Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your kryptonite and how do you handle it?

I know we all have different cravings & likes/dislikes but I am curious to what food is your downfall & what do u have a difficult time resisting???

Add to that what do u do to get past the temptation??

Mine is Cola ICEEs... Oh for YUM. I have the most difficult time passing these up. Thankfully it's not too often that I crave an ICEE but when I can't resist, I get a small (rather than a large) and just drink a small amount of it

Mine is the mini Peanut Butter cups that Trader Joe's sells in a 12 oz. tub. They are like crack to me.

So, when I go to TJ's, I avoid the aisle they are on unless I absolutely have to go there. And if I do have to go there, I actually walk by them (I know where they are shelved, believe me) with my eyes averted and refuse to even look at them.

So far, so good . . .

macaroni salad.< /p>

When I eat too much I can no longer leap tall buildings or see through walls, crime goes on unchecked and the world suffers.

Fried chicken.... I have given in a couple of times but thankfully I can only eat half a piece now!

Usually I will go for a roast chicken instead which I don't feel bad about because its healthy and yummy

Mine is cherry flavored hard candies. I can't seem to get enough of them! Thankfully there are some options out there that are sugar free! I am answering this thread with one in my mouth as I type! Haha!

Potato chips. Specifically kettle cooked jalapeño or salt and vinegar.

I buy the for the family but I refuse to pack their lunches now. If I even touch an open bag, there's trouble. If I do succumb, I measure out a serving, put it in a baggie, crush the chips a bit so there are small pieces and savor slooooooooowly.

That little piece of chocolate that has a mind of its own and gets lonely making me have a few more pieces , just to give it company!!! Hell ...LINDTS are the best and the worse... :( :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Oh i forgot to add...i handle it by simply avoiding the chocolate aisle in the supermarket... Sometimes they mysteriously end up in my cart though!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Mine is soft pretzels, I work as a projectionist at a drive in movie in the summer for fun and we have soft pretzels in the concession stand and that is the one thing I can not stop myself from getting when i'm there. So I had to start on the days when I know I was working the drive ins I would eat less all day to leave room in my calorie numbers for that soft pretzel, and I just didn't worry about the carbs on those days. I think that if you try to deny yourself the things you crave the most you are doomed to fail so I find ways to incorporate them into my plan. Good Luck.

There are so many foods that could be my downfall!!

I've not been tempted YET to have them but I'm sure at some point I will.

pizza, Pasta, bread, Bagels, mexican, gooey casseroles, etc...

Pretty much all comfort foods though I also did some damage with candy, chips, sweets, etc.. in the past.

I'm around this all the time now at work but really have had no desire to eat any of it YET ;)

I know I can eat small amounts of some of these foods and prepare them in a healthier way but just haven't done it yet since I'm still doing the Protein 1st thing and don't have room when I'm done.

All things that are bad. Potato chips, chocolate, ice cream. It is so very hard to stay away from these things. I do indulge occasionally and that is why I am not at goal yet. Apparently I know how to maintain my weight because I can not get below 191. So this is a good thing to know for whenever I get to goal.

I ate for sheer comfort that was how I managed all the crap in my life...Pasta was the number one problem for me....

Now I can only eat a little and so I have to really want it to eat it....I buy the tiniest noodles or Pasta I can find and when I do eat it I think I am eating a lot of pasta....It's silly but it works for me..

I can't even begin to tell you about my sugar habits I had....All I know is since I was sleeved cakes pies and Cookies end up in the garbage almost all the time because my hubby can't eat it all....SO I know I was cleaning up the left overs...It is not an accident that I got that big...

I can now admit it all because I see things so differently now.......I am dealing with the reasons I ate all the time...I am finally getting there..Slowly but surely!!!!