Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Chatgirl,

I had the same thing happen. For me, it did stop when I went to full liquids. If it continues check with your Dr., when I went for my post -op visit I let them know about the problem and they told me if it came back to call the office because it could be a reaction from a the antibiotics given during the surgery which will sometimes cause a bacteria to form in the bowel. Good Luck.

Thanks for an answer on that. I guess not too many people must have had this problem. I guess its comforting to know at least one onther person besides my DH. One more week of this and full liquids. :)

weight.png

i would like to see a new thread but with all of us march banded people......... too many pages on this thread, it really gets difficult to keep up...

Best of luck to you Sara. I will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers Monday. Keep us posted on your progress.

Well guys,

I'm having my surgery on Monday, so wish me luck! I thought I was going to originally be a March bandster, but I tell you what, this month has flown by hasnt it! I've gained a lot of knowledge from you all over the last month, on how you have coped with the surgery, and your recomendations on managing the pain and the post op diet, so thank you all.....its been quite a journey, and I'm just about to get on the 'ride' with you all.

God bless

hi Sharon..i also had my surgery on 3/12. what are you eating these days? I still get pretty tired, but feeling fine otherwise.

Well guys,

I'm having my surgery on Monday, so wish me luck! I thought I was going to originally be a March bandster, but I tell you what, this month has flown by hasnt it! I've gained a lot of knowledge from you all over the last month, on how you have coped with the surgery, and your recomendations on managing the pain and the post op diet, so thank you all.....its been quite a journey, and I'm just about to get on the 'ride' with you all.

God bless

Sara,

Happy to have you aboard! :) Good Luck and we will be looking out to see your progress. Any questions or if the stress just gets to you just post and everyone here will help you through. :hug: Hugs from the Marchies.....

MAGNOLIA--

actually i am supposed to be eating my soft foods or blended... but i ahve been eating real food since day 3 post op... i just make sure i can chew chew chew...

i felt great until this week... i had lots of extra energy, but this week i feel drained and sometimes nausiated... i got my first fill on tuesday of 1cc i received my fill 4 weeks early because the dr said i was progressing great... fine by me.

i think i am just over stressed lately... i work fulltime, coach soccer, attend classes and clinicals in the evenings and spare time... not to mention married an d4 children that have to be taken from one event to another and to school etc..... stress i think just worn out...

have you felt any dpression? i have... i know that sometimes anesthesia can cause depression mostly in women... maybe that is all it is... hopefully it will pass soon.. i am really emotional and let things bother me that normally would just roll off my back. especially at work.. several lco-workers realized this too.

hope you are doing great~~~

Had my surgery on Thursday March 29, 2007. Wow.... So i am now banded.... I had a few problems with anestetic, but all in all, i am doing fine. Had to stay in the hospital for 2 days do to this complication.

I am finally home and finished my first real meal... 3 ounces of broth and some isopure... LOL not at the same time mind you. I did space it out. But it is the first meal i was able to eat. I am tolorating the gas pain. My port is very sore. The said that they had to place it farther to the left because my spleen was to large that the doctor feared of knicking it.

I have lost 9 pounds since the 29th. Yes, It could be just Water I am losing, but anything helps :-)

I am having my husband pick up some gas x, there are the chewable and the dissolve tabs.... which has any of you prefered?

Will be on here a lot I am sure... I hope to learn as much as possible. It seems that now that I am banded, its a whole new world than before.

Hello Autumn - glad you are home. I was banded the same day as you and came home on Friday. I'm doing pretty well. Giving up on the vicodin though - it makes me feel too darn loopy! So far I've had Tomato Soup, pudding and applesauce. I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm almost afraid to. My face looks bloated and my belly is very swollen. I'm afraid I'll weigh more than when I went in.

momlambert;

With all the stuff going on with your Dad; that causes a huge amount of stress; so maybe even you should think about having a back up prescription in the cupboard too, so when you mention this to your surgeon's nurse tell her you want an extra prescription "just in case" you feel something coming on at 6pm on Friday night, so you won't have to bug her over the weekend.

Stress always causes me to get sick. And really I only get sick maybe 1x per year or every couple years, but definately everytime each of my parents passed on.

Thanks, Pam. I do think you are right about stress (that and being in so many doctors' offices and hospitals the last few weeks with all the germs). I have an appt. with the dr. on Friday for my 2-week check up so I think I will ask about a back-up prescription.

I am feeling tons better--just a pesky runny nose now. Coughing is minimal and if I hold on to my port site it doesn't hurt much.

Thanks for the suggestions! Karen

Thanks for an answer on that. I guess not too many people must have had this problem. I guess its comforting to know at least one onther person besides my DH. One more week of this and full liquids. :confused:

weight.png

I think MOST people have this problem from what I received in response to my similar question last week. I didn't have it clear up for me until I started mushies 8 days after surgery--the full liquids didn't help. Read back several pages and you will see lots of discussion on it. Several people said "remember--liquids in, liquids out." Someone else said that if you drink through a straw you can poop through a straw. Funny. Good luck!

Had my surgery on Thursday March 29, 2007. Wow.... So i am now banded.... I had a few problems with anestetic, but all in all, i am doing fine. Had to stay in the hospital for 2 days do to this complication.

I am finally home and finished my first real meal... 3 ounces of broth and some isopure... LOL not at the same time mind you. I did space it out. But it is the first meal i was able to eat. I am tolorating the gas pain. My port is very sore. The said that they had to place it farther to the left because my spleen was to large that the doctor feared of knicking it.

I have lost 9 pounds since the 29th. Yes, It could be just Water I am losing, but anything helps :-)

I am having my husband pick up some gas x, there are the chewable and the dissolve tabs.... which has any of you prefered?

Will be on here a lot I am sure... I hope to learn as much as possible. It seems that now that I am banded, its a whole new world than before.

So far, I'm loving the dissolve tabs, but I haven't tried the chewable. So far I'm down 10lbs, so I know what you mean about thinking it's water weight. The gas pain for me has been coming and going, but what they say is totally correct. The more you move the better! :confused:

I am not even hungery. Haven't been since surgery. But today I just want to eat and eat and eat. I know it is head hungery but I have never had to deal with it before. I think I will be doing a lot of knitting just to get my mind off of it. It is raining outside so I can't get out and walk. I am thinking that that is the reason for the head hunger. I am uesd to walking all the time. So I must just be very, very bored.

hi everyone,

i had my surgery yesterday.

i'm doing pretty well today.

yesterday was filled with alot of nausea amd pain in left shoulder. but everything else was fine.

today i'm in better shape but sleeping alot. its raining here today so a good day to sleep.< /p>

anyway i just wanted to say hi to all of you as we are in the same month