Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop now! Don't lose anymore! You have lost enough now, time to stop!

These are three things I am starting to hear. It's annoying me. I know that those saying them are coming from a good place, that it is people who are proud of me, pleased for me and happy that I am happy. They are not being mean, i don't believe they are trying to trip me up or sabotage me. But I am baffled as to why they think I should 'stop' when I am so tantalisingly close to goal.

I am still clearly overweight, though mostly in the tummy it is still a cuddly lump of fatness. Obvious when pulling on pants that fit everywhere BUT the belly. Held in place and kept in line with various forms of super hero reinforced foundation garment examples of underwear. But still there. Still the last few kilos stubbornly clinging on.

Do others hear this? Can anyone give any insight into why they think people may say these things?

I should just ask the next one who says it. In fact, I will ask the next one who says it! But until then, it would be interesting to know whether this is common for those of us battling the last few kilos or pounds.

It might be because they fear you will lose too much weight. I have seen a lot of people lose all their extra weight plus an extra 10 lbs. The look like skeletons. Most people rebound to a normal weight, but the extreme skinniness bothers some people. Either that, or they are jealous. That's a possibility too. You look great by the way!

i would tell them to put the donut down.

I would LOVE for people to tell me that, btw.

Eye on the prize.

It might be because they fear you will lose too much weight. I have seen a lot of people lose all their extra weight plus an extra 10 lbs. The look like skeletons. Most people rebound to a normal weight' date=' but the extreme skinniness bothers some people. Either that, or they are jealous. That's a possibility too. You look great by the way![/quote']

Thank you. Yes, I have wondered if that is the worry. I can be a bit obsessive so this would be a reasonable concern.

I really don't think they are jealous. Apart from the ones who say 'I hate you biatch, you are too skinny now and it makes me jealous!" and even they are laughing and hugging me when they say it and I laugh with them.

i would tell them to put the donut down.

I would LOVE for people to tell me that' date=' btw.

Eye on the prize.[/quote']

Lol, that's actually a great line. If I replace 'donut' with 'wine' it would work really well!

I think it a combination of things. They aren't used to seeing you at a normal weight. When you first lose, it takes time to settle and your face may be thinner than it will be in a few moths. You may be thinner than they are now. I always smiled ans sais "thanks! I feel great!" Who can ague with feeling great? And if they did, I just didn't reply.

Lynda

saw some great advice on the march sleevers FB page about this. if people say this just say you have stopped and are working on maintenance now. why do they need to know about the last 5-10-15 or even 20 pounds. no matter how much you will just be hitting your head against a brick wall since you can't convince them. if they try to sabotage your maintenance with "live a little" or " just this once you're so skinny" flash before picture and say that is why you are so careful. you gained it one cookie at a time and can gain it back 1 cookie at a time.

I think it a combination of things. They aren't used to seeing you at a normal weight. When you first lose' date=' it takes time to settle and your face may be thinner than it will be in a few moths. You may be thinner than they are now. I always smiled ans sais "thanks! I feel great!" Who can ague with feeling great? And if they did, I just didn't reply.

Lynda[/quote']

Thanks, Lynda. That is pretty much exactly what I do say! And you could be right, my face does seem to be waiting for the rest of me to catch up.

saw some great advice on the march sleevers FB page about this. if people say this just say you have stopped and are working on maintenance now. why do they need to know about the last 5-10-15 or even 20 pounds. no matter how much you will just be hitting your head against a brick wall since you can't convince them. if they try to sabotage your maintenance with "live a little" or " just this once you're so skinny" flash before picture and say that is why you are so careful. you gained it one cookie at a time and can gain it back 1 cookie at a time.

I love the idea of flashing a before picture to remind others, and myself, of how easy it was to be mindless and go back to where I was. I should save one to my phone! Not that I think anyone is trying to sabotage me, nor that anyone around me would. However, people do make poor choices and often seek partners to those poor choices and I do not wish to be one of them.

I can kind of get what you are saying about saying I have stopped but I am an honest sort and just could not lie and say I was done when I am not. I don't feel as though i have to convince anyone of anything, i am really comfortable in my own skin here, i just find the response annoying and find myself baffled by it. Not at the head bashing place yet. :-)

Plus, I want to Celebrate getting to goal loud and proud! Can't do that if I tell them I have stopped now!

My dad told me on Saturday that I was too skinny and asked if I was sick. Then he proceeded to tell me "Mija some people are just made to be fat" to which I just hugged him and agreed. My daddy is Cuban and they like plump curvy women lol

My dad told me on Saturday that I was too skinny and asked if I was sick. Then he proceeded to tell me "Mija some people are just made to be fat" to which I just hugged him and agreed. My daddy is Cuban and they like plump curvy women lol

Haha I love Cubans except when they call me gordita then say they love a big healthy woman, oye!

These are three things I am starting to hear. It's annoying me. I know that those saying them are coming from a good place' date=' that it is people who are proud of me, pleased for me and happy that I am happy. They are not being mean, i don't believe they are trying to trip me up or sabotage me. But I am baffled as to why they think I should 'stop' when I am so tantalisingly close to goal.

I am still clearly overweight, though mostly in the tummy it is still a cuddly lump of fatness. Obvious when pulling on pants that fit everywhere BUT the belly. Held in place and kept in line with various forms of super hero reinforced foundation garment examples of underwear. But still there. Still the last few kilos stubbornly clinging on.

Do others hear this? Can anyone give any insight into why they think people may say these things?

I should just ask the next one who says it. In fact, I will ask the next one who says it! But until then, it would be interesting to know whether this is common for those of us battling the last few kilos or pounds.

[/quote']

I would say in a very dramatic voice, "omg thank you I've been waiting for you to give me the queue to stop, finally! Now who wants to order pizza" then bust out laughing.

I will probably say, " Don't worry. My physician is keeping a close eye on my weight and me." Then change the subject