Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting better at identifying my triggers that make me want to eat, but I am still struggling to find solutions to stop them.

This is what I figured out so far.

Triggers that make me want to eat:

FEELING:

- STRESSED

-UPSET

- DEGRADED

-DEPRESSED

- ANXIOUS

-FEARFUL

-UNCERTAIN

-HOPELESS

-SAD

- EMPTY

-WORTHLESS

- TEMPTED

-TAUNTED

- LONELY

- ISOLATED

- SHAMED

- JUDGED

- PRESSURED

- UNLOVEABLE

- UNAPPRECIATED

- STUCK

-POWERLESS

-HELPLESS

- MISUNDERSTOOD

- UNHEARD

-DISRESPECTED

The only solution that I keep seeing is maybe start chewing on a toothpick to quell the oral fixation aspect.

For those who have been following my posts, you already know that my home life is horrid and the fact I am broke with horrid insurance.

What other ways could I quell my triggers?

Looks like you're post-op so perhaps not gum. I would say if your triggers make you want to eat, the best course would be to not put anything in your mouth.

Instead can you...go for a walk, read, write/journal, etc. Basicially anything that does not involve eating/drinking/chewing.

You'll need to reprogram your brain to not associate your triggers with anything "mouth" related.

The gum is helping a little and the more I think about the triggers... The longer the list is becoming. I would just need to log in the calories of the gum that I chew into Myfitnesspal

I am trying to learn what is causing my weight regain. It didn't start happening until I had to move back home with my parents due to economic difficulties.

I do have an urge to chew. That is why I originally thought maybe a toothpick. I tried the gum as a 'quick fix' to prevent today's overeating from going into a full blown binge. It seems to be helping.

I've been post-op for over a year now. I wish all of my ghrelin was taken away to where I was never ever hungry again, but it didn't happen that way.

As for the journaling, I don't do. My family is ultra nosy-parker and like to go through my things. I use to put my feelings down in fiction stories, but I've had stunted creativity since I've gotten here last May.

As for the walking, I have to fight for literally anything I want to do. In my family opinion... This is a phrase I use a lot to describe them, they don't believe 'Lincoln freed the slaves'. Which means in too many words I while I stay here to finish up my Bachelors' degree and look for a job, I am basically equal to live-in maid. I have no rights in their opinion. I have no right to ever want anything. If I need something, I literally have to fight for it.

I don't have anybody that I can honestly feel comfortable talking to about this who is not affiliated with my family. As I said in my previous posts, I do not meet the requirements of Medicaid. The insurance I do have is horrid. My university is online. Therefore, I don't have the opportunity to talk to a university counselor.

That is why I turn to this forum for help.

I'm sure they have meds for your condition seems like everything is a trigger for you.. Might need some professional help there girlie. Just a thought

Unfortunately, I don't have the funding in order to receive professional help,. That is why I am trying to pull myself up by own boot straps.

Unfortunately' date=' I don't have the funding in order to receive professional help,. That is why I am trying to pull myself up by own boot straps.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that.. How long have you been sleeved for?

Whoa, your parents are a bit, well, crazy. Get up in the mornings before school and go for a walk...I don't care if you do have to fight for it. Tell them you are NOT their live in maid, that you will do a fair share of chores, and that you appreciate them letting you stay there, but you are NOT a slave. That is ridiculous! You have to fight for yourself girl. They can not stop you from walking out the door to go on a walk.

I think a lot of your triggers stem from your relationship with your parents right now and I hope you find a way to get out on your own soon.

As for journaling, why not set up a private blogger, blog? It feels good to blog and they could never find it if you have it set to private and don't give them your log in info? It's free!

Sorry to hear that.. How long have you been sleeved for?

My school is online too and they have a service when lfe events happen. Check and see if your school does. When I had to do coubseling seasions pre surgery the service found me a counselor and I got 4 free throgh the service and they will help me find someone in my neighborhood who goes by income when my insurance switches back to having the deductible again in January (due to my surgery meeting my out of pcket the rest of this year is free)