Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1/31/07 Surgery-counting down now...

Hi, I'm Susan (37 years old) and I am getting banded on 1/31 (one week from tomorrow). :D I can't wait. I have a BMI of 35 and 80 pounds to lose. I know that isn't as much as some people, but I admire every pound anyone can take off.

I worked hard to earn the extra weight- lots of overeating and sitting. I do have thyroid issues and had a hysterectomy when I was 30 but honestly, it is my eating habits (volume volume volume) and laaaaccckkkk of exercise that got me here.

But, I am so thrilled to be getting a Lap Band, this little tool is going to be the key to my success. I have tried everything out there. I am excited, and reading everything I can get my hands on... but nervous also....

Hi Susan, There is a very active thread of January Bandsters (everyone is getting banded in Jan) It is in the General forum. Just scroll down until you see the January bandsters thread.

Susan,

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming surgery date. I will be banded on 1/30, just 1 day before you. I am also excited because I have tried everything. I just want to be successful-once and for all. Best of luck to you. Please keep in touch. Gigi

Hi Susan, There is a very active thread of January Bandsters (everyone is getting banded in Jan) It is in the General forum. Just scroll down until you see the January bandsters thread.

ooo- thanks. :huggie: I will go check that out

Welcome to LBT!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted! (Gas and ALL!) LOL

I will, and good luck getting yours approved- looks like you are close. :huggie:

Susan,

Sounds like you're close to me as far as BMI, people stared at me in my first seminar, wondering why I needed the procedure. Like you, I have worked at loosing weight for 2/3 of my life. I'm so tired of wasting precious time worring and stressing about my weight. Ready to start living what I have left hopefully with less medications. Don't have surgery scheduled yet, diet consultation tomorrow night. Dr. is reviewing my paperwork. Just hope he'll consider me a viable candidate with a BMI of 34. Let's keep in touch since there are not many in this catagory. Good luck!

lessofme

You replied to me after my first posting earlier this week. I'm Kima. Being banded 1/30.... lower bmi 38ish, 2 kids, work crazy hours, same goal weight...you suggested we should keep in touch. I agree. Another commonality- I ha,d a hysterectomy at 40. Good luck, I am counting down, getting nervous, but also really really excited, and hopeful! I know I can make this work. Sounds like you are in the same place. Just can't wait to be on the other side of band day! Good luck with the next few days. I'll be sendng good karma your way! Kim

Susan,

Sounds like you're close to me as far as BMI, people stared at me in my first seminar, wondering why I needed the procedure. Like you, I have worked at loosing weight for 2/3 of my life. I'm so tired of wasting precious time worring and stressing about my weight. Ready to start living what I have left hopefully with less medications. Don't have surgery scheduled yet, diet consultation tomorrow night. Dr. is reviewing my paperwork. Just hope he'll consider me a viable candidate with a BMI of 34. Let's keep in touch since there are not many in this catagory. Good luck!

lessofme

Congratulations on getting started- I cannot wait. :) let me knwo as soon as you get a date set. I made a Word Doc shopping list from this site, other sites, friend's reccomends and my nurse consultations. I can send it to you if you like!

You replied to me after my first posting earlier this week. I'm Kima. Being banded 1/30.... lower bmi 38ish, 2 kids, work crazy hours, same goal weight...you suggested we should keep in touch. I agree. Another commonality- I ha,d a hysterectomy at 40. Good luck, I am counting down, getting nervous, but also really really excited, and hopeful! I know I can make this work. Sounds like you are in the same place. Just can't wait to be on the other side of band day! Good luck with the next few days. I'll be sendng good karma your way! Kim

wooo hooo- I am so happy for us both! We do have a lot in common... it will be nice to get thin together :)

I got my final insurance approval today (they figured I would, but I couldn't get too excited until I heard for sure) but I am excited now.

The only real thing I am freaking out about is the gurgling noises... I hate embarassing stomach noises. I guess I have to get used to them. :paranoid SOme people supposedly have more than others but my nurse said to expect them and just be ready to roll with them. :guess

Oh well, not fitting into any clothing and huffing and puffing every time I walk up 4 stairs is embarassing, too!

Susan

Terrific news about getting your final approval. This is such a process of ups and downs as we wait, but that is the Biggest! WOW! you're on your way now. Here's to our countdown... 5 days for me, 6 for you... and 5 for Gigi, who happens to be a friend from RI. Go Gigi!

We all have such similar stories and pain that we anxiously look forward to hurdling over! Let's stay in touch. I am sure it will be helpful to pull each other along.

I will be thinking about you- kind of nerve wracking getting through this weekend until Tuesday- BAND DAY. I feel like I've been waiting for 30 years to find something to help.

I hope the next few days fly by, and that your band day is managable.

Talk to you on the other side!

kim

p.s. Worried about gurgling? we have kids, a little rumbling can't scare us!

Hi Kim- Thanks for including me! If you get a chance give me a call tomorrow-any time. My daughter is home sick w/strep. Zachary was out sick Wed. and Thurs. w/ strep also. This has not been a very productive week for me. Anyway, I'll be home all day, so call me. Gigi

Susan- Best of luck to you on the 31st. I'll be thinking of you.

Gigi

Guess what- my date is actually the 30th. We're band sisters now. Can you believe that? We'll probaly be on the table at the same time! just a few miles apart. Who would have guessed.

Sorry to hear the kids are sick. Stay healthy! Don't want to get under the weather now!

Gigi, you are a terrific mom, beautiful woman and a shining, generous personality-(Always thought your husband married up! ) I pray that this brings us both the peace on this issue we have both struggled with for so long.

Luv ya, Kim :rolleyes:

Thatgirl,

My surgery is also sechduled for 1/31/06. Can wait. Best of luck to you.

Amelia 308 current goal 160.