Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I Am Having Gorging Problems!

I know i am meeting the doc for the first appointment to vet started with the surgery July 11th. But i am eating EVERYTHING in site. And lots of it. I need to get a better handle on this. It is like i feel that i know i won't be able to do this later. This isn't any kinda self control! Did anyone else do this? I have prob put on 10lbs in the last mth

It's something that got us here in the first place that we need to learn how to deal with before surgery and it's important to keep working at it during the whole process and even more so after the surgery. You're not alone. I find I have to talk to myself ALOT to get thinking the right way. food has been comfort whether we admit it or not. I know for me I've had to learn to replace that comfort with other things when I'm stressed. It's been a long process and some days I don't do so well....especially the day my surgery was denied a 2nd time. But what I was happy about was it wasn't an ALL day thing that it used to be. So you'll get there. If you're serious about the surgery, start working and preparing yourself for stressful time and what you'll do instead of eating. Lots of books out there to read about RNY surgery and helpful hints in them about this exact thing. I wish you the best with the start of your journey! July 11 is my next date for my surgery...hoping my insurance approves it this time. :)

Thank you so much for that! I needed to know I am not the only one. Good luck with July the 11th. Can I ask why you were denied?

Well the first time they wanted more info...my weight for the past 4 years and proof that I've been under supervised care for 3 months. My surgeon supplied them with that and they accepted those additions. Then they denied me a second time stating they needed proof about the 3 months of supervised care, a letter from my surgeon that included CPT (Procedure) codes and Medical release from my PCP. Well my surgeon argued the point on the 3 months that they had already approved and so they gave into that again but, wanted a new letter explaining it. My surgeon was ready to write both letters again but, my PCP went on vacation and wasn't going to be back until AFTER my first surgery date. Well so much for that. I see my PCP this coming Friday and praying I get the appropriate letter in place so my surgeon can then apply for the new surgery date of July 11. It's so nerve wracking! I was all set to go, had everything in place for 6/6 then let down. So I'm trying again...I won't give up!

Always remember YOU'RE WORTH IT! You're worth your effort to better health...see if that helps with the food stuff :)

Nita,

I did the same exact thing before my surgery. I went into panic mode. I had to do a 3 month Dr. supervised wellness program. I lost weight at first but I gained it almost all back before my surgery. I felt just like you. Like...OMG...I am never gonna get to eat here or here or this or that ever again. But aside from sugar and soda you can still have things you enjoyed before surgery. I have eaten out a few times and it went great. Just much much smaller portions!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches