Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery yesterday and besides feeling ill for 2 hours and slight soreness until that night I have felt completely fine. No gas pain at all. Didn't even use my pain pump because I didn't need it... I'm not even sore anymore. I started walking 3 hours before they expected (they even told me to stop because they have never seen someone willing to walk without being told to and they were worried I was pushing it). I just feel like an oddball because the other patients here don't want to do anything... And all they do is complain about the gas pain.

Is this the calm before the storm or am I just blessed? I'm having this sinking feeling like something is just waiting behind the next corner to bring me to my knees.

Take your good fortune and WALK with it!

Pain is very personal as a labor and delivery nurse I have seen a cesarean section hop out of bed and walk to the bathroom with No pain meds and a vaginal uncomplicated birth need pain meds every four hours. Congrats and just be mindful and aware of any pain starting I teach my patients to use the pain scale for themselves. 0 to 10 0 is no pain 5 is the point where you can not rest due to the discomfort and 10 is complete agony. If you FEEL under 5 your ok when your level rises medicate it so your not going above the 5. This will allow you toove and rest and heal. Good luck and continued good healing!

Thank goodness you arent in pain! Go with it!! Congrats!

I never had a pain pump and I was up and walking in a couple of hours. Never used any pain meds for pain issues at all. No issues at all so count yourself lucky and enjoy it! I have had a totally wonderful and amazing journey so far. I do feel bad for those who have a tough time because that is never pleasant.

I was ask by hospital staff to stop wondering the halls. They even come looking for me 3 times. I used the pain pump at bed time to help me sleep which I don't do very well any ways (4-5 hours ) is all I can sleep. One other person had RNY the same day as mine and they had all they could do to get her to walk the length of the nurses station.

The doctor did say walk walk walk and sip sip sip Water

Wow. Just do what you can while you can but don't push it too much! :-). Good Luck

I never used the pump either. I'm no hero - just didn't have any pain to warrant it. I was quite surprised but hey - no point in looking that gift horse in the mouth!! My guess is that you'll probably have some gas before all is said and done. Not necessarily pain, but gas. Seems to be pretty universal. Congratulations on your surgery! You're gonna love the new you!!

I didn't use the pain pump for my surgery that part was great lots of gas but walking help that and I walk a lot.

To tell the truth I'm suffering with a bad shoulder that needs surgery as well. One surgery at a time and maybe this surgery will relive the pain in my shoulder( keep my fingers crossed) so for the day and a half I had the pump I mashed the button every hour my shoulder never felt better. 11 days later back to reality it hurts again oh well.

I have lived with this pain for 2 years so I'm no big baby.my wife hates me for this Becuse I don't complain about my pain till its to late.

Everyone is different if you need the pain pump use it the hospital will cut you off befor it becomes a habit

I had my surgery yesterday and besides feeling ill for 2 hours and slight soreness until that night I have felt completely fine. No gas pain at all. Didn't even use my pain pump because I didn't need it... I'm not even sore anymore. I started walking 3 hours before they expected (they even told me to stop because they have never seen someone willing to walk without being told to and they were worried I was pushing it). I just feel like an oddball because the other patients here don't want to do anything... And all they do is complain about the gas pain.

Is this the calm before the storm or am I just blessed? I'm having this sinking feeling like something is just waiting behind the next corner to bring me to my knees.

I don't thanks it's the calm before the storm. My surgery was 10 days ago and I was out of my bed using the toilet within 15 mins of getting back to my room. I had absolutely no pain at any point and didn't use any pain killers. I was discharged from hospital in under 48 hours and I'm going back to work tomorrow.

Everything I eat (purée until 4th Sept) goes down very nicely. I don't feel hungry and am currently losing the 7lb a week target my dietician has set.

I was walking the dog over a mile within 5 days of surgery and am planning a 5 mile walk today.

I have to say that I feel great, have loads of energy and don't feel like I've even had surgery.