have yet to drink since being banded. I have had a couple bites of ice cream since banding though . Thanks for your post, you have inspired me!! :rolleyes:

You have done an awesome job and you desreve lots of praise!

Please post some pics if you have them!

Thanks again, all of you. I appreciate all the support! Hubby is cropping the photos today and I will try to get them up tomorrow.

Bless all you -- hugs and kisses

Carol