Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Optifasters

So I know that there are a bunch of us starting the pre-op diet either today or in the coming days.

I thought rather than littering around a bunch of other post that we could use this one to offer words of support, thoughts, trcks & tips and just general support.

Anyway, I am off to make my first shake & head to work. Hopefully the blender does not wake up the baby. :hungry:

Andrew

Hey guys, great idea on this thread Gaffer.I'm just about to make shake#2 so then there will only be 40 to go! My first was'nt too bad but I can see getting tired of them. Oh well, I went to the doctor today(my gp) and I did lots of" Last Suppers" as I was up about 17lbs since Nov. That's when I decided to go ahead with this.....I guess it's time to pay the price for my constant grazing over the last 3 months.:omg: Lets be there for each other for the next few weeks,I know the support will make our Optifast time much more tolerable!

Yah, the first on was not that bad. Mixed mine with 300ml of Water and a handful of ice.

I too paid the price for the farwell tour & gained about 8lbs since Xmas.

I am off to the diabetic stroe to shop for some calorie free flavor syrups.< /p>

Andrew

Okay so I start my Optifast on Friday and I am actually looking forward to trying it just cause there has been so much talk. Almost feel like sneaking a packet of it now. :paranoid

Anyway I am not sure how to make it when I am at work. Home is not a problem because I have a blender and everything but how do I make it when I am at work? Is it okay just stirred or shaken up? Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Hi Gaffer and Astro - I just downed my first one - vanilla and added some orange essence into it - not in love with the stuff but I can do this - I can do this, I can do this....looking forward to chocolate one. Good luck and let's keep motivating each other. If I find a way to dress up the taste I will pass it on to everyone. Let's have a group hug:girl_hug:

So I went to the Diabetic store to pick up some Davinci syrups. I picked up chai tea and raspberry so I will let you know.

Maybe I will have a raspbery vanilla for dinner.

Andrew

Where are you guys buying the flavorings? What part of the grocery store? I'm going tomorrow.Dame J I'm not sure about your work question,I do know I read on the pkg that they are suppose to be consumed imediately after mixing so that may be a challenge, but I would think just shaking them in a jar would mix them enough. How hungry are you guys, I'm not too bad yet.......but probably by tonight it'll be tougher:cry

:clap2:

goodluck everyone!

p.s. whatever you do, do not go on my 'what did u eat' topic,

watch the food network, read cookbooks, smell food ur family

is making....... etc.

Good luck guys. I'm 14 days out after surgery and I can still taste the Optifast. Yuck. I did use the post it note trick though. Stick the number of shakes worth of post its to the cupboard and rip one down after every shake. It's good to visualize the end to the torture. Rip one down, swear, tear it to shreds, throw it on the floor, wirl it in the blender, burn in slowly and painfully, make fun of how it looks (look at you all yellow and sticky just sticking there like a bump on a log!!)

I'll be thinking of you. It's the start of your new life...it wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't difficult. I think I can, I think I can! I know...shut up.

Hugs,

Mookie.

Where are you guys buying the flavorings? What part of the grocery store? I'm going tomorrow.Dame J I'm not sure about your work question,I do know I read on the pkg that they are suppose to be consumed imediately after mixing so that may be a challenge, but I would think just shaking them in a jar would mix them enough. How hungry are you guys, I'm not too bad yet.......but probably by tonight it'll be tougher:cry

I bought my flavoring in Calgary at a store called Diabetic Depot. Look for a local store that caters to diabetic. They had a whole wall of these things. I they were about $12.00 each. I am looking forward to using the raspberry tonight at dinner.

I looked all through Walmart, Safeway & Superstore with no luck, until it occured to me that my former diabetic roommate used these. Davinci and Tarini are the more common ones, they are normally used to flavor coffee so you may find them at a coffee place.

I mixed my lunch Optifast in a rubbermaid drinking bottle. Seemed to work fine. I think I will pour my future ones into a coffee mug so people cant see what I am drinking and become nosey.

Hang tough

Andrew

2 optifasts down and 1 cup of steam broccoli - Joy! How am I gonna get another shake down before bedtime? If it could just taste like popcorn there would be no problem. Grin and bear it everyone. The end goal is worth the present.

actually lots of different places have DaVinci syrups. I hunted them down, and bought some at a coffee shop in Saskatoon. That was in my old Atkins days... people on Atkins boards swore by them. I added some caramel and dulce de leche to my vanilla optifasts... a couple times. I still have the bottles, and I don't think I'll ever smell/taste them again without having nightmares of Opti-hell!!

Hi All, Hope you don't mind an Aussie interloper chiming in here!:) I am day 14 on 21 days of Optifast. It was hard the first week, but I have found my body has adjusted. I am now not as hungry and dreaming of Peanut Butter sandwiches.:biggrin1:

I love the chocolate shake with chilled Water and blended ice cubes. It helps that it is summer in Australia.

The vanilla shake is ok with cinnamon and nutmeg added.

Good on you all. Susannah