Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Which support group meetings do you guys go to, if you go at all?

The one at St. Mary's is closest to me (I live in North Reno).. I've been to it once so far.

Hey there NVGirl! I also live in the NOrth Valleys, Cold Springs to be exact. I have gone, only once, to the RENOWN South Meadows, and to the one at Saints. I have to say I think that I like the one at South Meadows better but I think that I will test them both out again before I decide which one to stick with.

Are you so excited for your suregery? It is truly a life changenging event. I had my surgery on February12 with Dr. Ganser down at South Meadows. Everything went very well and I think that Dr. Ganser is terrific.

Are you planning on going to the fashion show on the 21st, I will be there I am very excited to see other peoples results. Hopefully next year I will be in the fashion show!

Well good luck and hopefully I will chat with you more soon!

Hey there NVGirl! I also live in the NOrth Valleys, Cold Springs to be exact. I have gone, only once, to the RENOWN South Meadows, and to the one at Saints. I have to say I think that I like the one at South Meadows better but I think that I will test them both out again before I decide which one to stick with.

Are you so excited for your suregery? It is truly a life changenging event. I had my surgery on February12 with Dr. Ganser down at South Meadows. Everything went very well and I think that Dr. Ganser is terrific.

Are you planning on going to the fashion show on the 21st, I will be there I am very excited to see other peoples results. Hopefully next year I will be in the fashion show!

Well good luck and hopefully I will chat with you more soon!

Redfred,

It looks like you are doing really great! Dr. Ganser is my doc too. Have you had your first fill yet? I am now losing a lot of the restriction I had. I can eat almost anything plus in much larger amounts. My hunger is coming on with a vengence! I keep telling myself I am going back on liquids for a few days. If you have had your first fill already, could you tell a difference shortly afterwards? Thanks, Gail

Red:

Do you recall the criteria on the chart? Was it mostly based on losing or not losing weight? Hunger pains?

Did you qualify for the biggest avail fill to you or the smallest avail? Where were you in the chart?

I am def. planning on going to the fashion show, so hopefully we will see you there! That will be fun!

Also the next s. Meadows lapband support group meeting is Thursday 4/19/07 @6pm.

You are doing fantastic; look at you go!

I have noticed immediate restriction since my first fill, things are going really well.

I can't remember all the criteria on the chart, but the requirements are more than weight loss. I think it was things like are you looking for food, are you constantly hungry, how much can you eat and things like that. I was right in the middle of needing a fill and not needing a fill so I got 1cc of a fill. But let me tell you I completely notice a difference with just that little amount. I can actually tell that there is something in there. I am having to go much slower at meal times and I deffinitely have to make sure that I eat every two hours. If I don't eat every two hours I get hungry and then over eat when I do find a minute to eat and then things are really uncomfortable.

hey red, I have been pretty busy, so I have not checked up here. We went to Roseville thurs/fri. I worked yesterday day shift then spent all day today pulling the camp trailer out of mothballs.

How are you feeling from the fill? I cant wait, I am eating way too much right now and this plateau is killing me

Chris

well, I had an honest to God PB tonight!! Boy, was that not fun!

We had chicken strips for dinner and I brought some to work. I had some problems at dinner because they were pretty dry, kinda hung up a bit.

I got kinda hungry about 8:00 tonight at work so I heated up a couple. Ate one and then the other. All of a sudden kinda get this pain in my chest. My mouth starts watering and it was really hurting. Went to the trash can and up comes this giant foam ball with the chicken!!

I know it was because I ate it too fast. Did not chew enough. Boy, was that ever gross!!!!! I did feel better right after though

Chris

Chris;

When I PB'd that one time right after surgery, it was not just once and it was all over with I was leaning over the trash can for about 30 minutes. So thank goodness yours came out all at once.

You probably experienced but did not post about that your whole ends up completely sweaty and your dripping wet by the time the whole experience is over.

And you know what? Mine was on fried chicken too, leftovers just like yours as a matter of fact; but mine was chinese sweet and sour chicken.

I go in for a fill today at 10am, I will let you know the details later tonight; I have more dr./dentist/optomitrist etc. appts today than I have had in the last month.

P

I haven't PB'd as I know it yet! Sometimes I get some weird aches and pains in my neck and tummy and I burp an awful lot!

My post kinda read funny.

Let me clarify YOUR WHOLE BODYis dripping wet from perspiration from the PB.

Serves me right to flub up a type written note when I am trying to answer phones, take care of customers and post a personal note not LBT!

So today was my first fill.

I was banded 3/1 (6 weeks ago)

I have a 10cc band thus (I was told today) it will hold 5 cc.

Upon placing the band apparently the Dr. put 1 cc in.

Today I got another 1 cc. So I have 2 cc’s in.

I am on liquids for the next 3 days

The nurse nummed my port; just like the dentist would numb your gums, and for about 2 seconds it was a little burning sensation. (not a big deal though) She used a needle to draw out the liquid in the band to measure how much was in there. I felt the liquid moving through the tube; like liquid in your stomach; you can just feel it moving around ~ it was not uncomfortable or anything. She then stuck on another syringe and added 1 cc to my port. She handed me a Dixie cup of Water and said to drink the water, as she was putting away her little tools and said “see you in 6 weeks”. I don’t feel any different ~ but I have not tried any thicker liquids yet.

no sweating for me. I just had the pain, new something had to give so I stayed close to a trash can. Then a whole mouth full of foam and a chunk of chicken!! Not pleasant, but for sure not the worst thing that has ever happened to me

Chris

Ok that does it! Someone has to say hello how is everyone doing? I talked to Pam last night. She seems to be doing ok. I have slowed down with the weight loss but have not gained. I have my first fill on Tues the 17th. Looking forward to it.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!