Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horizon NJ Health, 12 month wait?

Hi ladies.... I called the office today to ask about my psych clearance I had in December to see if it was still usable and while I had her on the phone I asked to switch and she did I can continue to use everything and since they are now associates I believe it is actually easier because they already have my file in the system .... I will just be seeing Dr Neff now instead of Dr G.... So I am excited because Dr Neff does more sleeves and Dr G is more LapBands....

That's great that it all worked out for you!! If you need anything let me know today is my 2 months out :) and I couldn't be happier with Dr.Neff :) good luck

Hi ladies.... I called the office today to ask about my psych clearance I had in December to see if it was still usable and while I had her on the phone I asked to switch and she did I can continue to use everything and since they are now associates I believe it is actually easier because they already have my file in the system .... I will just be seeing Dr Neff now instead of Dr G.... So I am excited because Dr Neff does more sleeves and Dr G is more LapBands....

Great! Were you able to have the same appointment day? I gotta call them back again, they said they were busy and would return my call on Monday.

Also horizon covered both my nutritionist and psych

Nice! My nutritionist is supposedly covered, at my local hospital. When I called Horizon for a list of psychs who could do a bariatric clearance someone said they were not covered. May I ask how you got it covered?

Alright folks, I'm on board too. I switched to Neff today. Have an appointment the 25th, so fortunately it's not holding anything up switching. Three days earlier actually.

Alright folks' date=' I'm on board too. I switched to Neff today. Have an appointment the 25th, so fortunately it's not holding anything up switching. Three days earlier actually.[/quote']

Good luck and if you need anything let me know :) I hope you are as happy with him as I am :)

Good luck and if you need anything let me know :) I hope you are as happy with him as I am :)

Thanks! Like everyone who is looking to take this drastic step I am devouring as much info as I can get, so anything you would like to share is welcome. How long did Neff make you wait to drive or go back to work? Were you in a lot of pain, for how long? Anything that you felt surprised by?

Thanks! Like everyone who is looking to take this drastic step I am devouring as much info as I can get' date=' so anything you would like to share is welcome. How long did Neff make you wait to drive or go back to work? Were you in a lot of pain, for how long? Anything that you felt surprised by?[/quote']

I was a me to drive when I stopped taking the pain meds and could deal just from Tylenol. I was not in pain in my actual stomach. Where my incisions are hurt. There was a lot of pulling and weird sensations. I had to sleep on just my back for about 4 weeks. The mindf*ck was honestly the hardest part. You go from being used to eating whatever u want to bein ridiculously limited. I wouldn't change it for the world but everyone is different. I am NEVER hungry but I know people who have had the surgery who say they are hungry all the time. It's really important to learn the difference between actual hunger and head hunger. If you can overcome head hunger u will be good :)

Great! Were you able to have the same appointment day? I gotta call them back again, they said they were busy and would return my call on Monday.

Yes... I am keeping everything on the same track... My next appointment is November 21st and if I have everything done I believe it will get submitted on that day!!! Fingers crossed...

Thank you so much for all the info and I am so very glad we are "Sleeve Sisters" .... Maybe one day when we are all sleeved we can meet up somewhere and take walk or do something healthy... Since my first instinct is to say meet for lunch or coffee... But... Now I gotta figure a new way to socialize.... But hey maybe we can all learn together... :)

Thank you so much for all the info and I am so very glad we are "Sleeve Sisters" .... Maybe one day when we are all sleeved we can meet up somewhere and take walk or do something healthy... Since my first instinct is to say meet for lunch or coffee... But... Now I gotta figure a new way to socialize.... But hey maybe we can all learn together... :)

Meeting up would be great and I'm always available if you need help with anything or just have questions. I'm training for a 5k now and registered for the mudderella in may. You ladies could totally sign up if ull be recovered by then and we could do it together :)

Sounds good to me! Have you ever been to the Cape May County Park and Zoo? It was named #3 in the nation by trip advisory and it is a FREE zoo! Lots of places to walk around, things to see.

I live 10 minutes away from the CMC zoo!!

I live 10 minutes away from the CMC zoo!!

Oh really! I'm in Villas, how about you?

Woodbine

Woodbine

Well, howdy neighbor!

I wish Cape Regional still offered weight loss surgery support groups. I'd like to participate in one but the closest one that I found, which also happens to be free to everyone regardless of where your surgery is done, is Atlanticare. That's a little hike. Wonder why Cape Regional ever stopped.