Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im freaking out

To say I am freaked out would be an understatement... Please keep your judgement and bad comments to yourself I have enough of that in my inner monologue right now... I am six weeks post op... have been really careful both times my hubby and I have done the deed using two forms of protection and I just got 2 BFPs... I am terrified and exvited at the same time... how did this little guy make it past all of our measures?!?! I am 5 weeks along according to my last MP meaning I got PG about 2-3 weeks post op... yall im freaking out

::hugs::

I'd consult your surgeon & gyno so you can make informed decisions.

Pro-life or pro-choice I'd take a min to have a quiet moment & think through your decision maybe do a pro & con sheet for each.

allons-y

To say I am freaked out would be an understatement... Please keep your judgement and bad comments to yourself I have enough of that in my inner monologue right now... I am six weeks post op... have been really careful both times my hubby and I have done the deed using two forms of protection and I just got 2 BFPs... I am terrified and exvited at the same time... how did this little guy make it past all of our measures?!?! I am 5 weeks along according to my last MP meaning I got PG about 2-3 weeks post op... yall im freaking out

That's it. No more sex for my man! Good luck girl, whatever you do!

My prayers are with you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

If preggo you will need to work doubly hard on your nutrition that is all. Babies DO happen (often when least expected.

At a seminar that I went to the doctor said the main issue is that you and baby get enough nutrients and not get malnourished, good luck.

I got pregnant 1 year post op... I struggled with dehydration through it all. I too was on multiple birth controls. I didn't find out until later that the birth control pill doesn't work the same for sleeved females because we don't have as much of a stomach to absorb the medication. It hasn't been proved which is what my OB said.. But.. That was her opinion. Consider your options and do what's best.

"I got PG about 2-3 weeks post op..."

....Take a little time. Make an informed decision. Do not let others beliefs sway your decision. this is YOUR life, and you deserve to be on the top of the list--especially now. Good luck--it could happen to any of us--(except me! Im riding the abstinence bus--but I'll hop off eventually!)

Wow, look at all the choices you get to make......not fun......nutrition could be a big issue this early out....best wishes on your decision...... :P

I spoke with my surgeons head nurse. She emailed me a new nutrition plan with altered Vitamins and Protein guidelines. She is not super concerned. I mean they surely arent excited but she said "it happens and it just part of Gods plan"

Not freaking out so much anymore. I will keep yall updated but so far it seems like everything will be alright.

I think it's fantastic you have received support from your surgeons office. This will help you in your personal journey and with the decisions you have to make

Mamachef, it's a truly amazing blessing! CONGRATULATIONS! :D.

I was warned about this by my nutritionist as I have PCOS. He stated that my fertility could 'rebound' greatly after the op and I should be extremely careful. I'm on the pill at the moment. Anyone got any contraception ideas, other than condoms, which would be 'good' for sleevers? (Save a full-body neoprene suit or a vow of chastity?!!) Anyone tried those three monthly injections?

Mamachef' date=' it's a truly amazing blessing! CONGRATULATIONS! :D.

I was warned about this by my nutritionist as I have PCOS. He stated that my fertility could 'rebound' greatly after the op and I should be extremely careful. I'm on the pill at the moment. Anyone got any contraception ideas, other than condoms, which would be 'good' for sleevers? (Save a full-body neoprene suit or a vow of chastity?!!) Anyone tried those three monthly injections?[/quote']

I'm on the depo injections as me and my husband have decided not to have children. To save any accidents I felt this was the most reliable method of contraception for me. I've been on them for 17 years. As you have no period, I just have to take extra Calcium tablets for healthy bones. I didn't have to stop them pre op, I just had to have 6 weeks of heparin injections post op. All worth it for me and my peace of mind.

I'll have to give this some thought! Is there anything out there for men to swallow these days?!

I settled on a copper iud. I also have pcos. I wanted something non hormonal.