Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An English Sleever's Journey

Okay, fully jealous. I want to go on holiday!!! (And have meatballs! ;) ) x

Okay' date=' fully jealous. I want to go on holiday!!! (And have meatballs! ;) ) x[/quote']

I spent my birthday in hospital (2 days post op) so I'm making up for it.. There will come a time when you get sick of meatballs.. They're so easy to tolerate.. They become your new bestie :) hope you have a better sleep tonight x

Bad day today. I have been so hungry - physically and mentally! I would have chopped my arm off for a sandwich!

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with semi skimmed milk

Snack: Nectarine

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs with mixed salad

Snack: banana

Dinner: 60g baked salmon with cauliflower 'rice' Weightwatchers yoghurt

And then I have just eaten the other half of my salmon fillet that I was leaving for my lunch tomorrow. Argh I am so cross with myself! I know there are worse things I could have cheated with, but I don't want to lose control. Tomorrow is a new day!

Hope you ladies are ok!!

Bad day today. I have been so hungry - physically and mentally! I would have chopped my arm off for a sandwich!

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with semi skimmed milk

Snack: Nectarine

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs with mixed salad

Snack: banana

Dinner: 60g baked salmon with cauliflower 'rice' Weightwatchers yoghurt

And then I have just eaten the other half of my salmon fillet that I was leaving for my lunch tomorrow. Argh I am so cross with myself! I know there are worse things I could have cheated with' date=' but I don't want to lose control. Tomorrow is a new day!

Hope you ladies are ok!![/quote']

Hey there!! It's the carb thingy!! Just wondered..anything else you could have for Breakfast??? To keep you going (rice crispies a bit like cardboard really) could you have a poached egg or a boiled egg?? Are you aiming for a certain amt of calories?? Or like a slice or two of ham and avocado for Breakfast? ? My other suggestion to control hunger and feel more satisfied would be to ditch the WW yoghurt and just go for an organic one instead (WW so many artificial sweeteners etc, and they add starch to make it taste better.. So yet more carb/sugar cravings?? Soooo close!!!

I would prefer to have eggs for breakfast, but my diet from my provider says that for breakfast I should either have 1 slice of toast with low fat spread, sugar free Cereal with milk, or 2 Ryvita with low fat soft cheese. I can't face soft cheese in the morning, and I though toast would be even less filling!!

Ooh I hadn't even considered that about the yoghurt - I will have a look in the supermarket after work today - although again it has to be very low fat and low sugar which proves quite difficult!!

How is your week going? Are those 3lb on their way off??

I don't weigh that often so I'll have a surprise at the hospital on Friday morning.. I'm sure they have gone tho :)

Hello I'm Richard from Cheltenham Gloucestershire and my surgery is 9 th of October .. Be string and we are all in this with you ..

Hello I'm Richard from Cheltenham Gloucestershire and my surgery is 9 th of October .. Be string and we are all in this with you ..

Hi Richard... Not long now!! Very exciting for you... Are you on pre op diet at the moment or are you lucky to escape it?

Hi Richard!

Great to hear from you - how are you doing?

Much better today! I guess my stomach is just having to adjust to not being stretched constantly over the day. I can't believe how good I feel today - I have so much energy and my stomach is noticeably less bloated and round. I don't ever want to let myself get to the point where I was so addicted to carbs ever again, they have clearly been doing me no good.

My skin is awful though, which is very annoying as my face is normally really clear. Hopefully it's just my body adjusting.

So, to keep me accountable, today I had:

Breakfast:

Rice Krispies with semi skimmed milk

Snack:

Apple

Lunch:

1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice ham, mixed salad

Snack:

banana

Dinner: Half a pitta with spiced chicken, peppers and onions.

Gone without my yoghurt tonight as I have realised I don't need it - I can't believe how little I have been happy eating today. Calorie wise I probably would have eaten that in at just one of my meals before I was on this eating plan!

Pre-op diet is still going well although I have had a low cal hot chocolate for lunch today instead of food - I am just not really all that hungry!

I have lost 8lb in 7 days though so I am really pleased :).

This time next week I will hopefully have been sleeved!

Sorry about late reply ... I have been on a pre op diet of 800 calories a day which was the best option for me as I can use calories for milk in Decaf coffee and also have polo mints as well as a little normal ish food I have lost 11 kilo in three weeks and have pre op appointment in the morning ( October the 1st) .. I am a bit like a fish out of Water in hospitals and am beginning to get apprehensive but I know without it the weight I have currently lost will return

Good luck with your pre-op, Richard! Let us know how it goes? Mine is on Friday, the day before my operation.

Don't worry about the hospital either - I'm sure they'll make it as relaxing and calming as possible for you! I had to go into hospital for the first time for something unrelated for the first time last summer. I cried my eyes out when they told me I had to stay, but by the end of my 5 days there I didn't want to go home! So nice to have somebody making you cups of tea and changing your bed! And knowing there are so many people there to look after you!

How is your pre-op going? It sounds like we're on something similar. I'm on day 11 and have lost 11 lb so I'm hoping my surgeon will be pleased with that :)

Found out last night that my boyfriend 'hasn't loved me for a long time' and has been (at least) sending very inappropriate texts to somebody else. I'm devastated. At such a loss as to what to do.

Normally I would have used this as an excuse to eat everything in sight though, but I am still sticking really well to my pre-op diet. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow so hopefully concentrating on my op and getting better will take my mind off it all.

Found out last night that my boyfriend 'hasn't loved me for a long time' and has been (at least) sending very inappropriate texts to somebody else. I'm devastated. At such a loss as to what to do.

Normally I would have used this as an excuse to eat everything in sight though' date=' but I am still sticking really well to my pre-op diet. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow so hopefully concentrating on my op and getting better will take my mind off it all.[/quote']

I read your text and my heart broke for you...I can give you my advice as a over 40 single mom of two adult children ages 22 & 25...be VERY glad that you found this out before getting into marriage and having children.I am very proud that you are still able to focus on YOURSELF during this challenging time. Move forward in your goals to better yourself and know that in time GOD will send someone inn your life that will love & appreciate you for the beautiful woman you are inside & out. Stay encouraged and keep the real "prize" (YOURSELF) happy!