Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Optifasters

Andrew 2 weeks on the Optifast how are you doing? Look at your Hulla-Girl Go!!! Good Job!

Becca still hanging in there?

You guys only have 1 more week to go and then forget about it. Smooth Sailing through liquids.< /p>

Andrew 2 weeks on the Optifast how are you doing? Look at your Hulla-Girl Go!!! Good Job!

So far it has been pretty good. No 17lbs this week, but I am pretty happy with 6. Kinda hard to look at 6 compared to 17, but I realize that I will not be losing 6lbs per week forever.

Optifast has been pretty good, and I can honestly say that I am not having too much trouble, and no real bad cheats, just a spoonful of chilli, about a quater cup of chicken salad, and a single bite of pilichinta (hungarian crepe) over the 2 weeks. The ketosis has been pretty high as I can smell it in my brethe and urine, and my Dr. tested for keytones in my urine and they were high.

Really the hardest thing was lastnight at the Flames game. The lady next to me had a subway sandwich, nachos, pizza and a soft icecream. I think she was torturing me. I got my revenge by drooling on her shoes.

Now my mind is focused on getting ready for our trip out to Miss., putting up the baseboards in my basement this weekend, and getting junior to Lethbridge to stay with his grandparents. No time to think about food.

A

One question. How much Optifast did the clininc send you guys. I had to go get some out of the basement this morning and I have 2 boxes of vanilla and a box of choc. plus the 3 in my office. That shoud make 45 pouches, but according to my calculations I only have 21 left to take.

Any thoughts?

A

I will have 2 full boxes of Optifast left over and then a couple pouches by the time I have surgery on Friday. Now to be fair I have only been having 1 or 2 a day but yes I would still have many left over. I think the reason for that is because we are allowed to have optifast for a liquid in our liquid stage.

I have no intentions of drinking that stuff when I have other options so I wonder if the clinic will buy two boxes back. :);)

By the way Andrew sounds like you are doing great! not every week is going to be as good as your first but hey it's worth it anyway.

I tell ya the best thing about keeping busy these past couple weeks has been getting my mind off food but I swear even that is a challenge. I was driving to work the other day and smelled sulfer or something from the car in front of me and all I could think was I would kill for an egg salad sandwich. You know you're hungry when. :biggrin1:

Gaffer, they still want you drink some after the surgery for the protien, i did not have a lot left thank goodness, but i still was told to use them.

You are doing fabulous with the weight loss 23 lbs already WAY TO GO :clap2: :clap2:

Maria :)

I had enough left over to sell one box to another gal, and still have 10 in my cupboard. I had maybe 2 after surgery, and that was IT. Couldn't do it anymore. *gag*

Gaffer, 17ibs in one week, are you kidding me??? What a great start for you, I thought maybe you had started something previous.

Gaffer, 17ibs in one week, are you kidding me??? What a great start for you, I thought maybe you had started something previous.

No, infact I was on the sumo-wrestler-anti-diet prior to the Optifast. I gained 8lbs in the first 24 days of january.

It was a self induced food riot to beat my body into submission and prepare me for what was to come.

I am sure much of that 17lbs was Water loss, but I am hydrated now, and have maintined it along with losing some more lbs. I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

Hang in there Becca. Remember that this is likely to be the hardest part, and after the healing is done it will all be easier after that.

Less than a week to go. That is 17 more shakes for us to go with 46 behind me. You can do it.

A

Hi Gaffer....Optifast,your not going to want to hear this but Dr.Cobourn's office told me I had to have one per day durring the liquid phase for the next two weeks:faint: .I know I know....sorry

Astrotoes you are so right. The nurses told me the same thing yesterday. I need to still drink the Optifast for the liquid diet. i don't have to have 3 a day but I should maybe aim for one a day.

Damn right when you thought you were done with them. :-)

Well I guess I can use this time to finish the ones I have left up in my 2nd box. ;)

When you think of it there's no other source of Protein in the liquid phase so that might be why.....or they needed to figure a new and improved form of torture!:heh:

When you think of it there's no other source of Protein in the liquid phase so that might be why.....or they needed to figure a new and improved form of torture!:heh:

I think that they reccomed it to make sure that people are getting enough protien during the post-op. I dont think that I will have sucha hard time with it, but I am sick of the vanilla. I still have a couple of boxes of it. I wonder if they will let trade it in for more chocolate.

I also bought some protien juices & powder so I will likely use that during the post op. No biggie here.

A

I think I am nervous and excited all in one, I have to admit to you guys that I have really sucked through this whole pre-op diet. I just want to get the surgery done and hopefully get through it with no complications.