Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cream based soups.....

I generally only eat home made Soups. So I have a question. When we are told we can have cream based soups, what do they mean. Is it Campbell's Cream of something? Can I not just take homemade cream based soups and blend it? Thoughts?

You definitely can! I did it for most of my soups- except I bought egg drop and tortilla Soup from two local restaurants!

You can definitely blend up your home-made Soups, just make sure that you blend them really well.

I just used a hand blender and blended all different kinds of Soups until they were completely smooth. I didn't add cream or milk to them, but blending them made the texture creamy. I don't like any of the "Cream of ____" soups except Tomato and that got old fast. I would get Soup from Panera bread and blend that up- tastes so much better than soup from a can!

I just used a hand blender and blended all different kinds of Soups until they were completely smooth. I didn't add cream or milk to them' date=' but blending them made the texture creamy. I don't like any of the "Cream of ____" soups except Tomato and that got old fast. I would get Soup from Panera bread and blend that up- tastes so much better than soup from a can![/quote']

I love the idea of grabbing Panera. Thanks!

I love the idea of grabbing Panera. Thanks!

Panes is great but remember it tastes better because it is worse for you. It had a higher fat content. Not deterring you, just letting you know.

I don't really like to cook, so when I was on the cream Soup phase, I ate a lot of Panera's broccoli/cheese soup. I ordered a cup, and could eat about 1/2. That's 150 calories. When I was on soft foods, I ordered a serving of their chicken, cut it into small pieces and added it into the broccoli/ cheese soup. Delish! It's still a quick lunch for me at 3.5 post op.

I don't really like to cook' date=' so when I was on the cream Soup phase, I ate a lot of Panera's broccoli/cheese soup. I ordered a cup, and could eat about 1/2. That's 150 calories. When I was on soft foods, I ordered a serving of their chicken, cut it into small pieces and added it into the broccoli/ cheese soup. Delish! It's still a quick lunch for me at 3.5 post op.[/quote']

I love cooking. I had made a bunch of soup and froze it in individual servings. That being said, since its just me, sometimes just grabbing take out is easier.

Any homemade Soup recipes?? I made homemade potato soup yesterday. I cooked my potatoes and then added a little milk and cheddar cheese, blended it up real well (it looks like vanilla pudding) and it tasted so good! I'm 6 days post op. I had about half a cup yesterday and half today and no problems. I'd like to try something else though. I don't like the broths and I'm not a big soup eater either, but potato soup is my favorite!

Also, are there any restaurants that have cream Soups? I think O'Charley's potato soup would be easy to eat and avoid the chunks of potatoes, but are there any others?

Panera bread, TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Houlihans. You can ask that they just give you the Soup part, without the chunks. Most restaurants are very accommodating.

Any homemade Soup recipes?? I made homemade potato soup yesterday. I cooked my potatoes and then added a little milk and cheddar cheese' date=' blended it up real well (it looks like vanilla pudding) and it tasted so good! I'm 6 days post op. I had about half a cup yesterday and half today and no problems. I'd like to try something else though. I don't like the broths and I'm not a big soup eater either, but potato soup is my favorite!

Also, are there any restaurants that have cream Soups? I think O'Charley's potato soup would be easy to eat and avoid the chunks of potatoes, but are there any others?[/quote']

I made a roasted garlic cauliflower Soups that was delish. Trying to find my recipe but cant. If I can find it later I will post. Trying to avoid lots of carbs, like potato soup (but I love that too). I did make a bone marrow broth that is suppose to be really great in promoting healing. I plan to sip on it after surgery.

Amy's brand lentil Soup blended up with a little chicken broth is sooo good!

Two things after reading this thread...... 1. You all made me hungry 2. I am going to need a hand blender