Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet Dr Pepper

I hadn't even planned to drink Sosa ever again. I was out with my kids & was dieing of thirst. My dad had a drink on ice & handed it to me. I drank it not even asking what it was. It tasted sooooo good I drank more than I should have. I didn't dump either which I wish I had because then the temptation would be eliminated.

New Life Started 07/24/12

I wish I had dumped or gotten a little sick then I wouldn't have wanted it anymore. I thought when I had made it almost 7 weeks without one I was home free.

I had the same problem but with Diet Pepsi Lime !!!! I was totally addicted' date=' I drank 6 -8 cans of it a day !!! I do not drink coffee or tea just diet pepsi lime. I went cold turkey after surgery, I tasted it about a month ago and it tasted discusting to me, I totally lost my taste for it. My doctor also says NO SODA due to the carbonation, they did not say it stretches the pouch just that its has too much carbonation. And that is what I like in drinks the fizz !!!! I can only have a few sips of soda every now and then and it is usually diet ginger ale. I am soooooo glad I lost the taste for the diet pepsi lime because it made me kick my soda addiction !!!! Good luck, I know where you are coming from -- it is difficult !!!![/quote']

It is so hard to stop. I wish I had never taken that 1st sip again. I don't want to fall back into all my bad habits. Thanks for listening and helping me out.

I was that way with Pepsi before I quit soda. I tried it once after my surgery and it was disgusting! Uck! How did I ever like that stuff? Dr. Pepper now' date=' that's a different story. I have gone as much as 2 years without soda and tasted it & it is so good. Yum! I will say its much easier to resist now than it was pre surgery. I have had so much trouble with vomiting since surgery that before I ingest anything I ask myself if its worth it. The answer is usually no.

New Life Started 07/24/12[/quote']

Before surgery I had at least 2 cans or bottles of diet dr pepper daily. On the weekends i had a cam with every meal. So my addiction is much better now. I am proud of the positive changes I have made since surgery like getting my required Protein and Water in. Ive upped the intensity and frequency of my workouts. I know I'm moving in the right direction. Just have to try to cut back until I give up diet dr pepper again. Hopefully this time for good. Thanks for listening and giving advice.

I'm trying to kick it but had half a diet dr pepper today when my nerves got bad at work.