Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On my way to revision from lap band to gastric bypass

Blankmama the sleeve might be better for you

I actually considered it. But I spoke with my surgeon about it and I've read up on it. I know you have higher chances of leaks with the sleeve. My surgeon recommended rny, so did my primary physician.

I am glad to see things are working out for you all. My asthma/primary care physician does not want any revision surgery done for me. He feel I am really stressed and this is my main source of reason for lack of continued weight loss, not non compliance or lapband failure. I am on generic Xanaz & generic Zoloft for depression - mostly financial. He made his desicion based on the facts that I had initial success and I am not having any band complication physically. I do alot of Pbing and know the band is fitted. Just sucks a bit. He feels I will do just fine with the band once I feel better mentally. I understand and can't really argue his points. I see my bariatric physician on June 4 and will see if he concurs. I continue to see my psychologist & dietian on a rregular basis.

Success to you all! Enjoy your lives & well being! Aloha, Dani

Dani G - You know it's never a bad thing to continue with therapy. Losing weight is such a mind game 99% of the time. I had the lapband as well and stress does play games with it. I bet once you get the stress level down, you will lose more weight or have less trouble with the band but, I also know first hand it's not easy to do. I started to see a therapist outside of my bariatric group that works with eating disorders and eating issues and she's been a big help in teaching me how to reduce my stress. I also practice reiki and meditation which has helped alot. Good luck with your journey of getting the stress under control...you're worth your effort :)

Don't self pay. Escalate to the top of the insurance plan. File a grievance and also report the insurance company to the state dept of insurance. If all that fails (or goes on for months as in my case), go on the insurance company's Facebook and all social media to tell your story. Leave out all names through (surgeons, doctors, etc...) Say "band" rather than naming the type of band. After months of frustration & mental anguish, I posted on my insurance company's page--by 8:30 the next morning the head account executive for my state called me. She took care of it all. It's been a long road since I had a band put in Feb 2010 (followed by a revision for a flipped, inaccessible port). My band was removed in May, and now i'll be having the RNY July 2nd. I'm terrified, but going forward full steam ahead. I read so much great stuff on there that it inspires me to keep going. Thank to all of you for that :)

Welcome to the group & we all post all over the place.

Hi

I am from Indianapolis. In the process of having a revision from Lap Band to RNY. Having my surgery at St. Francis. Going tomorrow for Dietician and Counselor apt. I have already had Psych Eval, and orientation and met with the Surgeon Just doing what they ask when they ask to try and speed this along.

I had the Lap Band seven years ago. I have no horror stories, I have never had a problem with my band, I was unable to tolerate salads and healthy foods so I would go to softer less healthy foods, then I had my band unfilled thinking I would eat healthier. Well that didn't really work. I have lost and gained many times over that time. I need the RNY for the help in weight but more than that for the hope that it will reverse my Type 2 Diabeetes and my need for insulun. I take huge amounts a day, still have high numbers, continue to gain weight, and my body hurts all over, so much pain involved.

I hope this happens sooner than later. But I admit I am nervous about it, but I am trying real hard to wrap my head around what life will be like after.

Hope to talk to all of you and lend support as I can.

Vicki

Hi Vicki, Welcome to the boards. My bariatric therapist actually told me the medical field is considering RNY even for healthy weight folks who have diabetes because it helps so much in reversing it. I wish you the best with your journey!