Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pumpkin recipes

Beings fall is nearly upon us, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some delicious pumpkin recipes?

I have a pumpkin cookie recipe from "before" but its got a ton of butter in it so that's OUT.

I found a no-crust pumpkin pie - I bet adding some Protein powder to it would make for a perfect Thanksgiving dessert.

http://www.marinawei...es/pumpkin-pie/

Okay, what'cha got? I'll be needing my pumpkin fix as soon as the weather changes and the leaves start to fall. It's a must in my book.

Cut up a fresh pumpkin in quarters and reserve the seeds. Wrap in plastic wrap and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes until soft. Let it cool and scrape it out of the shell. You can now do several things: Soup, crustless pie, soufflé .

Soup:

1 quart vegetable or chicken broth

1tsp dried sage

1/2 onion minced

1 tbl olive oil

1 tsp dried thyme

1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped

Pumpkin you just cooked or 1 can unsweetened pumpkin

Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté the onion until transparent. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the apple is soft. Use a blender or immersion blender to purée the Soup. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.

I bought a box of pumpkin coffee K-cups from Dunkin Donuts. We have a Keurig coffee maker at work. I thought it would be nice to have a pumpkin latte once in a while.

Pumpkin Fluff

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup of Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping

4 serving fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix

15 oz canned pumpkin

1sp pumpking pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 cup fat-free skim milk

DIRECTIONS:

Mix Milk and pudding together until dissolved.

Stir in pumpkin and spices until well mixed.

gently stir in cool whip.

refridgerate for at least 1 hours and enjoy.

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 79.0

• Total Fat: 0.5 g
  • Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
  • Sodium: 16.2 mg
  • Total Carbs: 5.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
  • Protein: 1.6 g

I posted a sweet potato Protein pie recipe here a few weeks ago that could easily be adapted for pumpkin.< /p>

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/90144-sweet-potato-protein-pie/page__hl__%2Bsweet+%2Bpotato+%2Bpie

Also, when I was experimenting with ideas before surgery, I blended pumpkin puree with cottage cheese & pumpkin pie spice & some maple Syrup in the food processor. It was yummy, sort of like pumpkin cheesecake.

pumpkin Fluff INGREDIENTS: 1 cup of Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping 4 serving fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix 15 oz canned pumpkin 1sp pumpking pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1 cup fat-free skim milk DIRECTIONS: Mix Milk and pudding together until dissolved. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well mixed. gently stir in cool whip. refridgerate for at least 1 hours and enjoy. Number of Servings: 8 Nutritional Info [*]Servings Per Recipe: 8 [*]Amount Per Serving [*]Calories: 79.0 [*]Total Fat: 0.5 g [*]Cholesterol: 1.6 mg [*]Sodium: 16.2 mg [*]Total Carbs: 5.4 g [*]Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g [*]Protein: 1.6 g [*]