Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you getting a new driver's license or work ID since losing weight or once you reach goal?

I read the Al Roker book and he said he keeps his old ID as a reminder of where he was. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. How about you?

I will keep my work ID the same because I have kept it with the same photo since the place opened. I look HUGE on it too.

My DL I will change when it expires because they will make me. If I had a choice I'm not sure what I would do. I understand Rokers POV.

People only see my DL at stores when I use a credit card so I don't care what it looks like.

I would (will) happily get a new pic for my driver's license...there are plenty of other pics of me fat that I could look to if I want to remember where I've come from.

I would love to get a new one! There is a hideously unhappy fat person staring back out at me every time I pull that thing out...

It's funny buplee this fits in to your hot thread too, how I don't like being judged..

When I went to get my new license I was at my highest weight. The "man" behind the counter asked for my old one. When I gave it to him, he said "this is you???" "Wow you Were hot"

No kidding his exact words...

My husband wanted to go back there and get him when I came home upset.

Needless to say my picture was snapped. And not only was I rotund I was the most unhappy girl in the world at that point.

Yes I want a new picture!

I would love to get a new one! There is a hideously unhappy fat person staring back out at me every time I pull that thing out...

It's funny buplee this fits in to your hot thread too' date=' how I don't like being judged..

When I went to get my new license I was at my highest weight. The "man" behind the counter asked for my old one. When I gave it to him, he said "this is you???" "Wow you Were hot"

Needless to say my picture was snapped. And not only was I rotund I was the most unhappy girl in the world at that point.

Yes I want a new picture![/quote']

My wife always says that people have no impulse control. Whatever the person thinks comes straight out of their mouth no matter how hurtful. I know how your husband felt, there have been several occasions when I wanted to clock someone who made a comment to my wife or about us.

I have a few ideas and my current drivers license but that picture was taken during a lower weigh period in my life.

keeps his old ID as a reminder of where he was.

buplee

I wish i had kept my old picture :(

my DH (his name is tom)needed to go to DMV - i had reached goal and i said to myself "hmmmm, maybe i'll get a new license to show the new and improved me :) "

gave my old license to the guy at the counter

told him my weight story, he went to get a lady, turned out she also had the sleeve :o

it was great talking to her - comparing stories

little off topic

i didn't tell anyone about my pending WLS except immediate family

I didn't know how people would react

my paranoia crept in saying will people be watching my every bite, and when and how much weight i have lost - didn't want to go there

Now i tell everyone proudly about my WLS - people love hearing the story - no one judges, i just hear nice things

i've told everyone except the lamp post on my corner :lol:

hmmmm, maybe after this post i'll go outside and tell it toooo :lol:

kathy

My driver's license expires next year & it's the year they make you take the test, so I have to go in anyway. I don't think I'd make an extra trip specifically, but since I'll be there (and hopefully to goal by then!) I figure I'll get a new photo.

As for my work badge photo - HELL, yes! I am at my highest weight on that thing, with a horrible haircut. I look like a bad, fat version of my mother! I never let people see it, it's just hideous. Can't wait to replace that thing! Unfortunately, the policy at my company is no new badges unless you've had a drastic change (dyeing your hair or something like that won't do it). So I'm going to wait until I've at least reached my halfway goal before I change it.

And if the badge photo guy makes any comments to me like the guy at the DMV did to Laura-ven, it is ON!!

Mine expires next year and I am getting married in October. So I'm sure when I get a new one with my new last name I'll get a new picture as well. That's fine. Hate my old pic. I look stupid in it. :-)

I'm not sure if it is legally required in Texas - to get a new DL if your looks significantly change, but I get stopped so rarely that I'm going to wait until expiration before getting a new DL.

I live in a city with about 6 million people .......I will be avoiding the DMV for as long as I can! I do need to update my cosmetology license pic though!

I live in a city with about 6 million people .......I will be avoiding the DMV for as long as I can! I do need to update my cosmetology license pic though!

Come over here to Cleveland....you can walk in and out. In Houston.....yeah....it's an all day affair getting a license. I went into the office in Pasadena last time and you had to sign on a waiting list just to get a chair to sit in while you waited.

It's funny buplee this fits in to your hot thread too' date=' how I don't like being judged..

Yes I want a new picture![/quote']

:(

This may be the saddest story I've heard all day. I don't blame your husband for wanting to go back. People can really be idiots.

I got a new one when I got married in July. I look soooo much better and happier.

Come over here to Cleveland....you can walk in and out. In Houston.....yeah....it's an all day affair getting a license. I went into the office in Pasadena last time and you had to sign on a waiting list just to get a chair to sit in while you waited.

Maybe next time I visit my folks in round rock tx I'll update it haha!

Didn't Houston get one of the new offices like DFW and Austin- you can make appointments and sign in online! Sooo much better!