Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick question. May I ask how people tolerated eggs when on the mushie/soft food stage?

Did it give you rotten indigestion? Or were you all good in the hood?

How did you serve them?

Many thanks, lovelies :) x

Tolerated

No Bubble guts

scrambled

I am only 4 weeks out and have been eating scrambled eggs since since 12 days out, which is fine with my nut. I still cannot eat the whole thing but they are good...I've even started putting cut up ham and cheese in them...talk about awesome!!

Quick question. May I ask how people tolerated eggs when on the mushie/soft food stage?

Did it give you rotten indigestion? Or were you all good in the hood?

How did you serve them?

Many thanks, lovelies :) x

I've been able to eat food for the past two days now, eggs included. I've had boiled and scrambled with just a tiny bit of cheese on top, I did get indigestion afterwards but to be fair it seems like everything I've eaten has given me heartburn. I also can't eat the amount that is listed on my post op diet, for example, it says one egg and I can maybe get down half of it. It's a little bit annoying...

I've been able to eat food for the past two days now, eggs included. I've had boiled and scrambled with just a tiny bit of cheese on top, I did get indigestion afterwards but to be fair it seems like everything I've eaten has given me heartburn. I also can't eat the amount that is listed on my post op diet, for example, it says one egg and I can maybe get down half of it. It's a little bit annoying...

I was the same way, I could only eat half of one but trust me it gets better!

I was the same way, I could only eat half of one but trust me it gets better!

Good to know! I think I'll keep drinking a Protein shake a day until I'm able to eat enough to get my Protein from food.

Good to know! I think I'll keep drinking a Protein shake a day until I'm able to eat enough to get my Protein from food.

That is exactly what I did. I now do not drink them as I am able to get what I need from food. Thank God! I was getting sick of the shakes.

I tolerated scrambled eggs very well in that stage. Funny thing is, now they make me sick to my stomach and .make me gag. I'm 5 1/2 months out

eggs sat pretty hard for me at first. They seemed to go thud almost immediately. I can eat a one egg omelette now with care, by chewing well and eating slowly.

At first they are a good choice and you should def try them. Now, at 8 weeks, they're not packing quite the nutritional punch for me. One egg fills me up tight and only gives me 6 gms of Protein. I'd much rather eat 1/2 c of cottage cheese which sits easier and gives me more Protein.

My long-winded point here is not to not eat them. Rather it's to say go ahead and enjoy it if you can, just know at some point you may be migrating away from these foods. Or something. I don't know what my point was anymore!

Same with cheese. Loved it initially, sat easy, now the numbers aren't working for me so much.

That is exactly what I did. I now do not drink them as I am able to get what I need from food. Thank God! I was getting sick of the shakes.

I can't tolerate the shakes at all! They make me so sick:(

eggs were one of the things I had problems with....depending on the day. Hard boiled with mayo with olive oil was the best way for me to eat them. Not always sure what food though makes me sick as I eat more than one type at a meal.

That's very good to know. Thank you for all your answers, folks. I think I'll give them a go, but before I do, I'll make sure I take an antacid/PPI. I'm craving them, so my body must be needing whatever they have to offer! :) x

I'm 16 weeks out and I still can't do eggs really. I keep trying every Saturday but after a bite or two I start to not feel well. But, I had a small issue with eggs before surgery. I could eat them maybe once or twice a week, and only the whites, but anymore than that I would get nauseous.

One last response? :-) I found poached worked well, scrambled are still a bit difficult to tolerate at 10 weeks. Good luck ... and enjoy!