Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking for.............

Anyone in the northland go to the 24hr fitness on englewood road, just looking for a possible gym buddy. I am 26 and i was banded aug 24 06 but dident see results untill my 3rd fill. Down 20lbs. :) Had a 4th fill 2months ago and as of 3/21:) down 30. Rachel

Where is there a 24 hour fitness there?

Oh! Is that the one in the corner, kind of between Hy-Vee and Gordman's? Is that a 24 fitness??

Hmm - that's not my gym, but if so, it's great to know there's on there, very close to work. :)

Hi Wheestin, your talking about the right place its only been there for like two years I enjoy it more than curves and any classes you decide to take are not extra$. They also let you try it for two weeks free. Rachel:biggrin1:

Hey, I'm in the northland, and I'll be getting banded on the 14th of Feb. I can't wait! I may get in touch with you. I'm 25, and will be needing a buddy when my body is ready. I'll keep in touch.

Congrats on your surgery approval and your getting banded on valentines day, Wow! Well just let me know when you are ready. I dont know if you have kids but if so they have a daycare no extra cost. See you soon and good luck with surgery. Rachel:)

Hi Fellow Northlander! I am not even close to being Gym ready but always ready to be supportive to another person trying to improve their health and life. Maybe we can get a support group going of Northland banders!

I don't get banded until 3-26-07 but am really ready for the change.

Good luck!

Hey, I'm in the northland, and I'll be getting banded on the 14th of Feb. I can't wait! I may get in touch with you. I'm 25, and will be needing a buddy when my body is ready. I'll keep in touch.
;):) :clap2:

Hi mellove, i have not been online in a while but i just wanted to know how you are doing and how surgery went and when will you get your first fill. So are you ready to drop the pounds and get excited about shopping. I ll see you around and hope everything is just great for you. Hope to see you soon:p . Rachel

I have not been on in a while, but congrats on surgery and its just right around the corner:faint: . Are you excited? I think a evenig support group would be an excellent idea. I cant go to dr mallys because i work 7-3 and the weekends. his are held on sats. in the mornig. Good luck with sugery , hope to hear from you. rachel

just wanted to say hi to all fellow northlanders! I live in gladstone and was banded by Dr. Malley 12/29/04. Love to meet with you, there seems to be a lot of us around.

can't afford gym memberships (husband out of work) at the present, but would love to meet at oak grove park or oak park high track and walk if anyone interested.

I really like the idea of getting a northlander support group together. Maybe we could meet one evening a month for an hour or so to chat and share experiences both good and bad. Not sure where we could meet-anyone have a clubhouse or meeting room they can use? During nice weather we could maybe meet at the park behind Oak PArk High school?

I really like the idea of having a Northland support group. We could even go bowling on a saturday or sunday. What I learned from my psy evaluation is that she told me the key thing is to have a really good support group.

I am a fellow northlander and was banded on March 15 by Dr. Malley. I have no regrets. Love every second of it. I have lost 22 pounds so far and looking forward to many more.

I agree that a support group north of the river is a great idea. I know that Dr Malleys office has support group meetings the second Saturday of every month. It is open to the public, anyone that has been or is considering being banded can attended.

weight.png

Hey, I'm a newbie - haven't even had my consultation yet!! But I know my insurence will cover the band and I can't WAIT!!

I would love to meet other Northlanders and kep in touch. Le me know whats going on with this!

szn0512@yahoo.com

Hello Northlanders!! I live in Kearney and had my surgery done by Dr.Hoehn at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. I do go to the support groups that they have once a month but it is such a long drive. Don't get me wrong I love the support group but don't always want to drive the distance. I had my surgery done on 2/13/07 and have lost 56lbs as of last weeks weigh in.

Hope to make new friends on here that are close.

Hey everyone! I just found this blog and I am a fellow northlander too. I live in Richmond, MO and I am being banding on Nov. 18th by Dr. Malley. If you do have a support group I would love to get the information. I would love to talk with/meet some fellow banders a littler closer to home.

Let me know!

PS: Any banders who had Dr. Malley as a surgeron please let me know what you think of him and his staff? Did you have a great experience? ETC!

Thanks!

lego