Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Process and Approval through Empire BCBS

Went in for my meeting with surgeon today and I got APPROVED, like literally Monday then today APPROVAL is official.

Let me say first off, I DID NOT have to do a 6 month diet through my insurance (Empire BCBS of CA-Anthem)

I started my journey on July 18th by going to a Seminar. My first visit with the surgeon was July mid 20's. He told me ALL the requirements. I finished them all by August 31th, except for Echo, but thats only needed for cardiovascular clearance.

Pre-op requirements

​Letter of recommendation from Primary Care stating medical necessity

Pulmonary Clearance

sleep Study ( I ended up doing 2 because the first one showed i had slight sleep apnea)

Endoscopy (found mild hiatal hernia)

Full Blood Work

Cardiovascular Clearance (echo, stress test)

Arterial Doppler and Sonogram of Organs

Psychological Evaluatiion

I had started doing 6 month supervised JUST IN CASE they denied me, but i didnt..wasnt a waste. I learned alot

Today I started a partial Optifast pre op diet. Basically a shake for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner something healthy and light, also one snack bar during the day. that's for one week. Next week I will start the FULL liquid Protein shake diet. MY surgery is the 21 of OCT.

YAY!!

Currently pigging out on Chinese food...IM starting this diet TOMORROW morning :/

Any questions FEEL FREE TO ASK. You can follow my journey on instagram too _oct21 :)

I ALMOST CRIED IN THE OFFICE WITH APPROVAL lol...

ooo my stats because i know mobile can see

height: 5'5

original weight: 268

Current weight: 265.5

Goal Weight: 150

Congratulations!....I wish mine would come back APPROVED so quickly.

Congratulations!....I wish mine would come back APPROVED so quickly.

Thank You! I have so many mixed feelings....It almost seems to easy, like im getting punked or something lol.

I know what you mean about feeling punked. Mine was even easier.

Went to see the Surgeon August 1st.

Paid my program fee August 15th

Saw the NUT August 16th

Saw the psychologist August 20th

Case submitted to insurance company

Approved.

Surgery October 22nd

The best part was when the Surgeon's office told me what my portion of the surgery would be.....$427.07

I wanted an email or something in writing. I was like woot woot.

I have hated my inurance company up until now, but you can't fight city hall.

We almost have the same date :) Congrats and good luck! This is super exciting.

That's great newd...Congrats!!

I know what you mean about feeling punked. Mine was even easier.

Went to see the Surgeon August 1st.

Paid my program fee August 15th

Saw the NUT August 16th

Saw the psychologist August 20th

Case submitted to insurance company

Approved.

Surgery October 22nd

The best part was when the Surgeon's office told me what my portion of the surgery would be.....$427.07

I wanted an email or something in writing. I was like woot woot.

I have hated my inurance company up until now, but you can't fight city hall.

We almost have the same date :) Congrats and good luck! This is super exciting.

Wow. That's fast. I started the process August 16th. So mine has gone fairly quick; EXCEPT, for the approval....just waiting.