Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Before Chicken?

K so my house has always been a chicken house my question for you folks is how long out did you try chicken and how did it go? Did you cut it up etc. this EXCLUDES canned chicken because that goes just fine. Thanks for your input all :)

Surgiversary 07/24/12 Sent from my iPhone.

I had chicken on day 9 post op and did just fine. Make sure it is leg or thigh as both are moist and not as dry as breast and wing.

surgery date: 7/30/12

For a quick dinner I did one of those microwavable breasts in gravy (like Tyson or Hormel and yes I know they are terrible for you!) at 3-4 weeks and had no problems whatsoever. Just shredded it and kept it moist. I think a rotisserie chicken would go down well to because it is moist. I like shredding it - feels like you are eating more and it's easier to take smaller bites.

Good luck!

For some reason I can't eat chicken. After trying several times...I just gave up :( It was moist but just doesn't work. Hope it works for you. Chicken was about the only meat I ate before the surgery so I'm being forced to try new things!

chicken went down all right but sat heavy

For some reason I can't eat chicken. After trying several times...I just gave up :( It was moist but just doesn't work. Hope it works for you. chicken was about the only meat I ate before the surgery so I'm being forced to try new things!

I can't eat chicken. It was after 1 month I try it out. I did have a few bites from Boston market last week when I took my kids out with some gravy & it went down fine.

The only chicken I can eat is the rotisserie chicken from the deli at Walmart. It seems most enough. Its the one thing I didnt think I would have such a problem with but chicken breast I cook for my family just dont work for me. It was about month 2 for me that I could tolerate the rotisserie kind.

Try cooking it in a slow cooker. The moister the better. I have a problem with canned tuna,

Try braising boneless skinless chicken thighs...moist, yummy, full of protein!

I haven't had any problem with chicken. I've even had a couple pieces of fried. #7wks out

I haven't had any problem with chicken. I've even had a couple pieces of fried. #7wks out

I try fried it was the worst feeling. I thought I was dying seriously.

I just tried Tyson chicken breast tenderloin strips on the grill both yesterday and today and it went down fine, but I felt full after trying 1 ounce with gravey to keep moist. Today is my 1 month surgiversary.