Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV posting!!! Not that I haven't had them, but THIS one is something I have been waiting for for a long time...

This morning I PUT ON MY BF'S BRAND NEW JEANS AND THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I SO wanted to be able to do that when I went to visit him a couple months ago, but I was at least an inch away from them buttoning.

Okay, they are skin tight, but STILL!!!

They're Rustlers 40x30 REGULAR CUT straight leg jeans. And I had them ON. OMG OMG OMG!!

Here's the weird thing, too... I could have sworn I tried them on a month or so ago, and still couldn't get them buttoned. My weight has basically stablized since April 12th - it ranges from 201-213 between then and now.... My low is posted as 201, but I was 207.5 this morning. I was 211.5 the day I flew off to Europe in April - when the pants were at LEAST an inch too small at the waist.

So for those of you for whom the scale is not moving, I'M TELLING YOU - the body does secret compacting stuff, even when the scale doesn't move.

A gal who's only worked here a month and a half caught me in the bathroom yesterday and said, "You've been losing a LOT of weight, haven't you?!" I laughed, because when she started 6/21 I was 204.5. Yesterday I was 208. But I AM smaller - I can feel it in my clothes. This comment from her was based on her observations over the past month and a-half only - NOT on previous knowledge of my weightloss history.

I'm not working out, so it can't be muscle shrinking my body but replacing the weight...

So I don't know why, I don't know how, and I don't really care... I'm still shrinking, no matter what the scale says. So there, scale! :)

[quoteSo for those of you for whom the scale is not moving, I'M TELLING YOU - the body does secret compacting stuff, even when the scale doesn't move.

So I don't know why, I don't know how, and I don't really care... I'm still shrinking, no matter what the scale says. So there, scale! :) [/b]

Yeah, Donali!!! You continue to be a fantastic source of inspiration. What did your little boyfriend think of you modeling his jeans?

:Bunny :Bunny :banana :Bunny :Bunny :banana

Congratulations Donali! I know the numbers on the scale control us, getting smaller is exhillerating! Enjoy your sucess! You so deserve it!

Donali: I have noticed the same phenomenen (sp?). I haven't really lost much weight since about the end of June. Maybe 8 lbs total. But people are still saying to me, "WOW! You are really losing the weight." It is a GREAT feeling. Sometimes we let the scale dictate how successful we are, because after all that is how people judge how much we are losing. I see it as a guideline actually. As long as I am not gaining then I don't care really what the scale says. I can feel it in my clothes as well. I just gave about half my wardrobe to my daughter along with shoes that I can no longer wear cause my feet are smaller. She isn't large but she is a seamstress and can make them fit her.

CONGRATS on the NSV there Donali. Aren't those fabulous???

Originally posted by New Hope

What did your little boyfriend think of you modeling his jeans?

BF doesn't know yet - he's still living in Germany. I just sent him an email about it. :D He left those new pants here (they still have the tags on them) - not sure why, but he was trying to cut down on his luggage.

Anyway, hopefully by the time he moves in mid-September I can wear them without popping the buttons off and killing innocent bystanders... :) lol

lol... So you can see the overflowing fat at the top of the jeans??? uhhhh... we'll seee...... :D

P.S. Kellymoos - did you get your Flaunts yet? How are they working for you? :)

All Right, Donali!! I totally agree with you about the shrinkage. It's almost like there are two completely different processes happening simultaneously: the numbers dropping and the inches coming off. The two seem not related to one another at all.

Yay for you!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

:):D :mad: :D :D :D

When my wife lost her weight, it was the little everyday things that meant the most to her.

We had accidentally bought a motorcycle jacket way to small for her two years ago.

Tonight she rode it riding for the first time.

So, you slipping on the small jeans is a great big pat on the back for you. Celebrate that moment any way you can, make it last. There will be more.

Good for Donali!

Compacting!!!

Ain't it sweet

Go get some hip-huggers

Love NSV's

Tonight she rode it riding for the first time

Congrat's to whip's o'l lady

WOO HOO DONALI!!!!!! WTG GIRL!!!

Ummmm... I think we are waiting for the pic....LOL.

Darcy

Okay, when I said they "fit"... I really should have JUST said "I can get them buttoned and zipped." :) They certainly don't FIT in the "wear them in public and live to tell about it" sense of the word. lol

I can't believe I'm posting these pics - fat rolls, and all... (What is WRONG with me?!?! lol It's DeLarla's fault - she brought out the exhibitionist in me, and I can't stuff her back in!! :D )

post-203690-13813131303455_thumb.jpg

:) THIS IS WONDERFUL... WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!! And I love LOVE the new bra.... I want one just like it!

And I agree with the others, you are such an inspiration to all of us...

God bless you and.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!