Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Well, today has been exactly one week since I had my lap band surgery, and with walking and everything else being done to the letter since then, today was the first official weigh in.

I still feel great with absolutely no pain at all, and not even hungry that much, though I am craving a grilled chicken salad like no tomorrow. LOL.

Anyway....this week's official total is *drum roll*.....

goodscales.gif23 pounds gone!

That's great!!! :clap2:

That's AWESOME,Lori. I'm so jealous! I'm 10 days post surgery and have lost 10 lbs. But, it is 10 lbs! I'll take what I can get. Keep up the good work!

That's AWESOME,Lori. I'm so jealous! I'm 10 days post surgery and have lost 10 lbs. But, it is 10 lbs! I'll take what I can get. Keep up the good work!

Just remember, though, that 10 pounds is two five pound bags of sugar!:biggrin1:

Just remember, though, that 10 pounds is two five pound bags of sugar!:biggrin1:

True, one on each hip! :P

Way to go Lori!!!! Today I am 9 days post op and ame down 21 pounds. I had to put a call into my nurse because I can not and I mean CAN NOT drink another Protein Shake. I am starting to gag on them. Well she asked the PA and now I am on creamy soups!!!! Yes!!! I also went out and got me the Magic Bullet.

Mrs. Husker, sounds like you are doing great! Know what you mean about gagging on shakes. With me it was Slimfast. Never drank another after pre-op diet. Just thin your cream Soup down a little. I made some potato soup (creamy) and kept it in the frig. Just scooped me out a cup when needed. I lived on it nearly, that and Tomato Soup for 2 weeks post-op. Then quite a bit of it the following two weeks, as I still couldn't have too much else. This week I started soft veggies, ect. It is the long run you have to keep thinking about. That pouch has to heal in place for the most success. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted. Take care.

as long as u are dedicated to this u will do great!!!!! Just dont let the fact that you USED to eat like a gavone get you crazy... u CAN!!!!!!! do this if u want to!:clap2:

try a high Protein Drink God knows, it helps & put it in ur head that that is a GREAT idea. its all in there. I promise

You're in good company! I've lost 10 lbs since our band day, too!:rockon:

I wish I had lost more. So far I've just lost the 8lbs that I gained due to the IV fluids. I'm actually hoping to still be retaining Fluid :welldoneclap:

Mrs. Husker, sounds like you are doing great! Know what you mean about gagging on shakes. With me it was Slimfast. Never drank another after pre-op diet. Just thin your cream Soup down a little. I made some potato soup (creamy) and kept it in the frig. Just scooped me out a cup when needed. I lived on it nearly, that and Tomato Soup for 2 weeks post-op.

I've been doing cream Soups too without a problem, as long as I strain them (getting out chunks such as chicken, broccoli, etc). Good thing, because if I never see another cup of broth or diluted juice again, it would be too soon for me. LOL! On the other hand, I can deal with sugar free Popsicles for sweet attacks! YUM! Especially the orange and cherry ones.:biggrin1:

dashar, Congratulations on your surgery date! You will be so glad you did. I can't tell you what a relief it has been for me to have hope again that I will finally stop failing with my struggle at losing weight.

If you go up to the menu bar and do a "search" for "Ticker Factory", you'll get some listings of good threads with instructions on how to add your ticker to you signature. Good luck!

Thank you so much Sophie, so far so good no compliactions at all thus far. My surgery went really well, but I am still waiting to get on the scale next week. I want a great surprise. thank you for taking time to respond to my input.

Sally

I'm coming down with a really bad cold tonight. Does anyone know what cold medications are okay? Nyquil? It always works for me. I'm on mushies now--only banded 10 days so I want to be really careful. Ideas? Thanks (cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle)...