Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

hi everyone,

i had my surgery yesterday.

i'm doing pretty well today.

yesterday was filled with alot of nausea amd pain in left shoulder. but everything else was fine.

today i'm in better shape but sleeping alot. its raining here today so a good day to sleep.< /p>

anyway i just wanted to say hi to all of you as we are in the same month

Congrats on joining the BANDwagon and welcome to the March bandsters. Good luck to you! Hope you have a speedy recovery. Karen

Sharon, yes I definitely got post-op depression. I went to the Dr and got some meds and am feeling a little better. All of a sudden in the last two days I have gotten a bit of an appetite back, and am starting to feel some of the pain in the sternum whne you eat too fast/much...ouch..although thankfully i have not had a pb yet. My dr is waiting till after 6 weeks for my fill, I am going to the carribbean for a week on 4/21 and then I will have the fill when i get back. I have just started eating real food and it is a lot of work:) chew chew chew...when i used to scarf everything down. I imagine you get usd to this at some point.

let me know how you feel from the fill?

so far i hav enot felt much if any difference with the fill... i have not felt restirction at all, i have basically been restricting myself. i cut it off at a point.... actually maybe 3 times i got hiccups an di will attribute that to eating too fast or too much or drinking too fast. nt dr said that most people won't really feel the restriction until the 2nd or 3rd fill.

To everyone with the diarrhea problem (including me)......please understand....antibiotics KILL bacteria, they do not cause them to form. What happens is the antibiotics they give you as a precaution before the surgery KILL Lactobacillus acidophilus, which is the GOOD BACTERIA that lives in your gut normally and helps keep you healthy. Did your doctor/whoever not tell you that after killing all the bacteria, including the good one, after three days on liquids, you will probably be having diarrhea??? UNLESS you start drinking or taking ACTIVE !!!! yogurt cultures (not the cheap ones, those cultures are dead, so like Activia or Nancy's brand active yogurt cultures) or taking Lactobacillus supplements (Pills) to re-colonate your gut with the good bacterium. I went to Dr. Ortiz in Mexico and his nutritionist knew that. So, if you hate plain yogurt, get the drinkable stuff that is ACTIVE CULTURE, check the label, or if you hate yogurt, get the Lactobacillus pills from the health food store. If you are afraid of eating yogurt too early, thin it with lowfat milk or something, that won't kill the Lactobacillus. Really, it does repopulate your gut with the bacteria you need, both for digestion and to avoid (excuse me, guys) yeast infections.

AMRDMR

Tammyj:

Help me understand "why" create a new thread? What would the new thread do that this one doesn't or does? What would be the difference? I think I am missing something.

This thread is so long and I just thought a fresh thread would be nice and easier to follow along. Anyhow, here's the link for the new thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/marchies-april-t32501.html?p=431340#post431340

See you guys there!

Mrs. Husker'

I am with you I have alot of head hunger. We were banded on the same day, I see.

The aroma's and textures of food I see, is what is so hard.

But, I can say I am not really hungry.

How are your pants fitting? Mine are STILL so tight. I am now able to sleep on my tummy, so I am hoping to squish the swelling and gas out.LOL:)

Welcome too all the new March banders, the pain will pass before you know it.

Good news, I went in to Dr. Rodriguez for a check up ~ (two weeks out from surgery), I wasn't feeling the 'restriction' I kept hearing about, so since I vomited twice the night of surgery, I was concerened about slippage. He saw me this morning and everything looks great, I guess that feeling will come with my first fill?!

I'm starting the mushy stage today, so far the variety is nice.

~~~Thanks for all the support~~~

Banded March 19, 2007

Dr. Jose Rodriguez ~ Acuna, MX

Starting wt. 233

3/19/07 222

current 210

Goal 135

weight.png

That is so nice to hear. Now repost this on our new thread lol :Dhttp://www.lapbandtalk.com/marchies-...340#post431340

Good news, I went in to Dr. Rodriguez for a check up ~ (two weeks out from surgery), I wasn't feeling the 'restriction' I kept hearing about, so since I vomited twice the night of surgery, I was concerened about slippage. He saw me this morning and everything looks great, I guess that feeling will come with my first fill?!

I'm starting the mushy stage today, so far the variety is nice.

~~~Thanks for all the support~~~

Banded March 19, 2007

Dr. Jose Rodriguez ~ Acuna, MX

Starting wt. 233

3/19/07 222

current 210

Goal 135

weight.png

Ok. today @ 2:45 was my post op appointment and 1st fill. I walked in, & they weighed me. I was kind of dreading this because 1. It's that 'special' time of the month 2. I've been hungry 3. this weekend, though I still didn't eat volume wise what I normally do, ate things I shouldn't have, like bread and brownies 4. last but not least, I weigh about 4 lbs heavier in the afternoon than I do in the a.m. Water retention I guess.

Much to my delight I have maintained myself at 318.. I was 331.5 on the day of surgery, which means I weighed even more than that before surgery and lost some before because of the hellacious pre-op 'all food is evil so you must drink your meals' diet. So I lost around 20 lbs and have kept it off without gaining any before my fill. From what I've been reading on the forums, some people gain before their 1st fill so HOOfreakinRAH for me!:clap2:

They had a "basket 'o Needles sitting on the desk.. boy that cheered me up and fast.:faint: Todd was like... well look honey.. they aren't THAT big...

Dr. Morton thought my incisions sites looked great and where healing V well. They also thought my matching tie dyed undies/sports bra and socks were a hoot, I informed them that of course, I wore them for this ever so special of occasions. At this point, they had me laying down on the table in my colorful skivies and it occurred to me that this bragging on my homemade undies was a clever ploy for them to distract me from the bee sting of a numbing shot they administered to the incision on my sternum. I think Todd's fingers may still be tingling...:rolleyes but I have to admit.. it was like a baby bee sting and not one of those big A$$ scary bees....

So.. after this he sticks in the saline needle and all I feel is pressure, I was like.. wow, that's kind of weird, he then informed me that he was going to help me SIT UP with said needle protruding from my sternum. uh....:guess

He gave me his hand and helped me sit up.. I didn't pass out or anything! In fact at this point, I didn't feel a thing but I guess my eyes were still bugged out like a fly in a frog pit cause he commented on my expression..:D

It was kind of weird to look down and see a needle sticking out of me but, it didn't hurt:)

They then gave me a cup holding 9 ounces of water and asked me to sip on it. Apparently the band I have holds 4 thingies of saline (cc's maybe?) and while I sat there drank water and burped profusely he put in 2.2 thingies of Fluid. He seemed pretty happy with how it was sounding and he pulled out the needle and slapped on a bandaid. I was like... 'THAT's IT?" As I predicted, I felt silly for being to worked up over this. It all took about 10 minutes from weigh in/strip down to fill up.

I was grinning like a cat in the fish market on the way up front because my stomach had been growling like crazy when I got there and all the sudden.. I was FULL. HOLY CRAP>>>> I went from ravenous beast to pleasantly just ate full.... on 9 ounces of water. NICE. I scheduled my next appointment for 3 weeks from now to weigh in and see if I need more fluid in my band. I am on liquids until wednesday afternoon then I can switch to soft stuff like cottage cheese/apple sauce then gradually at my own pace, work up to real food again.

I am ever so slightly sore now where my port is and he said I might bruise a little. I got a Protein Drink and some veggie juice for supper and right now I'm full as a tick.:)

You're hilarious, Synicalchick! Can't wait for my fill, now. But I'm sure it won't be as great as yours was. I have another month to anticipate...

You should post this at the new site so everyone can see it, but maybe you already have. Good luck adjusting to the fill! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Karen

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w049aak/]

weight.png

I am trying to figure out how to get my ticker to show up on this forum with my posts. Not very computer literate, but love these tickers. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Wow...it worked. Finally I feel like a real part of the lap-band family. lol I was banded on March 22, 2007, by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I am working through my 3 weeks of liquids, but still have some cravings. So far, so good. I love these forums, they have saved my sanity. Thank you all for being there. This has been a life long struggle and I am looking forward to finally losing weight and keeping it off. Here's to all of us!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kathy

Geez... ok what did I do wrong. I got the ticker to show up once and I thought it would just show up each time I posted. What do I do to make that haopen, or do I have to insert it each time?

Kathy