Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Dates

Sorry for not updating soon! I've been kind of out of it. I'm doing good.. the pain is tolerable. They took me off morphine a few hours ago. I am took my third walk about an hour ago.. about to take another one. They say I might get to go home tomorrow. I even got motivated enough to straighten my hair. I am so ready for my new life! Congrad everyone!

No bypass for me just yet my band and the tissue around it turned out to be infected so the took out the band but my stomach has to heal for about 2.5-3months before I can have the gastric bypass surgery

Aww sorry to hear this but....of course there is always a but....you will be healed and better for having to wait a couple months and you will have a safer surgery and outcome

Good luck with it!!! I want to start one in which I have tried and I think I.can do one now but last time

I was at doctor they said strictly stay in my 1500 calories and not to go below it but in same breath lose 10 pounds LOL and I can't even lose 1 pound on 1500 calories.

Good luck with it!!! I want to start one in which I have tried and I think I.can do one now but last time

I was at doctor they said strictly stay in my 1500 calories and not to go below it but in same breath lose 10 pounds LOL and I can't even lose 1 pound on 1500 calories.

Yeah 3500 calories to burn to lose 1 lb sucks lol

So to lose I need to burn 3500 a day? And stay eating 1500 calories?

Preop diet started today. Not to bad since I can hardly smell or taste anything!

Preop diet started today. Not to bad since I can hardly smell or taste anything!

Is it the liquid diet or Optifast?

Just checking in, it has been 8 days since surgery and I'm just laying low at home. I had my belly button incision leaking clear liquid with blood in in it a couple says ago but I just kept putting toilet paper over it until it stopped a few hours later. It's been fine ever since. I am no longer taking pain meds and have gone out shopping and to a movie this week.

I am moving slowly and cautiously but it really just feels tight and sore. I have had no problems getting my fluids in so far and all seems to be going well.

I hope everyone else is doing just as well!

Good luck to all :)

Just checking in' date=' it has been 8 days since surgery and I'm just laying low at home. I had my belly button incision leaking clear liquid with blood in in it a couple says ago but I just kept putting toilet paper over it until it stopped a few hours later. It's been fine ever since. I am no longer taking pain meds and have gone out shopping and to a movie this week.

I am moving slowly and cautiously but it really just feels tight and sore. I have had no problems getting my fluids in so far and all seems to be going well.

I hope everyone else is doing just as well!

Good luck to all :)[/quote']

Glad to hear from you stranger!! Its good to see you are doing well and healing well.

Hi everyone. 8 days post surgery and I'm feeling blue. I feel like I'm missing out on some good food and getting depressed on these Protein Shakes. Pain is almost gone and I have post surgery appt fri. I really miss smoking too. But I know smoking is so harmful at this stage. I need to get myself some positive things to do. I should be feeling blessed not blue, right?

Hi everyone. 8 days post surgery and I'm feeling blue. I feel like I'm missing out on some good food and getting depressed on these Protein Shakes. Pain is almost gone and I have post surgery appt fri. I really miss smoking too. But I know smoking is so harmful at this stage. I need to get myself some positive things to do. I should be feeling blessed not blue' date=' right?[/quote']

It is very normal to feel this way after surgery. It is a whole new way of life and so many changes. One we use food as comfort and two smoking was my stress reliever and my food suppressant for years. It will take time to adjust to these changes and it does help if you.can focus on other things but just note this surgery in itself can cause depression because of the release of hormones in the fat as we lose weight. If you find it gets worst or just isn't better talk to your doctor and they can help. I hope it gets easier on you soon

Getting ready for surgery at 9:15 today

[ATTACH]1451[/ATTACH]