Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have wanted to get healthier and active and thinner my whole life. I haven't been able to on my own and I really want this surgery and have scheduled it for December but I'm having this inner battle and it's driving me insane.

I keep tellin myself the end goal will be so worth it and I will feel so much better with a lot of my life's demands and daily life. But on the other hand I feel like I'm giving up a lot of what I have been doin for so long I will be sad after surgery not being able to. I know it sounds dumb cause this is the change part to make this weight loss happen but I guess I'm just scared about the future. I'm young and I don't wanna give certain things up but I know if I don't it will lead to even worse things. Advice/comments are extremely appreciated!!!!

You won't have to give everything up. This surgery is a tool not a morocal worker but it teaches you how to retrain yourself to moderation instead of indolence. And it really is worth it in the long run. I hope the best for you.

I have wanted to get healthier and active and thinner my whole life. I haven't been able to on my own and I really want this surgery and have scheduled it for December but I'm having this inner battle and it's driving me insane.

I keep tellin myself the end goal will be so worth it and I will feel so much better with a lot of my life's demands and daily life. But on the other hand I feel like I'm giving up a lot of what I have been doin for so long I will be sad after surgery not being able to. I know it sounds dumb cause this is the change part to make this weight loss happen but I guess I'm just scared about the future. I'm young and I don't wanna give certain things up but I know if I don't it will lead to even worse things. Advice/comments are extremely appreciated!!!!

You won't have to give everything up. This surgery is a tool not a morocal worker but it teaches you how to retrain yourself to moderation instead of indolence. And it really is worth it in the long run. I hope the best for you.

That was suppose to say mirrical worker lol

As a person who battled my thoughts on wls I can tell you its not easy because if you're like me you are probably convincing yourself you can really do it if you try... I wasn't ready to give up anything in the last 2 years: soda, bread, fast food, Starbucks you name it! But looking back its not forever and I don't even want them right now so I don't feel deprived. I feel better I have energy and I was in so much denial about real weight loss.

Good luck and get your thoughts on paper! On paper you can put action to your fears! :)

Surgery 7/25/12

Your not losing anything!! You will be gaining self confidence, energy, a longer healthier life!! And you will still later in have that stuff but only in moderation. And I bet once you see the new you, you will not want to go back!!

Half of this battle is between our ears, not in our tummies. You are on the right track and you have to just convince yourself that you're not giving up things forever... just while you lose. Then you just have to maintain. Think of it like this: while you're losing, it is a great tool so that you can diet hard without hunger. After you've lost it, you just eat "in miniature." Hope that helps.

Half of this battle is between our ears' date=' not in our tummies. You are on the right track and you have to just convince yourself that you're not giving up things forever... just while you lose. Then you just have to maintain. Think of it like this: while you're losing, it is a great tool so that you can diet hard without hunger. After you've lost it, you just eat "in miniature." Hope that helps.[/quote']

It does, thank you!

I gave up soda a couple months ago and it's been alright I actually prefer Water now and lost 11 lbs since then lol.

I would say to listen to your inner voice as it will always tell you what is right. Many of us have a breaking point and when we reach that our minds are made up. For me it was when I could no longer clean personal areas effectively in the shower. I had been thinking of wls for sometime, but when that happened my mind was made up. I will say many of us go through a time after the surgery where we regret the decision to have this done. Please always remember that we all go through it and we all make it through it. Always keep your goal in mind!! You will be able to eat the things you miss in time, just a smaller amount!!!

I have never been a soda drinker thank goodness but coffee oh boy. I have been trying but it is one thing that helps curb my appetite and I can't afford to gain any right now. I have been drinking half regular and then I will fix a pot of Decaf so I am trying

I'm not sure I will miss much if anything except my pasta! I don't know what to cook without it lol im not a snacker, I hardly have candy or anything like that. I gave up soda, now I have to work on that and I know with surgery It will help big time with Portion Control and not sure if I will be able to have Pasta again but there are alternatives too. I know my mind is made up on having the surgery but this is my mind saying yet again I can't do this and I can't lose weight. I can't wrap my mind around a different lifestyle other than the one I have but I welcome th changes that surgery bring. I go over the food I can have after and am scared I won't be getting enough Protein and Water in and what to eat planned out because I need to have a plan now or I'll be so stressed later lol. At my psych eval she basically all but diagnosed me with add so I have to see my doctor about getting medicated and such. So much to do, gotta make another list lol.

I'm nervous. Not about the surgery itself buy what it brings. I wish I could see in the future and see that it will be ok so I'm not freaking out about it now lol

Hmm well I haven't tried it but my grandma used it a lot instead of noodles in spaghetti. Spaghetti squash. I guess the insides are like spaghetti noodles.

I went through this as well. I was super excited about the end result but truthfully frightened at the journey ahead. I had a wonderful support system though. At first I battled head hunger and would smell their "regular" food and then look at my "new pouch" food. However, you will not be as hungry and that feeling does leave. I also found a hobby that kept me busy when those feelings crept up. I started researching and writing out healthy recipes of the foods I used to eat and found lots of great substitutions. It was a stress reliever for me. And helped me. Also prayer...I prayed for strength and the Lord always provided the help I needed. And you will not have to give up everything. If there's something I want...minus sweets or anything that could cause dumping...I eat a very small portion...but always eat Protein first. This was by far my easiest surgery and the best decision I could've made for myself. I'd recommend it to anyone that needs to loose weight that cannot do it alone or has health issues. What looks scary now will actually turn out to be a wonderful blessing! Just hang in there and do your best and think about the results during this journey and where you want to get too. My surgery was 1 year ago and I've lost 100 lbs! I wouldn't change a thing. You'll learn a lot during this process. I sure did! Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear about your success cause it's coming! ;)

I'm almost 4 months & I can eat the bad food & I don't want to eat it,but I notice (this is not an every day thing) I had about 3 slice of pizza since surgery 1 each and it wasn't the entire slice but I enjoy it with my family but I avoid it at all counts. Before I could have 2-3 slices in one setting plus about 4 cups of soda. So this is a tool don't over eat or continue to eat junk food on a daily basic & you will feel great. I haven't gain any weight back. I'm at stall but only need 24 more pounds to go.

I went through this as well. I was super excited about the end result but truthfully frightened at the journey ahead. I had a wonderful support system though. At first I battled head hunger and would smell their "regular" food and then look at my "new pouch" food. However' date=' you will not be as hungry and that feeling does leave. I also found a hobby that kept me busy when those feelings crept up. I started researching and writing out healthy recipes of the foods I used to eat and found lots of great substitutions. It was a stress reliever for me. And helped me. Also prayer...I prayed for strength and the Lord always provided the help I needed. And you will not have to give up everything. If there's something I want...minus sweets or anything that could cause dumping...I eat a very small portion...but always eat Protein first. This was by far my easiest surgery and the best decision I could've made for myself. I'd recommend it to anyone that needs to loose weight that cannot do it alone or has health issues. What looks scary now will actually turn out to be a wonderful blessing! Just hang in there and do your best and think about the results during this journey and where you want to get too. My surgery was 1 year ago and I've lost 100 lbs! I wouldn't change a thing. You'll learn a lot during this process. I sure did! Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear about your success cause it's coming! ;)[/quote']

Thank you :) that really helps, I am so happy to be on here and have such a great team of people that have been through this and can help me when I feel like I can't do it. THANKS GUYS! :)