Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got up early to go to the cardiologist for my clearance.

Thanks for reading my novel .... :-)

Good morning Hun. I'm so frustrated for you as well. You said the Dr. was money hungry in our last conversation. I'm wondering, once you get clearance from the new cardiologist, if there's anyway to appeal his payment. Especially since it wasn't needed. Granted, it is better to be safe than sorry, but at least if you get the needed clearance then that should be the proof to have your insurance deny his last payment (just a thought). In the meantime, don't fret. God puts things in our paths for reasons. You will soon be sleeved. *Hugs* :wub:

That really stinks of that dr to act that unprofessional. Legally, if you request your records in writing, he has to give them to you. The new dr will most likely fax something over after you've signed it, forcing the bad dr to give them all over.

Hope it gets better for you!

Yes it does stink. I did manage to get full copies late yesterday. I actually went to his other office location where I knew he wasn't and asked for a copy of all the studies in my file because I was going to another doctor out of state. Technically, where I live to get "out of state" is only a 10 minute ride..so it was not a lie..lol She said sure.... click, click, click...all done. So I have everything I need for my appointment with the new card on Thursday...

Some doctor's are just simply unbelievable. Glad it worked out for you as well. Like pulling teeth though...geesh...

Good morning Hun. I'm so frustrated for you as well. You said the Dr. was money hungry in our last conversation. I'm wondering, once you get clearance from the new cardiologist, if there's anyway to appeal his payment. Especially since it wasn't needed. Granted, it is better to be safe than sorry, but at least if you get the needed clearance then that should be the proof to have your insurance deny his last payment (just a thought). In the meantime, don't fret. God puts things in our paths for reasons. You will soon be sleeved. *Hugs* :wub:

Yes, we did have that conversation. I had a gut feeling remember? I actually received a survey from the hospital regarding his service..I'll see how it goes with the new Card on Thursday before I contact my insurance company to complain.

Thanks ....have a wonderful day! And the journey continues for us all...

peace and blessings...

He's a damn a*****e. By law, he's supposed to give you copies of all of your records. Glad you were able to get the copies. LMAO - you must be 10 minutes away from PA or NY. Keep me posted. I'm sure you'll have smooth sailing from here. I actually go in to see my PCP today for my 5th visit and hopefully my EKG. I'll message you later tonight and let you know how it goes.

Yes, Ms. Yvette...please let me know how it goes today....I wish it all works out well for you because we don't need the added stress of an a-hole doctor on top of everything else..lol

Good grief! What an ass! Good for you for sticking to your guns and not letting him bully you into the cath. So many people just are so compliant with their doctors, when at times there guts are tell them not too. It's always best to follow your gut! So glad that you were able to get in with another Card so quickly, and I wish you the best of luck!

Good grief! What an ass! Good for you for sticking to your guns and not letting him bully you into the cath. So many people just are so compliant with their doctors, when at times there guts are tell them not too. It's always best to follow your gut! So glad that you were able to get in with another Card so quickly, and I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for the support. Yep, he definitely didn't like me saying NO or thinking for myself. Doctor's are human beings not GODS! I will treat them with respect but I will not worship one, nor be a puppet or a guinea pig for one.

I got up early to go to the cardiologist for my clearance.

Back story: I have a past history of ovarian and breast cancer. I finished my 3rd round of chemo this past may. I decided in 2010 to have WLS but with my recurrent cancer it was not to be...each time I thought I can do it now...cancer re-occurred. This last time I was on a GOG study and it seems to have definitely worked in my favor. Elated, I went to my oncologist and told him I wanted the weight loss surgery..he agreed it was a good idea because of the contributing factor of obesity to female cancers and my history of HBP. He gave me a small window to get it approved and done. He spoke to the WLS and they both agreed, I should have no issues with the surgery and both recommended the Gastric Sleeve as the best option. This was all in August.

Okay fast forward: I completed all my test with flying colors. The GI Series, Chest X-ray and Lab Work showed unremarkable results and no anomalies. My ECG showed "borderline" but I wasn't worried because my oncologist had already ordered and received my CT Scan results of my chest/abdomen/pelvis (taken a week after) and it showed unremarkable results too..Heart was healthy, no artery Calcium, clear lungs, spleen, liver, stomach, intestines all in remarkable order and everything was within normal limits. AS for the ECG, I went to a cardiologist associated with the hospital for further study because I need cardiac clearance for the WLS.

Anyway, I saw the cardiologist and did another ECG that came back borderline so he wanted to do a stress test, the stress test he said was okay, but he wanted to investigate further because a little dip on the machine when I'm at max capacity exercising which is common among women, but better safe than sorry. I was game, still have plenty of time before I see WLS again. So then an echocardiogram was done, my EF Rate was 65%, no significant blockages, valves are good, what little anomalies there are attributed to long term HBP issues and current medications. Sooo, even that was not good enough, he wanted a Nuclear Stress Test...okay..still game.. had that last week, results show nothing significantly abnormal--report also mention HBP effects on regurgitation, blah blah blah (which btw will be cured with weight loss).

This morning, I go to his office expecting to receive my cardiac clearance and guess what? He now wants to do a Cardiac Catherization...for what MAY BE blockage, no way to tell, not sure, we need to go in and check.. My reasoning is WHY? What makes you think I have something wrong with my heart. I have no symptoms, no pain, no SOH, I finished both Stress Tests easily, there is no familial history of heart disease, heart attacks or blockages. I immediately refuse and he said well think about, I wouldn't want you to have a heart attack..and I said am I at risk and he said, we all are..factors matter, could be 10 yrs from now..or tomorrow..can't say. You can lose weight the normal way in the meantime. Then he says, well let's just get you set up for it..because you can't have your surgery w/o my approval. Again, I said no, and he said why? At that point I was in tears because I have an appt with the surgeon in two days and all I needed was the clearance.

Needless to say, I asked for a copy of my Nuclear Stress report (he only gave me one page of it). Right then I decided to get another opinion. So I go to all the various places and get copies of my studies. On my way into the hospital I ran into a young lady I met at my seminar in July who accompanied her sister, she already had the Sleeve done. Must be fate. She told me she had an A-Fib and her cardiologist still cleared her. She said she worked for the hospital and they are famous for running up the tab in the cardiology department. I've read such too..a great deal of catherizations are completely unncessary. So I called up her Cardiologist, he didn't have any openings for a month(bummer), but when I explained my situation further the receptionist put the R.N. on the phone, I gave her a bit more detail and told her who recommended me, and actually said she could squeeze me in this week but at a location further away. Hey fine by me!! It will be after my last NUT appt and after I see the surgeon, but at least its this week.

I knew that doctor was a money grabber. I said it 3 weeks ago. I have a platinum insurance plan and he intends to milk it dry. Well, I'm done..and I'm switching cardiologists! Wish me luck. I've been crying tears of frustration intermittently all day...even called my mom when I walked out of his office and balled like a baby because I'm really ready and want this badly for my health! He just doesn't seem to get it.

Okay I've vented...yes I'm frustrated...but I'm determined. So surgery may or not be in two weeks or even this month... but I'm still hoping. Especially since my test are all showing okay...depends on this new cardiologist. Finger Crossed. Tears finally dry.

Thanks for reading my novel .... :-)

Another thing you could do is call your insurance company and tell them that you suspect he is just running up bills. They can step in and say that's enough.

Another update: The new card's office called to make sure I bring everything to my appointment tomorrow and make sure I have every single stress test (including all the detailed reports, not just the doctor's synopsis). I checked my records and realized card 1's office didn't include the detail for 1st treadmill stress test results. So I went back there today and asked specifically for the detailed report. The young lady gave me the side eye, but printed it out. I get home and began to read it..and guess what it says in my EKG assessment? That I stopped exercise due to fatigue. OMG! (LIE) I finished the entire test. They told me when to stop. If was to be longer than 6 minutes, I could have easily done it. I have an EF Rate of 65% and during the treadmill was 92% maximized.

Just unbelievable. What a liar.

Tomorrow onto a new cardiologist. Will update later.

Another update: The new card's office called to make sure I bring everything to my appointment tomorrow and make sure I have every single stress test (including all the detailed reports' date=' not just the doctor's synopsis). I checked my records and realized card 1's office didn't include the detail for 1st treadmill stress test results. So I went back there today and asked specifically for the detailed report. The young lady gave me the side eye, but printed it out. I get home and began to read it..and guess what it says in my EKG assessment? That I stopped exercise due to fatigue. OMG! (LIE) I finished the entire test. They told me when to stop. If was to be longer than 6 minutes, I could have easily done it. I have an EF Rate of 65% and during the treadmill was 92% maximized.

Just unbelievable. What a liar.

Tomorrow onto a new cardiologist. Will update later.[/quote']

Omg. I would definitely file a complaint with the medical board. He fudged the report in order to extort money from your insurance. You should also notify your insurance company so that they can take him off of the approved doctors list. But do that after you are scheduled for surgery lol

Omg. I would definitely file a complaint with the medical board. He fudged the report in order to extort money from your insurance. You should also notify your insurance company so that they can take him off of the approved doctors list. But do that after you are scheduled for surgery lol

I 2nd what was written above! Don't let him get away with this BS!

How did today go with the new one?

You better believe it. I will definitely turn him in...you want to do a heart cath on me based on lies in your reports.

I 2nd what was written above! Don't let him get away with this BS!

How did today go with the new one?

I'm going to definitely turn him in... and will let everyone know not to deal with this doctor. As for my 2nd opinion appointment with the card, its not until tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what he's going to say immediately. Nutritionist said today to expect him to say leave the reports, give me a physical and say, I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

Wow. Perfect example of bad doctor's running up insurance costs. TURN HIM IN TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE MEDICAL BOARD!

Wow. Perfect example of bad doctor's running up insurance costs. TURN HIM IN TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE MEDICAL BOARD!

Yep. I don't think they expect patience to question them or say no, or say I want a 2nd opinion. I got a copy of his report from this past Monday too..and he told a couple of little fibs in it too...like stating "told patient to diet and exercise" lol did not..he was focused on that heart cath. Beside man, I'm there because I want to do something about my weight, and I'm already exercising. Told him 2x that I joined a gym and have been walking 4 days a week.

sigh...