Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Great job Cory!!! THAT'S a HUGE milepost!!!

Welcome to Alldbill! This thread keeps me comin' back too. We can talk about guy stuff. If you have any questions, THIS is the place...

Bruce

Way to go Cory!!!! that is awesome to cross the 100lb mark. Can't wait until I get there.

Anyone know a good site to help figure out a good target weight based on bone density and such? Maybe just the target Body Fat number?

Thanks

I don't know where they could do that, but i think it would have to be at a specialized place. Maybe the internet could get you some rough estimates, but like for me i know my university's physiology department has a tank that measures density. I guess you would have to find one of those. So should I actually now that i think about it, so i have a goal.

OMG, I paid 27, ooo, & its 250 for each fill. Thank God I havents had to have a fill since Sept (surgery was 5/18) So I am still on slim fast & little things here & there.... lost 80+ so i guess the price is soooooo worth it.....NY is so WAY too pricey for EVERYTHING!!! Haha, wouldnt wanna be anywhere else!!!!

Nice to see the dudes thread is still going strong! I've been so busy with work that I havent checked in for several weeks now. Looks like the majority of people are doing awesome with the band!! Congrats!!

I'm rapidly approaching the -75lb mark and life is good. Nice to see everyone again! It might not work for everyone, but the band has changed my outlook on life. Wow.:welldoneclap:

Jeff

Outfreakingstanding! 75 lbs, Quick question for you. How much exercise have you been doing? Cardio and/or weights?

I am trying to guage what my routine should be.

Congrats

Unfortunately I have only been doing limited cardio. Had I been following the prescribed routine of 30 minutes per day of cardio I would probably be down a few more lbs, but I've only been doing it a couple days a week. I do plan on kicking it up a few notches and doing it daily!

Unfortunately I have only been doing limited cardio. Had I been following the prescribed routine of 30 minutes per day of cardio I would probably be down a few more lbs, but I've only been doing it a couple days a week. I do plan on kicking it up a few notches and doing it daily!

That is freaking amazing. I cant believe it, you must look like you are melting away.

Congrats Man,

Andrew

You're doing outstanding Jeff! I had to look twice at your surgery date. 74 lbs in 3 months. WOW!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. You're on par for the same results!! 47 lbs in 2 months! Nice Job.

Someone I was talking to the other day was asking in-depth details of my progress and they finally told me that they thought that at the rate of my weight loss that I could have done just as well without surgery if I would have changed my eating habits to what they are now. I laughed and responded that if I could have changed my eating habits like that, I would have never been 325 lbs!!

That is freaking amazing. I cant believe it, you must look like you are melting away.

Congrats Man,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I do look like I'm melting away. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of before/after. I took a pic about 20 lbs ago and did a before/after comparison .jpg and it's amazing. I'd rather post a more updated one though. It's ok for a guy to post a pic of himself on the internet for a bunch of other guys, right? haha. :)

The crazy thing is that even though my appetite is still supressed and I'm losing 1-1.5 lbs a day, I think I'm due for a 2nd fill. My appetite is definately increased from when I got the first fill. The surgeon actually fit a "regular size" band on me and I'm the first male he's ever done that to. He said that it was due to the amount of fat that I lost before the surgery. He said that it gave me slight restriction right away so my appetite was immediately less, and that meant that I would get a very small first fill. I need to ask him how much he put in the first time. I actually had more problems with vomiting before my first fill, which is why he was afraid to put in too much.

I'm not going to force my opinion on anyone and I know this is not the cure-all fix for everyone, but it sure has changed my life with little or no consequence. Except a $15k loan payment! :)

Jeff

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I do look like I'm melting away. Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of before/after. I took a pic about 20 lbs ago and did a before/after comparison .jpg and it's amazing. I'd rather post a more updated one though. It's ok for a guy to post a pic of himself on the internet for a bunch of other guys, right? haha. :)

Jeff

Yeah as long as your not in a thong ! :):)