Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP-Can you PB on a liquid???

:help: :help: I am day 10 post op and have been doing very well. I had a Campbell's Clam Chowder Soup pureed to a thin consistency and no chunks. It was one of those Campbels Select on the go 15 oz little bowls.

Well, I was so excited, I ate the whole thing. I didn't feel uncomfortable as I ate it or right after. I did also drink 16 oz of crystal light after and now I feell NAUSOUS and my stomach feels sore!!!

Did I over do it?? Why didn't I feel full to stop????

I feel like I could very easily throw up and am lying down. What should I do?

Thanks for you help!!!

Audree

I feel nausous and worse if I walk around. I am not sliming, but have more saliva secreting tha usual. I am laying down and just feel like my stomach is over full.

I didn't feel like that as I was eating, it hit me after I drank more liquids. I even got a slight headache.

I have not been able to eat that much and have had a lot of restriction. I remember thinking, I should only eat half of this, but didn't feel uncomfortable to stop like usual, so I didn't stop.

I feel awful. It has been like forty five minutes and the saliva keeps on coming.

Audree

Yup! Unfortunately that's why we're never supposed to drink for at least an hour after the meal. hard lesson to learn but it will pass. Try sitting or standing and raising your arms above your head. It seems to take some physical pressure off the stomach. The only other thing might be to try and go to sleep- it's my only sure fire nausea trick for all types of it. Good luck and be careful. You're ten days out and still healing. The last thing you want to do after going through all this is to compromise your band by putting too much in the pouch. the sutures can start to leak.

I don't know why I thought the waiting to drink before and after only had to do when you were eating solids. I didn't know it was for when you were on liquids.

I know now!!!

Audree,

I hope you are feeling better. I would just rest it off and chalk it up to an unpleasant learning experience. At 4 weeks post op, I have not once felt full or the urge to stop eating. I eat my allotted amount and stop. Sometimes my head tells me to finish, but I am fearful of pushing the envelope so to speak and risk damaging my healing pouch. You are still early post op so I would recommend paying close attn to the portion size. Even though it was liquid. It was probably just too much in one sitting. Remember, small sips-I know it is tough and probably not what you are used to..me too! What's done is done and I am sure you will feel better soon. Take it easy.

I hope by the time you read this you have no more nausea!

Thank you guys!!!

I made the mistake of drinking about ten ounces right before, had fifteen oucnes of Soup and immediatley drank sixteen ounces of crystal light.

My first thought was to get something cold to drink or an ice pop, since that USED to help, but it sounds like that would make it worse???

Yes. I pretty much don't eat after a flight because I've slimed on Cream of Tomato Soup. And last week when I was overfilled I was PBing on my own saliva. Talk about fun. A friend of mine likes to be tight, and has slimed on a margarita before.

I had no idea you could pb on a liquid. I am thinking that my surgeon has us on a liquid stage for three weeks to also learn about the band and experience these things on liquids not solids. I didn't PB but had a lot of saliva. It took over an hour to feel better.

This is truely the ultimate learning experience.

Thanks for all your help!!!

OMG, I PB'ed on just little sips of Water for several days when I was first banded (it happened about 3 weeks after surgery). I think I was really swollen or something. I would produce VOLUMES of saliva and then "throw up" nothing but air. It sounded as if a wild animal was coming out. I was trying to work, so it was horrible! I got through it though!! Hang in there!!

Hope you are feeling better. I would hold off on adding any additional liquids right after you eat. You probably drank too many liquids. If you didn't PB it is probably because you didn't have to. I would definitely cut out drinking right afterwards. Good luck.