Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Thank you.

You're welcome!

Ignore what makes you bristle. That's generally the best approach. :) Message board arguments take two, but it only takes one to say "I'm done."

TRUE! But sometimes that is difficult when you are being attacked.

Ron, baby: This is to you. If I have in some small way been able to get under your skin (as I apparently have) as much as you've gotten under the skin of many people here, then I've done my job. I can leave here now happy in the knowledge that you have bristled enough under the weight of my comments to completely show the depth and breadth of your brain power.

Nah! You havn't gotten under my skin at all. I just consider the source! I really hoped to have serious discussion about a serious subject here, and a few folks were very able to participate. Some were not, and I guess that includes you.

I suspect that if I got under the skin of some people, it was that they really didn't want to hear what I was saying, rather than being offended by who was saying it. If I offended someone personally, it was not intentional. You, on the other hand, had the goal of personally offending me, which says an awful lot about what you are all about. If you are that shallow, I pity you!

If I offended someone personally, it was not intentional.
I call bullshit. Calling people idiots isn't exactly unintentional.

For the record, I am also thrilled that you found something that makes you happy. I just don't think that gives you the right to act like an ass about other people's beliefs.

And again, it isn't who was saying it that pissed people off, it was HOW you were saying it. I don't go up to Christians and say, "I'm SO sorry that you will never find the eternal paradise you are looking for. Let me rescue you from your misguided ways!" But apparently, you see nothing wrong in doing just that to those of us who are Christians.

Idiots! If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck! Or should I say Quack Quack??

I never said those things but that's apparently what you got from it. Yeah, you were offended by the message alright! And naw, I won't curse back at you. I can express myseld without it.

I call bullshit. Calling people idiots isn't exactly unintentional.

For the record, I am also thrilled that you found something that makes you happy. I just don't think that gives you the right to act like an ass about other people's beliefs.

And again, it isn't who was saying it that pissed people off, it was HOW you were saying it. I don't go up to Christians and say, "I'm SO sorry that you will never find the eternal paradise you are looking for. Let me rescue you from your misguided ways!" But apparently, you see nothing wrong in doing just that to those of us who are Christians.

I call bullshit.
And naw, I won't curse back at you. I can express myseld without it.

Haven't you ever heard of Bullshit? It's a CARD GAME, for Pete's sake. One that KIDS PLAY! The point of it is to figure out when someone is lying about their cards. I used that terminology to infer that you were lying!

My grandkids don't play games like that, but I got the point. Think what you want! I know what my intentions were and so does God. You want to think otherwise, knock yourself out!

Haven't you ever heard of Bullshit? It's a CARD GAME, for Pete's sake. One that KIDS PLAY! The point of it is to figure out when someone is lying about their cards. I used that terminology to infer that you were lying!

There is no question in my mind, just like there is no question in my mind regarding what I believe. And that is sincere!

You know, I sincerely hope so.:rolleyes

Actually, I was saying that I hope God sees what your true intentions were, and I hope he sees your attitude towards other beliefs, too. The true measure of a person is in what they do, not what they say.

I am sure He see's what my attitude is toward other beliefs, and that He is very pleased. The Bible says that the "ONLY way to the Father is through Messiah Jesus", so if I discount other belief systems, it is only because God does as well.

Actually, I was saying that I hope God sees what your true intentions were, and I hope he sees your attitude towards other beliefs, too.

If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 1 John 4:20

Great verse! So what is your point? I don't hate anyone if that is what you are implying!!

If I am not mistaking, you said you were an athiest! Interesting that you would choose to quote scripture that you don't believe in.

If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 1 John 4:20

I don't believe in it, but I think it is the only way to get through to you. When you are talking to someone that only speaks Japanese, you use Japanese, correct?

Your very words deny what you believe in. You can't attack someone's beliefs and then say you love them. A person's belief system is intrinsic to them, a part of them. You can't hate only part of a person.

ETA: Very words, not every action. Obviously, I don't know squat about what you do off the board.

No, no, no, you've got me all wrong! I didn't mean to offend you, Ron! If you think that's what I meant by what I said, I apologize!

I have been learning so much here by what you've said. You may not like me or what I've said, but I certainly am not upset or offended by anything you've said, in the least. God knows my intentions. God knows me, just like I know God. I am very happy with my beliefs. If you misunderstand or your beliefs are very different from mine, that is your prerrogative, of course. I am not trying to sway you or convince you of anything. I just know that you would be a much happier and more fulfilled person if you would believe that name-calling and being rude to people is not what Jesus would do if he were in your shoes trying to convince people that they are wrong.

Idiots! If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a duck. Woof, woof.