Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

Hi there!! I'm 23 and getting banded in a week on Nov 7 2007. I am extremely nervous but so glad that I am doing this now instead of later when I have medical complications.

Definiatly don't think that we are giving up too early, I have been fighting this since I was 16 and decided I needed help.

:0)

Hi there!! I'm 23 and getting banded in a week on Nov 7 2007. I am extremely nervous but so glad that I am doing this now instead of later when I have medical complications.

Definiatly don't think that we are giving up too early, I have been fighting this since I was 16 and decided I needed help.

:0)

Way to go:clap2:!!!! I am happy for you. You will not regret it. You will be feeling so much better soon. I am getting so close to go weight, but I am so happy and feel so much better, it wouldn't disapoint me if I didn't lose anymore. I feel so much better. Good Luck to you!!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Okay!! I'll admit it...I'm a youngin' lol. I'm 23 years old but I don't think I'm giving up to early. I have been over weight my whole life so I look at it as 23 years lost to the challenges and horror that over weight people face. It's sad that I couldn't do anything about this sooner. The sooner the better. I don't want to loose anymore time to thinking about things I will never be able to do. I want to be productive and have the next 60 years, at least, to do all the things I couldn't for the last 23. Does that make since? I ramble sometimes. :biggrin1:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Okay!! I'll admit it...I'm a youngin' lol. I'm 23 years old but I don't think I'm giving up to early. I have been over weight my whole life so I look at it as 23 years lost to the challenges and horror that over weight people face. It's sad that I couldn't do anything about this sooner. The sooner the better. I don't want to loose anymore time to thinking about things I will never be able to do. I want to be productive and have the next 60 years, at least, to do all the things I couldn't for the last 23. Does that make since? I ramble sometimes. :biggrin1:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wish I would have looked into this long time ago, I have been overweight all my life too. DOn't let anyone say you are too young, you have your whole life to look forward too and being overweight in this world is too hard. Good luck!

hi im 23 and i was just banded as well...i will tell you it was hard for me too because everyone said cant you just diet and exercise which i have done since i was probably 6yrs of age...ive been fat all my life and i decided to finally give me the gift ive wanted forever...so dont give up know that we will now have a healthier future then we would have if we were older...where are you from btw? when i actually had the surgery i was the youngest but i know alot of young ppl who got it...kit

That is wonderful, you will be feeling great in no time. That is nobodys buisiness how you loose the weight. Anyone that says something negative, is just jealious plain and simple. I don't care what they say about me because rather they are talking about me now, can you imagine what they were saying when I was at my biggest. They are going to talk about you regardless. Well now they really have something to talk about when I go in public...lol

Congrats to you Tiffany, how are you doing on your journey?

I am 27 making 28 Nov.19 I wish I would have done this sooner, but never had a job that insurance will cover it but better late than never, good luck to everyone !!!!:)

im doing pretty good.. i have lost about 51 pds..with 1 fill. and another fill on nov.19th

Wow you need to put you a little weight tracker. That is awesome.

Hey guys just wanted to say congrats to everyone recently banded or about to be. Im 22 in school, and my life has never been better since getting banded!

Its amazing cause Ill hold up clothes to myself and be like those arent gonna fit..and they do. When I bought my first pair of jeans size 10, I wanted to leave the sticker on the leg saying the size because I was so proud of it!!

Hey fellow youngsters i am 26 and i wish i had known about this 10 years ago. I feel as though is was robbed of my childhood because of my weight but im gonna make up for and then some once i start losing weight. congrats to those that have already begun the journey.

I feel as though is was robbed of my childhood because of my weight but im gonna make up for and then some once i start losing weight.

I feel like that too! I missed out on so much stuff because of my weight..funny story in my pfw (gym) class the other day we had to jump rope, Ive never jumped rope because I hated my fat bouncing..I was the only one in class who didn't know how...I did it..very badly, but my fat wasnt really bouncing

Now that Ive lost this weight Im horseback riding and I go float the river in a bathingsuit and Im taking karate and I actually went skinnydipping..I wouldve never done that before this surgery..up next: a tattoo and rollercoasters!

ok, so where do i begin??? i'm 24, soon to be 25 in march,2008. i have been overweight my whole life. i got my body frame from my grandma on dad's side, wide frame, lots in the boobage & ASSests, thick calves even when i did the stint when i was thin; why couldn't i get everything from my momma? she's ALWAYS been skinny, she's now 50 and weighs 130.:eek: grrr, and guess what? my little brother has her body type. what the hell???

i did go on every single diet you can think of when i was in high school; popped every diet pill under the sun. i finally went on Atkins at 15 and went from 240 to 200 and was about a size 12. oh, did i mention i suffered from depression and always turned to food? ?? yeah, so that weight came back time after time after time.

at 18, i was weighing 220-230 and i don't know why, but i turned to plastic surgery, thinking liposuction would be the answer. that day came, and i can't remember how much the doctor took out from me(((was a lot tho))). but what i do remember is he put me on a strict diet and exercise routine and i went down to 190 and was a size 8/10...i looked great. but you know what? about a year or so, my depression crept back into my life, and yes, i gained ALL the weight back and then some.

flash forward to me at 22. i figured the root of my problem that caused depression...it was me. i was never happy with my image of me. i finally learned to love myself and accept that my body is my body and just love it. my confidence as a "skinny" chick when i first had Lipo came back, but i was a fat chick and I had no problem with it...i still don't.

now, married and there is something bigger at play here. my reproductive health is suffering from me being fat. my husband and i want to have a baby and can't because i'm fat. i would never forgive myself if i b.s. my time now that i'm young, and stay fat, rather than do what i can and loose weight now and use all tools and resources available to me.

i believe you need to have the right mindset before you go into LB surgery or any other sort of wls and realize there is a new lifestyle you will have to follow. you need to train yourself now, and realize this is it, there's no turning back.

young or old, we're all in this together and this may not be a choice for someone else, but it is for you...remember, that's what matters...