Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Houston....just had gastric bypass 12/27/12..

Hi! Congratulations!!!!! How do you feel?? What a way to end and start a new year!!

Me too! Just had surgery 12/29. My surgeon is Dr. Garth from the Davis Clinic. Who'd you ladies go with?

Me too! Just had surgery 12/29. My surgeon is Dr. Garth from the Davis Clinic. Who'd you ladies go with?

No way!! Mine is Robert Davis (the father)!!! How are you doing so far? Getting it done around the holidays was really hard for me!! I'm focus now though!! 2013 will be my year!!

I feel great..Those first 3 days were hell....but then again it probably wouldn't have been so bad if I took the right dose of pain medication either..lol..

My doctor was Jorge Leiva... I has my surgery at Memorial Hermann Memorial City and I swear almost every patient on that floor was one of the Davis's...lol

How are you guys coming along?

I feel great..Those first 3 days were hell....but then again it probably wouldn't have been so bad if I took the right dose of pain medication either..lol..

My doctor was Jorge Leiva... I has my surgery at Memorial Hermann Memorial City and I swear almost every patient on that floor was one of the Davis's...lol

How are you guys coming along?

I had my surgery there at Memorial Hermann :) Dr. Davis's office is right outside the hospital. Yes, the first few days I thought I was never going to be the same again, I ended up with fever after surgery and stayed 4 long painful days :(

I love my decision to have this done, I just need to learn what/how to eat and exercise! I have a follow up on the 17th and I have a trainer at the gym that I had suspended while I was going through the 6month weigh ins so after my follow up I will hit the gym hard in hopes that by summer I will be wearing SHORTS & SUN DRESSES looking all cute unlike past summers :(

What's yalls start weight and goal?

Mine was 218 & goal (mine) is 150 but, Dr. Davis says 130-140 <~ that's tooooo thin in my opinion!

Do y'all have any HouSToN support groups y'all go to?? I'd like one-- I'm in the south side and Dr. Davis is actually pretty far for me but, I plan on going

I totally know what you mean! I'm looking forward to wearing something other then Capri pants!!..lol..

My heights weight was 247..My weight the day of was 240. My personal goal weight is 130.. (I'm only 4'9") But my surgeon is saying more like 110-100...There is no way in hell...I'll look like I'm about to pass out if I weighed that much...lol...

I don't know of an support groups in Houston except for what they offer at the hospital which is the first Tuesday of every month...I'm probably going to go to the next one...

How far along are you on your diet? I'm still on a complete liquid diet....it's getting old!!

You're on liquids ???? no he told me to go to mushies and then regular so I'm eating regular foods but I do tend to order or make mushie food just cause I find it easier to swallow - I eat Wendy's chili a lot and Soups from places I go out to like olive garden, panera, BJs and gringos -- at home I'm strict with shakes

110 lbs does seem very small, shoot my 10yr old weighs that!!

Funny you say capris - I have a closet full of all colors and I can't wait to give them away!!! I want dresses and more dresses with all kinds of shoes without having to worry that I look like a quarterback lol--

Yup...still liquids...I go pureed Friday!! Like today I had think & creamy Soup and I'm still tasting it. Ugh.. I'm ready for substance and crunchy!!

Yay...it is small! My 7year old weighs 87lbs! That's another thing.. I didn't realize how much and how often my beautiful daughter was eating! Right now we're arguing because she wants takis..and I won't let her have them. I didn't realize that I was setting her up to follow in my footsteps!

I have lots and lots of jeans in sizes 10-20!! LOL...I don't want to weigh 100lbs... I'm afraid of what I might look like!

I'm in Katy and Dr. Robert Davis will be my surgeon.

I'm in Katy and Dr. Robert Davis will be my surgeon.

Yeay!! When is your date?? From what I've heard he is "less" strict than his son, Garth. I didn't have to do the two weeks of liquids prior to my surgery because he said I didn't need it due to my BMI but the nurse said that Dr. Garth Davis would have done it anyways~

I'm happy with my choice to choose him, he's more experienced and to me, he's so funny with his bluntness:)

Yup...still liquids...I go pureed Friday!! Like today I had think & creamy Soup and I'm still tasting it. Ugh.. I'm ready for substance and crunchy!!

Yay...it is small! My 7year old weighs 87lbs! That's another thing.. I didn't realize how much and how often my beautiful daughter was eating! Right now we're arguing because she wants takis..and I won't let her have them. I didn't realize that I was setting her up to follow in my footsteps!

I have lots and lots of jeans in sizes 10-20!! LOL...I don't want to weigh 100lbs... I'm afraid of what I might look like!

Oh but I love Takis lol!! I actually crunched two and sprinkled it in my tuna to give it some flavor and as for the kids yes, I noticed too! My son ate a snack size bag of Cheetos and then a brownie then wanted Cereal <~ no way we had just came back from dinner!!! Only thing is I have boys and I maybe wrong but in my opinion it's more detrimental in females!!

You have jeans in 10-20 or 18-20?! I wish I was in a size 14 already but I tried and nope, not there yet but almost!! I love New York & Co and want to throw my Lane Bryant card in the shredder sooo soon, I may even YouTube it ;)

You aren't in the pearland area by any chance? I need a gym buddy that will actually go, isn't a stick figure or happy to be fatty!

Yes, 10-20... I've lost 60lbs by myself and was Down to a 14-12...My sister also gave me a bunch of her 10-12 jeans while I was losing weight about 4years ago...

It really is more important for women/girls to watch their weight. It worries me because she's at the age I was when I started gaining weight. I don't want her to be over weight... I know how horrible kids can be!

Hi! Congratulations!!!!! How do you feel?? What a way to end and start a new year!!

Good evening!

I'm in Cypress, I am doing a band to bypass revision on Jan.31 with Dr. St. Laurent...