Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC Choice plus-won't cover?

Congratulations Nancy! You are over the hump of getting approved for insurance and now get ready for the new YOU!

hello all. i've been on this site for a while now...going through the entire gut wrenching process...:confused: i just had my paperwork submitted this past week. i called uhc just to verify, and they said it was received! i'm just waiting. the only wls exclusion my employer had was that my bmi had to be 40 or over...that's it! well i got that nailed. i'm pretty optimistic that i should be approved soon... on the other hand, i will be totally pissed if i'm not. i'll let you all know. i've been on this journey since 05/07 and i want that band already!!! :bandit

Nancy, what did they use for your approval since your MBI is under 40? We have alot of the same co-morbids and we are about the same BMI. I have UHC HSM, I realize each plan is different just wondering what they looked at for you?

<p>My current Insurance plan is Blue Cross of CA PPO and now its November... which means open enrollment they are only going to offer UHC PPO, HSA, HRA or Kaiser (CA). It don't say anything about Choice or other UHC plan. </p> <p> </p> <p>My PCP has me already tested for sleep test done (got sleep apeana), Diabetes, High blood, High Cholesterol, and BMI 46</p> <p> </p> <p>Surgeon is Blue Cross and UHC cover but havent told him yet my insurance in switching over cause i just got mail this Saturday that company is switching </p> <p> </p> <p>So what are the requirement for UHC PPO for Lapband surgery? Blue Cross dont require 6month supervised medical diet and i'm hoping UHC dont either because i want surgery now and been on mannnnny diets over 15years.</p> <p> </p> <p>Hope to get some helpful information here from you guys.</p> <p> </p> <p>Orange County, CA</p>

Today Lapband Solution of Dallas submitted my information to UHC Choice Plus Of Texas waiting to be approved, Lapband Surgery date COMING SOON:clap2:

CONGRATS :whoo::whoo: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FROM THE DATE THEY SUBMITTED YOUR PAPERWORK TO UHC. AND WHAT ALL U HAD TO SEND WEIGHT HISTORY, BMI, DOCTORS EVALU.?please tell all I am so scared

Thanks Tomecia...

I believe the process took from 24-48 hours. I only needed a BMI of 40 and that's it. I think that's why I was approved so fast. I just received the letter today, but it was dated 11/2. Just think, it took longer to send out the letter than to approve me. The doctor's office sent over everything...lab work, all test results, letter from my PPO...stuff like that. Good luck and I hope you get your approval soon...:P

I hope I get approved my paperwork was sent out 11/6/07 I don't want to call I promise myself I will just wait for the letter. my fingers are cross :clap2: again congrats to a healthy life

tomecia,

My advice to you is to communicate only through lapband solutions. When I called UHc they gave me wrong informatoin so many times. They told me I was denied...twice. But that wasn't the case. UHC customer service reps seem to not have access or know how to read their system correctly. Anyway, it's easier to deal with LBS and your coordinator there. Good luck.... i know you will be banded soon!!