Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Hey All, Bronnie don't stress! You have lost 8 kgs you little legend. Have a small easter egg if you want to Dionne! When is easter? I thought today was the first of April but we are still in March. So I can go tomorrow to the bandit get together because that means Passover starts on Monday night. Mate I don't know whether I am Arthur Or Martha at the moment I am so tired. All this exercise is doing my head in.:)

I am stressed about passover next week because it is like days and days of eating!

Bronnie I don't feel very restricted either at the moment with 2.5mls in my band. Maybe it has all evaporated.:)

Susannah

I hate chicken... correction.... chicken hates me!!!!

My first PB at a christening today after eating chicken... It hurt!!!!

I must really listen to my body more.... it was saying " Bronwyn, stop, im full".... what did Bronwyn do.... had another mouthful!!!! Ah....

Well, my surgeon did say to try everything and see what didnt agree with me and ive found a few things i'll avoid.

Guess im on my 'L' plates but i cant wait to get off them. My body tells me one thing but my eyes and brain tell me another.

Bronnie, I find with chicken (well all meat actuall), I need to make sure its been marinated, or has some kind of moisture with it (in a Pasta Sauce or with a little bit of ranch dressing or mayo for example). I haven't PBed on it (touch wood haven't PBed yet) but if I eat it dry (I get the same feeling with bread, cakes or anything "dry"). It hurts A LOT.

So I did my fun run this morning 5kms in a personal best time of 35 minutes and 53 seconds. Not all that fast (the winners do it under 17 minutes), but I am proud of my efforts. 6 months ago I couldn't have even run for 53 seconds, never mind another 35 minutes!

Hope every one had a great weekend. I'm off for my Mum's last supper before she starts Optifast tomorrow.

Hi All, I went to the bandster meet up today. It was fantastic and I met some wonderful people. I hope there will be many more meetups in the future. Maybe I will come over to the west for one and meet you too Bronnie.

Hope to travel up to see Meredith soon too. Love to meet you all actually.

Susannah

Hi everyone,

I am sorry that I missed today's get together - we had free tickets to the Garden Show - so now I am exhausted after traipsing around there all day, and also frustrated about how much work and money our yard will cost to do up... ...sigh... ...at least the exercise of doing it up will be good for me! LOL!

Congratulations to those among us who trained and / or ran in this morning's Run for the Kids. Great work!. You are inspiring me to train and go in a fun run once I get a bit more weight off.

That's too bad about your PB Bronnie - chicken can be either okay, or not - depends on the day and how it's cooked for me.

I am going to bed - exhausted after a big weekend!

Anna

PS If you need some clothes to wear while you are losing, I have some great stuff to give away, both ladies and mens. Have a look at the separate thread, and send me a PM if you are interested. Cheers.

I didnt get to do it due to Doug being away and needing to pick up my kids in Newport by 11 am. Not enough time to run 15kms and get there.

So what do I do? forget about it entirely and try to drive to Newport via the monash freeway, only to get stuck in horrendous traffic, due to closure of the Domain tunnel and Westgage freeway! Bloody hell, I should have known that, I knew the route! I had to get to Newport via Flemington as you couldnt get to footscray rd through the city either, due to spencer st being closed, it took me AGES. Would have been a lot easier if I'd remembered and gone straight through Carlton and not had to wait an hour on the freeway just to get off at Batman Ave. It was awful traffic!

Well done Meredith. I've been running a year and it would still take me 30 minutes to do 5kms, I'm slow and always will be. I dont hope to ever WIN one of those things, lol.

Had my first post-op checkup yesterday & will not get any fill for another 4 weeks. Docs are happy & so am I as they told me I can start eating soft foods as long as I chew well. It really is a load off my shoulders - I was finding it SO HARD to stick to runny liquids and the side effects this caused in my gastrointestinal tract. I went back to work last week & it all went OK - sometimes my work is quite physical & I can get very tired but I have coped OK (except maybe for the evening when my sister rang at 7.30pm - I was roused from a deep slumber, picking up the phone reluctantly, thinking it was 3am & I was oncall!) Yep it was 7.30pm & I was so tired I was already in a coma.

Told the docs about LBT & how helpful I am finding it. They will inform other patients about it as the Bowral Bariatric Centre is quite new & they are aiming for best-practice results.

Have rung the local health club. It is a resort & has a waiting list to join the gym & I put my name down - I have only ever been in a gym a few times to attend aquarobics. Also got the times for Aqua which is different everyday so I should be able to fit it in with work at least a few times a week.

I have a question - what is PB? I have a feeling it does not mean Personal Best........

Last but not least, have lost 13 kg since I went in for my first consult.It was about 6 months ago - had to have a hernia repaired before i could get banded.

Love to all

Hi Everybody, I am so tired. The last two nights I have not been to bed before 1am due to Passover. I was only able to eat a small amount last night and then the trap door closed!I was not able to eat the main meal. In a way I feel liberated, like I have been set free from this desperate need to eat. I actually felt happy that I couldn't stuff myself like I have in previous years.

I have now lost 12 kilos post surgery and the exercising is also going well. I feel like I am on track to succeed in this journey.

Some people are so funny, when I tell them I have a band around my stomach they think it is around the outside of it, and they ask to see it!:biggrin1:

Hope you are all well and happy. What is everybody doing for Easter? I plan on taking the two days off work to just really rest and relax.

Susannah

Hey Susannah - sounds like your weight loss is ticking along nicely...

It must be difficult to manage during "eating" festivals...people's reactions to the band are funny sometimes aren't they? I haven't told many people, but my best friend's husband (who is an architect and reasonably smart!) asked "how are they going to get the fat out if they're putting it inside her?"

D'oh!

Hi Everyone...

Im off to work this afternoon for the first time post-op. Im actually looking forward to it. I just hope someone notices ive lost weight.... i'll feel a bit down if they dont.

Good luck Bronnie! I felt a bit disheartned that no one outwardly noticed my loss after I went back to work. But then no one knew I was having the surgery (do your workmates know?) and I had more weight to lose than you (the bigger you are the less noticeable the loss is). Its only been maybe in the last couple of week actually that people have been saying "wow the weight is falling off you" and "how are you losing all this weight". Thats been feeling pretty good.

I am feeling pretty crappy today. I'm home sick from work with the sore throat virus thing that is going around. I've been in bed all morning feeling crappy. I hope it doesn't get any worse, that would suck, just in time for Easter!

Hi All, Meredith you poor girl.:D You need some steaming hot chicken Soup.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Feel better.

Blythe, thanks mate, any updates on your banding situation?

I am going to bed early tonight. I exercised hard tonight to work off the last two nights meals.:clap2:

Susannah

Hi Susannah - my banding date is 24th May - it's all looking good. I'm taking three weeks off work but since I work from home anyway no one will really notice if I've lost weight or not when I return to work...lol

What do you do for exercise Susannah?

Hi Blythe, I do several different workout dvd's at home. I like the fact I can do them in private and when it suits my schedule. I would like to join a gym bit they are so expensive. I reckon if the government wants to reduce the annual cost of obesity medical care they should subsidize the cost of gym to make it more affordable for people. I think more people would use a gym of they could afford to.

I also power walk and use light weights.

Today is the last day of the working week!:clap2: Bludge city here I come.:biggrin1: Susannah