Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Day has come !

I am really sucking on the exercise part and this weekend I made a good start at trying to fix that. I made it to the Gym three times this weekend and I made a plan for this week . I got to get my lazy ass moving !

I was wondering if my port might have flipped since it does stick out ?

Absolutely not. A "sticking out" port does not equate to a flipped port.

I just heard from Doddie and she was told today by a surgeon that her port has flipped. She has to come back to TLBC to have it fixed. She is from Vancouver and I told her to ask for something from them cause its there fault. I read somewhere in here that some ports had flipped during a certain period this year. Doddie was also done in Feb 07. I asked Yau about that in April and he said he tried a new technique and it didn't work so he has revised it since. FYI only

Hi: Yes, Donna D is correct. My port has flipped. The only way you know the port is flipped is when the doctor tries to put in the fill. My surgeon tried 8 times from all angles and tried to twist the port but he eventually said the port had flipped. He was trained by Dr. Yau. I have a visit set up for June 14 and 15th at the TLBC. Hopefully when Dr. Yau looks at the problem, he can right the port with a "local". I was aware of the risks and I know the clinic make the problem right. As for travel costs, I don't think they would cover that as out of towners take on that responsiblity when they get the band. Best way I can equate is the Ontario residents don't get reimbursed for travel when they have problems. I don't mind though, as I have been loosing 1/2 lb a week since surgery. Not a great lose, but in my mind a huge victory as I have not gained since Feb and before that I was gaining consistantly for two years until I reached 303 then I called about the band. Will let you all know the results after the 14th.

When I went for my 3rf fill she said it was on it's side but it was fine . What does that mean ? I guess I should have asked, but she did not seem too concernes .

Yamina: Yes she wouldn't be too concerned because she is good at it. However, having the port on its side make it very difficult to fill. Assuming you had Nancy, she is very efficient and a port on the side is not difficult for her. However for others that may not be the case. My doctore out her tried 20 minutes and numerous pokes before he called it quits and sent me back to TO. When I got there, Nancy did the fill in two tries, but the head nurse who tried first couldn't do it. It cost me $1,000.00 just to be told everything is OK. I go to my doctore on July 12 and if he has trouble again, I am going back to TO and make them straighten out the port. I don't know about others living long distances away, but I can't get to TO everytime I need a fill or defill.

I hear you !

I have to travel to Toronto from Thunder Bay, it makes it an expensive weekend. Let me know what happens . I will have to talk to them about it when I am there in July.

Well nancy said that being on it's side does not mean it flipped, just a little harder to fill. I only go there for fills so I guess if they are ok with it , I will not worry about it. I do have an apt on July 23 and we will talk about I fill.

It is funny if I try to eath healthy I don't crave the junk. Then I eat some junk and BOOM , game over, that is all I want !

Just remember to get back on the healthy food and the junk won't win - but ya know junk in moderation is ok - and won't become a forbidden food. Once something is "off limits" we tend to want it more. I've learned to make the dangerous foods limited so I don't find I crave them as much. I have my days when I need salt or sweets but I try to have emergency Snacks available for this - so far it's worked.

Have a great summer.

Angel Bear you are right on the money. I eat junk once in awhile because if I don't, I get to resent the fact and then for some stupid reason pig out. The band is my conscience and tells me when I have had enough. Usually only a taste is good enough. Strange the fact I can have it makes me not want it. Go figure my brain. Doddie

Doddie,

From reading your posts I see that you are succeeding. Our brains are amazing aren't they? I had a lot of issues with food and found that once I conquered the Brain the rest was easy.

Now just to take it slow after this latest surgery - my brain says - wow you have time off - time to get stuff done - but the body says slow down you're stiff, sore and need time to heal. It's tough being a woman!

Have a great week.