Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STL sleeve scheduled 9/25

I had mine at DePaul and with Dr. Morales. Love the support from the office and I have not had any problems. The hospital, and the nurses were great. I was on the 6th floor. Oh I am from the Illinois side. I had my sleeve done on Aug 21st, 3 weeks and 4 days ago.

Congratulations Irs, how's it going. Loveit2012 I know what you mean I'm afraid of that too, I'm also afraid that something will get in the way of me getting it because I want it ssooo bad and usually that's how goes when you want something bad.

Jenlen... Had my surgery in Washington with Dr Hawver.. Same office??

No matter how many times I read people saying that they lost 50, 60, 70lbs, ect in an amount of months, still amazes me. I can,t wait till I'm able to post that on here. Congratulations

Congratulations Irs, how's it going. Loveit2012 I know what you mean I'm afraid of that too, I'm also afraid that something will get in the way of me getting it because I want it ssooo bad and usually that's how goes when you want something bad.

I am doing great. I am having problems this week getting my Protein in and my Water. I think I need to try different shakes. I have Muscle milk lite and I didn't have a problem with the milk until this week, I go for my four week checkup on Friday with Dr. Morales. Thank you for asking how I am doing.

Jenlen... Had my surgery in Washington with Dr Hawver.. Same office??

Yes, I had mine with Dr. Hawver too on 5/21/13. How is it going for you?

Shout out to all the STL sleevers!! I was sleeved on 5/31/2013 by Dr. Stephen Scott. Great experience and happy with my results thus far!!

Hi everyone! I just got approved, don't have a date yet. Going to Des Peres hospital with Dr Minkin.

Nice to meet all of you!!!

Dr. Minkin was the on-call Dr. the weekend after I had my sleeve (I had surgery on a Friday by Dr. Scott and was in the hospital until Sunday). I really liked Dr. Mikin. Best of luck to you!

I live in St Charles, MO and I am going to Mexico for my sleeve because I am a self pay. I have great insurance but it doesn't cover anything weight related. I am so excited for this new journey to begin.

Best wishes to you!!! I live in St. Peters and was sleeved in STL by Dr. Scott at Des Peres Hospital in May. If my insurance wouldn't have covered my surgery, I definitely would have considered Mexico based on all the great things I've read here. I consider myself lucky that insurance covered my surgery and that I found a great surgeon locally. I've had zero complications and have lost 60 lbs in 3.5 months. VERY HAPPY!!!!

Best wishes to you!!! I live in St. Peters and was sleeved in STL by Dr. Scott at Des Peres Hospital in May. If my insurance wouldn't have covered my surgery' date=' I definitely would have considered Mexico based on all the great things I've read here. I consider myself lucky that insurance covered my surgery and that I found a great surgeon locally. I've had zero complications and have lost 60 lbs in 3.5 months. VERY HAPPY!!!![/quote']

Just wanted you to know my surgery in Mexico was amazing. I really wouldn't change a thing about it. I was on a pre op diet for 2 weeks, had surgery this past Friday and I'm down 23 lbs. So much more to loose but I already am feeling good.

Thanks!

It's nice to meet you all.

Does anyone know of support groups in St Louis?

I havent been to one yet but I know there is a good one at DePaul hospital. Open to anyone.

There is a woman in Dr Minkin's office who I want to strangle right now. So unhelpful and flat out rude. If I weren't so far into the process I would switch doctors.

There is a woman in Dr Minkin's office who I want to strangle right now. So unhelpful and flat out rude. If I weren't so far into the process I would switch doctors.
I had some struggles with the office staff too prior to surgery. If you look at my posts from this Spring, you'll see where I vented. Just a few weeks ago, somebody kinda went off on me in that post. I'm thinking it was somebody from the office based on their lack of profile info, no other posts, and comments that only an insider could make. I choose to bite my tongue instead of reply but was pretty offended. My experience was my experience -- I'm a reasonable person as I've been in service most of my career. Getting steamed again just thinking of that person's post. ������

Anyhow, sorry you are having a bad experience with somebody. Luckily, I think most of the people there are fantastic. Hope it resolves itself soon!