Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An English Sleever's Journey

Glad you managed to have a full night's sleep Madam R. I will keep my fingers crossed it carries on getting better - I think sometimes when we feel so well in other ways, it's easy to forget that our bodies have gone through major surgery and it's going to take a while for things to get back to some semblance of normality - I know I have been guilty of this in the past few days!

Thanks redbean! Luckily I am not feeling too heartbroken now - I'm 23 and went from university to working full time and living with him. I have 6 months lease left on the apartment and I am planning, as I will be much more confident and active by then (fingers crossed!) to have a bit of an adventure while I still can and have no real responsibilities. My plan is to hopefully secure a working visa to spend a year in Canada - a winter in Whistler sounds good to me at this point!

Sounds like you are better off without him, Natalie:) Canada is beautiful! I would love to go back for a visit someday!! And I do believe by 6 months out you will have more energy so it would be perfect to travel!!!

Has he moved out then, Nathalie?

I couldn't recommend going and seeing the world more highly. Having done it myself - it changes you. And totally for the better.

Next on my list to do is.... The South Pacific... (I want to be part of my own Blue Lagoon film. Just without the unplanned pregnancy!)

Back to work today - two of my colleagues commented that I look like I have lost weight! Yesssss!!

Another benefit I have noticed is that I had very red stretch marks on my stomach. I am sure I am not imagining it but it seems they have faded an awful lot. Has anybody else noticed this?

Back to work today - two of my colleagues commented that I look like I have lost weight! Yesssss!! Another benefit I have noticed is that I had very red stretch marks on my stomach. I am sure I am not imagining it but it seems they have faded an awful lot. Has anybody else noticed this?

I bet it felt great when they noticed!! Congrats to you:) and as far as the stretch marks, i don't have really red ones so I cannot comment.

That's awesome that they commented! I bet that made you feel fab! How's the eating & drinking going now? Any less queasy? I got my sleeve date yay- Nov 20 get here now! Take care thanks for the update!

Keep forgetting to update this thread. Oops! Weighed myself today - I am down from 240lb the day before my 2 week pre op diet to 201lb this morning. So I am down 39lb in 6 and a half weeks. So close to Onederland!!

I'm definitely not eating enough though - and I know I'm not. I have absolutely no interest in food and I am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to eat anything - especially as I am still on purées so my choices are kind of limited. I'm trying to make sure I drink half a (UK) pint of milk a day and sometimes supplement my calories with a teaspoon of smooth Peanut Butter before bed. I'm seeing my surgeon and nutritionist next week so hopefully they will be able to help.

Apart from that though, I feel amazing! I already have so much more confidence and I wore a pair of heels all day yesterday without being in agony. I seem to be choosing to be more active too now - I have started walking to a train station that's further away on my way to work. And I do it without even thinking! I sweat a lot less too. I can't wait till I can start exercising properly.

I hope everybody else is doing good!!

As of today I am officially in Onederland!! 198.8lbs!! Woohooooo!

Well done!! That's fantastic!!

Thank you, Sanks!! How are you doing?