Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

Hey guys just left my 1st post op doc visit. 8# down after just 6 days. HW 298 SW 292 CW 284. Had Surgery 10/23.

14# altogether!!

My weight has been the same for a week! What is going on here?!!! :angry: (But actually, even I think I look thinner...)

My weight has been the same for a week! What is going on here?!!! :angry: (But actually, even I think I look thinner...)

Same here! You had your surgery around October 15th, right? Haven't budged since I started full liquids, just started puréed food today. Not sure if I'm retaining Water or what... Started on the elliptical trainer today, hoping it helps. Not too worried because at 600-700 calories daily, my weight has to drop sometime soon. Wonder if it's hormonal?

Same here! You had your surgery around October 15th, right? Haven't budged since I started full liquids, just started puréed food today. Not sure if I'm retaining Water or what... Started on the elliptical trainer today, hoping it helps. Not too worried because at 600-700 calories daily, my weight has to drop sometime soon. Wonder if it's hormonal?

Not hormones in my case - I am waaay too old! But you're right - calorific intake is so low, it has to happen at some stage! :unsure:

Reassuring that i am not the only one..:-)

My weight has been the same for a week! What is going on here?!!! :angry: (But actually' date=' even I think I look thinner...)[/quote']

Remember to not go by the scale sometimes. Your clothes may fit looser, you may lose inches. I had to explain to a friend that by the scale I had only lose about 30lbs before surgery but I had lost a tone of inches where people kept saying I was losing but the scale didn't budge. So be patient and look at the prize at the end which is the new and improve you.

Reassuring that i am not the only one..:-)

Same here! At first I was dropping 2lbs every 12hrs for the first week post op (same date 10/15)' date=' but for week 2 my weight has been stable... Hard to believe considering how little has been going into me calorie-wise! Regardless, lost 17lbs pre-op and another 18 post-op, total of 35lbs down in the past 4 weeks-- I'll take it :-D I suspect more will start to melt off once I'm back to work and being more active!

bodyweight.png?ts=1382456267

Agreed with all of the above. Just called the dr's office and the PA said that although I probably won't be able to get it all in right now because of swelling, etc. after surgery, in general, I should try to get 800- 1000 calories per day. She also said that I will most likely lose, then plateau, lose, then plateau again. It's been so long since I've lost a significant amount of weight that I really didn't remember! I think I'll take that advice, Someonefab & ignore the existence of that scale for a few days!

So excited. Had 1 week post op appointment today. Lost 17 lbs!! Lost 28 total including 2 week pre-op. Finishing out my 2nd week of liquids and then moving onto purees. Looking forward to something other than broth.< /p>

Just left my 1st op...down 19lbs since pre-op appt! 14 since surgery! I will take it! Down 64lbs since April!!! Had not seen the number on the scale in decades!!! I enjoying the journey and was uber ecstatic to see the drain go bye bye!!! Purée start next Monday!

Had my 2wk post op today lost 25lbs since surgery on the 14th of October this brings the total since May to ding ding ding 91 pounds! Man I sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming That I am changing my life. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Had my 2wk post op today lost 25lbs since surgery on the 14th of October this brings the total since May to ding ding ding 91 pounds! Man I sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming That I am changing my life. :) Sent from my iPhone using VST

You better WERK!!!!

I had surgery on 10/10. My scale literally stayed on 282 for ELEVEN days! Yesterday I finally broke 280. I am having trouble getting my Protein and Water in. So I wonder if I am not loosing because I am not getting everything in that I am suppose to. I have been taking walks and yesterday even put together a huge, HUGE chest of drawers from IKEA. I guess all of this rambling is to say that I am right there with all of you in a plateau (ALREADY?) and I am wondering what it is that we are suppose to do? I do go to my doc/nutritionist on 11/11 so more pounds aren't coming off by then, I will ask what I am doing wrong.

Besides having my surgery on Monday' date=' I had my first major victory since going through weight loss. My PCP took me off all of the high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes medicines today. The only pill I have to take is for my thyroid, which I'll be on for the rest of my life. It may not seem like much to most people, but it's a major milestone for me.[/quote']

Awesome for you.

Surgery is Tuesday the 29th...Yikes !! Two week pre-op diet started out rough' date=' but going great now. Can't believe how fast the time is going. Best wishes to all October sleevers.[/quote']

Good luck. Take it slowly. Small bites and small sips.