Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, all responses are VERY welcome and much appreciated, thank you. :) The more ideas I have about successful presentation of the eggs, the more likely I'll find one that sits okay. Poached.. mmm... on toast with loads of butter... D'oh! No bread! Waaaaaaaah! :'(

Ooh, actually, whilst here, I'll cheekily ask another question. Have any of you lot attempted sausages? If so, how did that work out for you all? x

Hey' date=' all responses are VERY welcome and much appreciated, thank you. :) The more ideas I have about successful presentation of the eggs, the more likely I'll find one that sits okay. Poached.. mmm... on toast with loads of butter... D'oh! No bread! Waaaaaaaah! :'( Ooh, actually, whilst here, I'll cheekily ask another question. Have any of you lot attempted sausages? If so, how did that work out for you all? x[/quote']

Very well as long as it was chicken sausage. Now I did homemade ones but you can approximate those with no casing on store-bought ones. My husband made ground chicken and we sausaged it up in different flavors like bratwurst, Thai chicken etc and that worked great.

However, hot dog at the baseball game, made of beef and full fat that I had Sunday? Made me sick. And nothing has really made me sick.

A lot of people say they have trouble with pork. So if pork and beef are iffy, try chicken ones to start maybe?

chicken sausages.. It'll be like returning to the middle east! Hey, a sausage is a sausage and I'd be grateful for any variety as I love them so much! i wasn't really thinking the hotdog variety as I've never really gone for them. Definitely the bratwurst variety though.. They are delicious!

Do you find anything with a high fat content now throws your tummy off?

Chicken sausages.. It'll be like returning to the middle east! Hey' date=' a sausage is a sausage and I'd be grateful for any variety as I love them so much! i wasn't really thinking the hotdog variety as I've never really gone for them. Definitely the bratwurst variety though.. They are delicious! Do you find anything with a high fat content now throws your tummy off?[/quote']

I haven't tried anything high in animal fat except the frankfurter yesterday. The highest fat thing I've had has been 1/4 of an avocado at a time and that didn't make me sick. But I think that high fat will make me sick. Don't ask me how I know but I took 2 bites of the hotdog and turned if my husband and said, "will this make us sick?" Instinctively I knew it wasn't good for me. Of course I ate it! Oy. Upset tummy!

Did you have it in the hot dog roll, or just the hot dog on its own?

Sleeved August 19' date=' eggs...great. Protein Shakes make me wanna gag....just can't get em down![/quote']

I am the SAME way!

Oh man, I've been a unhappy for the last two days after having scrambled eggs and lean Italian chicken sausage. Had a small portion Sunday night, spent the night feeling stuck and queasy. Tried again for lunch Monday, and they were outright rejected.

I still have the sore throat. Bleah.

Did you have it in the hot dog roll' date=' or just the hot dog on its own?[/quote']

Just the meat. I hate commercial white bread, haven't eaten the pasty stuff that burgers and hot dogs come in for years. If I'm going to eat bread, it's going to be GOOD bread, not that stuff! :). But yeah no bread for me until I hit goal I think.

Aww, sausages making people sick?! This is no good people, no good.. I love them so!!!!

For me, the secret to eggs during the mushie stage was to 'soft' scramble them. Leave them loose and wet. I also added a bit of shredded cheese for flavor. If they were hard scrambled, or hard boiled they sat like a rock. Good luck!

Yeah, my husband is unable to grasp the idea of "soft" scrambled eggs. The birk. Oh wait, I guess I could cook them ... Nah.

hey guys

i had my first scrambled egg yesterday!

im 19 days post op!

it went down fine but afterwards i had indigestion (never had it before) so i was quite scared!

me being a drama queen thought i was dying!

but i was fine after 20 mins or so!!

i had one egg, i ate it all but could of really only are half! my mind still needs to catch up with my body!

im going to try some swede mash today!

does anyone have any other ideas of what i can eat on stage 2 because i dont fancy anything! x

I have found (Pam) fried eggs over medium will slide down my stomach well. I haven't had any problem. I can eat a full one now--with maybe one cracker to soak up the rest of the yolk :x Scrambled eggs tasted...different to me for some reason :/

I have found (Pam) fried eggs over medium will slide down my stomach well. I haven't had any problem. I can eat a full one now--with maybe one cracker to soak up the rest of the yolk :x Scrambled eggs tasted...different to me for some reason :/

I STILL can't eat a whole one! How far out are you

I'm 10 days post op and had my first scrambled egg (egg beaters) this morning. I at the entire thing (took 30 min) and I felt fine during/afterwards! I'm trying puréed egg salad tomorrow!