Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Guys Are On This App

Welcome...

Sent from my SCH-R830 using RNYTalk

RNY 8/24/09

Pre surgery 440lbs

Today 198

I lost the equivalent of two cheerleaders lol. Stay diligent Tim. High Protein is key or your body will consume its muscle to sustain vital operations. I went 120 days on the first stage of the diet after surgery due to a GI bleed a few weeks after my RNY. THIS WAS DUE TO EATING A PIECE OF CHICKEN! The system is delicate take your time.

The reason I went 120 days on liquid diet was because loosing 2 units of blood had a profound physiological effect on me to the point where I was afraid to even eat pudding lol.

Good luck stay positive and ask questions no matter how silly they may sound in your head.

I also lost much blood, but my loss was in the three days post-surgery. How many transfusions did you have? How long did it take to build your H&H back to normal levels? [i am six weeks out, have had two transfusions and I am only at 9 & 30 currently - at one point I was at 6 and 17]. As this is my six week anniversary, I am trying sol8id food today for the first time. Any advice? Thanks

I also lost much blood' date=' but my loss was in the three days post-surgery. How many transfusions did you have? How long did it take to build your H&H back to normal levels? . As this is my six week anniversary, I am trying sol8id food today for the first time. Any advice? Thanks[/quote']

I didn't have any transfusion's, I declined a transfusion and I regret it. It took me almost 6mo to build up my blood. Malabsorption combined with a fear of eating and having another bleed was a nightmare. Best advice I can give is take it slow, you have the rest of your life to enjoy meals again. Best of luck!

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to reading and posting throughout this whole process. I have been exploring the site and reading other people's experiences and am very encouraged by what I've learned already. I'm 24 days post-op and feel like I'm doing pretty well. If I could just get the muscle cramping where the drain tube incision is under control, I don't think I would have any complaints at all. Periodically this area hurts like hell and so far, only sitting up with a heating pad on it has had much effect. Has anyone been experiencing this same type of pain? My doctor says it's expected and that there really isn't much to do but ride it out. I was wondering if more/less exercise (walking) would help or make it worse?

I go to the doctor on Monday and will have my first weigh in, but what I'm really excited about is that I'm already off two of four Diabetes meds (pills) and my insulin shot dosage was cut in half - before I even left the hospital! My sugar numbers are dropping and I feel good! They really should advertise this as Diabetes Surgery! So long for now, Tim.

Iam new here 42 yr old guy waiting for my date to get surgery really cant wait

Iam new here

post-218558-0-21613500-1408022450_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]47301[/ATTACH]

Im not off the lot new. But still have that new sleeve smell.

From South Georgia and getting RNY in Gainesville, Fl Aug 18 2014.

New here and just thought I'd add myself to the short list of guys on the site. Officially 4 weeks until my surgery as of today. I'm a bit nervous but very excited about a new life!

I'm in with you guys. My wife and I are getting sleeved on 11/24 and cant wait. Both my parents are adult onset diabetics and my twin sister has been for 20 years. Now shes lost her eye sight and her kidneys are shuting down. I was 426# and my doc told me that the next time she saw me she was going to start me on a diabetic work up so i figured it was no or never.

need to get more guys in here:)

I'm in with you guys. My wife and I are getting sleeved on 11/24 and cant wait. Both my parents are adult onset diabetics and my twin sister has been for 20 years. Now shes lost her eye sight and her kidneys are shuting down. I was 426# and my doc told me that the next time she saw me she was going to start me on a diabetic work up so i figured it was no or never.

need to get more guys in here:)

How'd things go for you guys on the 24th? Feeling good?

Hey, I am on here. John in Jacksonville Florida. Today is my day 4. TOUGH. I am simply focusing

on getting through the stomach pain. I have not passed gas yet and I am very much looking forward

to that. Gas buildup in my abdomen is awful. Got in an egg, 1 oz applesauce and the 4 pills; Vitamin, antixox, Calcium.< /p>

It was TOUGH getting that all in. The pureed egg with a bit of skim milk to soften was TERRIBLE.

I have been looking for some recipies that people are enjoying during puree stage.

This is tough!

Hey, I am on here. John in Jacksonville Florida. Today is my day 4. TOUGH. I am simply focusing

on getting through the stomach pain. I have not passed gas yet and I am very much looking forward

to that. Gas buildup in my abdomen is awful. Got in an egg, 1 oz applesauce and the 4 pills; Vitamin, antixox, Calcium.< /p>

It was TOUGH getting that all in. The pureed egg with a bit of skim milk to soften was TERRIBLE.

I have been looking for some recipies that people are enjoying during puree stage.

This is tough!

Welcome John. I suggest GasX strips for the gas. In the puree stage I stuck with cream of chicken Soup and pureed chilli. Of course I still had three Protein Shakes a day. For me it was easier to find one or two things I could handle and just stay with that routine. Hope it helps

I was going to suggest the GasX strips as well. I've heard that they're great since they dissolve and you don't have to eat a pill. I guess I'll find out firsthand in a week! :)