Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Going to Italian Restaurant During Puree Stage

Noone said I would risk my health lolol... just was looking for suggestions on the menu of allowed foods during my pureed stage. And it will be dinner time so I will eat...settled on a cup of Soup and just asking for mainly broth...everyone is a tad over board with the just don't eat comments...to me its dinner time..its normal to eat..I'm fine with my broth from soup...ill consult my nut next time

Dang! in your first post you said there was no soup??? You can have them purée the soup..

Noone said I would risk my health lolol... just was looking for suggestions on the menu of allowed foods during my pureed stage. And it will be dinner time so I will eat...settled on a cup of Soup and just asking for mainly broth...everyone is a tad over board with the just don't eat comments...to me its dinner time..its normal to eat..I'm fine with my broth from soup...ill consult my nut next time

Wait! Now there's soup? You can ask for just the broth. They will be happy to strain it.

Try meatballs in sauce... When i go to Italian restaurants that's my go to dish. Good luck.

Wait! Now there's Soup? You can ask for just the broth. They will be happy to strain it.

Yes I reread the menu and found the soup section..problem solved ; )

Yes I reread the menu and found the Soup section..problem solved ; )

Well now that that's solved... Have a great time and enjoy your time with your nana!!

Yes I reread the menu and found the Soup section..problem solved ; )

Glad the problem has been solved for this occasion...but, be prepared for it to crop up again on (many) different days in the coming weeks and months (especially true for those that choose to keep WLS private)

I would suggest ordering a cup (not bowl) of Soup. That's what I usually order and a cup is still too much 7 weeks post-op. Hope you have fun!

Thanks for all the responses! As far as going and NOT eating..I have managed to keep my surgery to myself with the exception of my hubby mom and dad...sorry I should have specified that because I have no problem NOT eating at a social gathering...did it today with parents...I was just looking for any food suggestions that I could try..again I will ask my nut..I printed out the menu and we will go over it...this is also a learning experience and I don't want to be alienated because of surgery..I want to live a normal life not sit at a restaurant sipping Water...a little awkward don't ya think

Well I'm 8 weeks out sleeved on 6/24 and at 4 1/2 weeks my husband and I spent the night out and it was@11p so we went to Dennys and i ordered an unsweetened Ice tea(added My own equal) had a tea cup of chicken noodle Soup, could only sip n chew vegetables and one order of one scramble egg. Couldn't finish the food and took my drink In a kids cup lol. But I was content with it. It gets better over time. Good luck